Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Classic Anime and Mangas - Minitokyo

Classic Anime and Mangas

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

Which anime and manga do you think are the most classic. Mean: which anime (or manga)comes to people's mind first when they think about anime (manga). It's NOT what yours or people's favorite ones are. It's the ones no one doesn't know about.

Example: Although only a few like Dragonball series but almost everyone DO know about it (I'm just happen to pick on DGB, so plz don't take it personal)

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

You mean whats popular and known right now? Here are the "classics" that i hear so much about....

Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Inu Yasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto
Tenchi Muyo
Love Hina
Chobits
FLCL
Fruits Basket
Ruroni Kenshin

Signature

haldir

CTA Designs...

mine are:

astroboy
lupin III

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

that kinda depends on who you ask though.

anyway,
Robotech!!!... or *ahem* "Macross"
Gundam
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkou(sp?)

slide...

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Macross I
Ranma 1/2
They said Kimagure Orange Road and Maison Ikkoum but I've never watched it before.
Gundam 083
that's as far as I know.

Wheeker

Wheeker

The Cosplaying IIChan Whore

Oo haha I thought you meant the true classics like from teh 70s like space cobra and lupin3rd

A very classical anime has to e Dragon Quest Dai no Dai bo ken from enix. From manga>anime>game. What else gets bigger than enix. Even now squarenix

Classic anime are:
Macross
Gundam 0080 & Char's Counterattack
Maison Ikkoku
Kimagure Orange Road
Ranma 1/2
Lupin III

As for classic manga, I'm guessing any works from Rumiko Takahashi. (when I asked someone a question like this, they said 'Ranma 1/2')

Classic anime for my country of origin would be

Doraemon
Candy Candy
Remi the... something, the one with male as the main character
Magic Knight Rayearh
Old Super Robot Movies
Saint Seiya

Ranma 1/2
Yup the only classic i'll name for you.

Galaxy Express 999
dna Sights 99.999
Queen emeraldas
Captain harlock series
yamamoto series's

Leiji Matsumoto stuff, he's kind of known as the grandfather of anime because most of his works came out in the 70's, and really are quite timeless. I'd say thats "classic" anime.

Robotech, the Zentradi series's. Original Robotech is very classic.

~Bell

Astro Boy
Dragon Ball
Slam Dunk
Detective Conan

Signature
Welcome >>> http://www.tyzon.net

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

dragon ball, lupin the third, and Detective Conan..... :hmpf:

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

Ne, the most classic titles I can think of? Kiki's delivery service, Ranma 1/2, and Princess Mononoke.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

People seem to missing the point... the thread is about anime that defines anime today that are the main titles that come to anyone's mind when thinking about anime or Japanese Cartoons.

Spirited Away (An anime that even non-anime fans really enjoy)
Dragonball Z (Few people actually thinkg of Dragonball anymore... it's all Z)
InuYasha
Pokemon
Digimon
Sailor Moon
YuGiOh

I don't think that there is an anime or non-anime fan that now has never ever heard of these series. They're so widely advertised on TV that if you watch cartoons at all you've heard of them. Only people that don't watch cartoons period haven't heard of them.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

a few I can think off are
Ranma 1/2
Flame of Recca
Dragonball Z
Detective Conan

Sailor Moon
CCS
Tenchi Muyo
Digimon

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

Quote by Terra-chanPeople seem to missing the point... the thread is about anime that defines anime today that are the main titles that come to anyone's mind when thinking about anime or Japanese Cartoons

this question's answer really depends on who you ask.
its like if you ask about Rock music, some would name Pop bands, while others would name bands from the 70's

slide...

Quote by Ay-chama

Quote by Terra-chanPeople seem to missing the point... the thread is about anime that defines anime today that are the main titles that come to anyone's mind when thinking about anime or Japanese Cartoons

this question's answer really depends on who you ask.
its like if you ask about Rock music, some would name Pop bands, while others would name bands from the 70's

well, personally I think that people writes the first anime\manga they saw, which to them is defenately classic.
for me it was ranma 1\2 :)

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.