Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 CG in anime - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

What do you think of those anime which uses computer graphics? Is it too much CG going into anime? Some exaples are Voices of a Distance Star, Gatekeepers.
Or do you like anime which is drawn? Just like Studio Ghibli's anime...?
Hoping to know some of your opinions~ *^^*

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

Quote by Hikari87Or do you like anime which is drawn? Just like Studio Ghibli's anime...?

um... you need to watch the more recent ghibli anime, like spirited away and mononoke hime... those both use quite a bit of cg

and i don't like cg if it looks terrible, but if it blends in well, then i don't mind XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

Quote by Sephiroth180 um... you need to watch the more recent ghibli anime, like spirited away and mononoke hime... those both use quite a bit of cg
and i don't like cg if it looks terrible, but if it blends in well, then i don't mind XD

Yeeah~ I did watched them.. but mostly Studio Ghiblis's anime are all drawn lol~ not much of using CG in it! *^^*

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I think that in some cases it works really well and in others it doesn't. I thought the CG effects in Last Exile and FLCL were really well done and they added a lot to the shows. I don't like it as much when there are obvious changes between cell animation and CG. Vandread was borderline; it's interior shots were cell animated while the space stuff was CG. It worked out better than it should have since the two types rarely overlapped much.

i think that shows can be done very well with both cell and CG stuff. However, it's easier to get nice looking action with CG (with modern techniques).

Was Samurai Champloo cell drawn or CG?

Signature Image

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

Quote by Jim3535
Was Samurai Champloo cell drawn or CG?

both?

Quote by Hikari87

Quote by Sephiroth180 um... you need to watch the more recent ghibli anime, like spirited away and mononoke hime... those both use quite a bit of cg

Yeeah~ I did watched them.. but mostly Studio Ghiblis's anime are all drawn lol~ not much of using CG in it! *^^*

heh they use quite a bit more cg than you'd think... i watched a show on it >.<

I like CG, but then again I like drawn, I think the ones that are drawn have a little more time put into them, but I really appriciate all the work CG artists do. I think it really depends on the type of CG, if it is cheap photoshop work, than no, but if they put some serious work into layers and the such, it is still art.

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

an anime that's all-cg that i really love is voices of a distant star... that is truly art

ghost in the shell 2: innocence, as well

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

Quote by Sephiroth180

Quote by Hikari87Or do you like anime which is drawn? Just like Studio Ghibli's anime...?

um... you need to watch the more recent ghibli anime, like spirited away and mononoke hime... those both use quite a bit of cg

i thought mononoke hime didn't use any cgs but everything was drawing with hand o.o

NoseBLeed

Photoshop?

Last exile by the way have a lot of CG, but its awesome. CG is not bad when used properly, but too many CG is not good either. Yeah CG looks beautiful like(final fantasy, errr wonderful days) but overall i still prefer drawed versions ^_^

Rest in peace...
Signature

I prefer drawed version of anime but I really like CG in LE and Gankutsuou....I don't like CG in Samurai 7 - I think that drawed robots look better :) .

ImoBaka

XIDesigner

Its ok as long as the characters themself are drawn by hand (or at least look like)
And effects are definitly more fluid with computer animation

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

it's really all about the blending...

i know one of my friends who refuses to watch Vandread because he thinks the CG'ing and the artwork don't mix well- i guess he's right (i kinda gave it a shy eye- because the series is cute)

but it's true- just depends on how you blend it... the earlier ones especially- being that the technology wasn't asgood as it is now- you can really notice it... but nowadays, you can't really tell if they spend enough time on it ^_^

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

i don't mind having CG in anime as long as it doesn't spoil the flow of the animation. The computer effects in the first Ghost in The Shell film is nicely done and complements hand drawn animation well.
I prefer hand drawn animation though. Im not sure about anime where a large fraction is all CG. Sometimes the CG stands out too much with a liquid metal look and ruins the cohesiveness of the picture. End of the line i think that anime should always be hand drawn and not be turned into computer graphics showcases like the Final Fantasy Motion picture (yes i know that wasn't strictly an anime, im just using it as an example) CG should only be used when absolutely necessary.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

I really really like drawn anime...sho originall..but a little cg isn't bad brings more effects I guess >o<''

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

icom158

CG is prefectly fine if it's done well. I think Blue Submarine was decent. Yukikaze did a decent job also. The CG in Dual was kind of annoying. It ruins the consistentcy. The best CG is the CG that you don't notice. Just like the movies.

I agree with icom158 about this. I feel that CG is good when it is used to enhance the scene, (as in, blend in well with the scene) not actually become the scene.

bakudan00

bakudan00

Tries to reveal his identity

both CG background and hand drawn anime is fine for me. both of them doing good. the first best cg graphics i watched was Vandread. I just love the battle scene. but actualy i watch normal (cg less) more than the CG one

Ryu-oh

Critical Critic

I used to be a little more leery of CG than I am now. But then again CG is getting a lot less obviously intrusive. I don't mind CG anymore, really. It means that the studios are improving their expertise as well as the techniques available.

I'd like to comment on Voices of a Distant Star as well... work of art... especially considered that was made by one person. One. Released and reworked a bit after the fact, but still, it goes to show that you can do pretty impressive things if you have the willpower to follow through on it...

Signature
Stare at the sun, what do you see?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.