Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why you like anime series over other TV content? - Minitokyo

Why you like anime series over other TV content?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

In the last couple of years I've seen how the television of my country (Colombia) is getting full of Soup Operas and Reality shows.
Right now I'm hating both of them because they became very repetitive and boring. I want to know what you ppl think about this?
Why the ppl keep watching that repetitive stuff?
And, Why you like anime series over other TV content?

I...have no idea. I don't watch soap operas...so couldn't tell ya. For me, anime is for sure over other TV shows! :D I live and breathe off of anime so...yea. I guess some people are into drama-filled soaps. I dunno they never seemed interesting to me.

CowX

CowX

Bee Train Fan

Quote by hikarujmIn the last couple of years I've seen how the television of my country
(Colombia) is getting full of Soup Operas and Reality shows.
Right now I'm hating both of them because they became very repetitive
and boring. I want to know what you ppl think about this?
Why the ppl keep watching that repetitive stuff?

Hehehe... Favorite typo of the day

I don't watch soap operas either, but i CAN tell you that my country (u.s.) watches reality shows because most of us are incredibly stupid. Reality television is the cancer that feeds away on unsuspecting morons and gives stations good ratings to promote more of it. It's a never-ending chain :angry:

i live off of anime, televisionwise it'd be Adultswim and G4Tech TV.

Signature Image

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Ahh..yea in U.S. they show so many reality shows it makes your brain hurt. I'll occasionally watch the funny ones that humilate others :D what can i say im evil right? ones such as boiling points and totally obsessed on MTV, I'm waiting for an obsessed anime fan to pop up on that one you know with the posters,DVDS, manga and everything. So far no luck. would be funny to see though. But Anime will always have a special place in my heart..and its the only thing good to watch nowadays. so i'd definately say, yes anime is better.

Signature

Yea those Reality t.v. shows like Survivor...though I don't like ones like Scare Tatics and such...those are...not even scary but whatever.

pisot

pisot

Mafia footsoldier

Hmmm. Allow me to quote an old friend of mine:

I like anime because the female characters are soooooo cute.
And they're colorful, too.

Hahahaha.

Jimmy: You think those whales piss in that water?
Jelly: No, I think they use the men's room next to the Burger King.

- from the movie Analyze This

bandgirl

bandgirl

bishoujo myu-jishan

yeah, reality and soaps suck. it's so annoying x_x. same crap over and over again, and sensless drama (it's not that I don't like drama, don't get me wrong, I do, but soaps just really overdo it to the point where it's ridiculous).

I love anime for a number of reasons (the characters, storylines, music, etc.), but I esp. love the facial expressions :D. It's very original, and adds humor and character to the shows :). which is why I don't like dubs, b/c they usually cut a lot of that out. I think the expressions are a key part of the genre, which is why anime is so unique from other tv shows.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

I agree with all of you, I just wonder why if the japaneses can have all that crazy ideas for shows (like Midori no Hibi or Elven Lied) here at the west we only get the same stuff over and over again?

Quote by CowX...Hehehe... Favorite typo of the day....

I'm not correcting it since you like it :)
btw, sorry for my english and thanks for the correction

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I don't have cable because I'm not interested Canadian and American Programming... They're things I do ONLY if I don't have internet... I'll download my anime and get TV programs sent to me from one of my friends... it's the only somewhat worthwhile stuff anyway (like Drawn Together... man this cartoon is funny...!)

Call me a weirdo, but in the end, I find anime more "real" than all the junk they choose to air on tv... The very fact that people know they're being recorded takes away from the reality of the reality shows...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

kroocshanc

a curious cat

mmmm.. i would say that because.. anime doesn't have commericials ^_^' (well if ur watching it on ur comp instead of tv) but I dont' think thats what you meant.. lol...

Also I'm banned from TV since last year.. :sweat: parents told me to concentrate on school work.. -_-

icom158

The thing about animes is that they do a lot of character development and have a continuous story. Most tv shows don't really have a continuous story line. Animes also end, so you have a sense of closure. Tv series go on and on. They don't really have a direction. The writers just keep thinking of things just to keep the story going, but not tell a story. Also, you can draw things that you can't really do in real life. Got to love them giant robos.

icom158

The thing about animes is that they do a lot of character development and have a continuous story. Most tv shows don't really have a continuous story line. Animes also end, so you have a sense of closure. Tv series go on and on. They don't really have a direction. The writers just keep thinking of things just to keep the story going, but not tell a story. Also, you can draw things that you can't really do in real life. Got to love them giant robos.

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

as "Dr. Carter" from "er" quoted:
"Ah, Reality Shows....one of the 4 horsemen from the apocalipse...", of course, later he was replied by "oh! forgive me, I missed "La Boheme" on PBS because I had to go to the opera".......

normal tv shows are like "food for the common people" and that´s why they feed us with such crap....though, anime has such a high standard (HOW MANY dolars DOES ONE gundam SEED destiny episode COST again?????) it´s obviously that we anime lovers LOVE anime OVER normal TV

broq

broq

deux ex artificium

"Elven Leid" heheh :D

Quote by hikarujm....ri no Hibi or Elven Lied) here at.....

baka

minako: like us$240000

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

Reality shows hurt brain.
sitcoms ended with sienfield...

not that US tv is ALL bad, just most of it is.

slide...

Stendec

Random Rhapsody

US television... it pains me to even think about it. Soap operas... reality tv... kill me now. An opera is too boring to be put on TV, and reality tv... isn't. I mean, when's the last time you did a decathalon for a steak?

Anime is just better. I mean, the plots are almost always awesome, the character design is great, and the style is great too.

I bring warmth where darkness reigns.
I free minds from lightless stains.
I am the alpha.
I am the omega.
I am all that remains.

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

Hmm.. I feel quite weird after reading all the posts here. For a start, I'm from Singapore and I hardly watch TV and would prefer anime over TV anytime.

However, from what I know, the majority of Singaporeans like the converse (TV over anime). From what I know, the programming here have a good mix of shows from US, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea. Out of them, I used to think that US programs (comedy and reality shows) are better in quality than the rest. Now, after reading so many negative opinions about US shows, I actually feel quite sad forthe majority of Singaporeans who watch the lousy shows on TV. :\

Vampire

Vampire

Somebody is watching you, always

Quote by pisotHmmm. Allow me to quote an old friend of mine:
I like anime because the female characters are soooooo cute.
And they're colorful, too.Hahahaha.

La neta..estoy de acuerdo con este cuate.
Pero el anime me gusta mas que todos los otros programas de television por que yo creci con el anime, me encanta dibujar y cada que tengo oportunidad lo hago :)

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Quote by broq"Elven Leid" heheh :D

Quote by hikarujm....ri no Hibi or Elven Lied) here at.....

baka
minako: like us$240000

It's "Elven Lied", so... who is the baka broq? :P

Quote by minakomel....
it´s obviously that we anime lovers LOVE anime OVER normal TV

Yes, I agree with you. I just wish that some day producers begin to treat people as intelligent beings and not just as brainless televidents, and that we all as cosumers start to ask for quallity in the TV and not just explosion, boobs, and bullets.

Has anyone read 1984 by George Orwell, I'm sure that the name of the first reality (Big Brother) came from this book, actually the full show. The book is very good, but make you think about stuff like privacy and moral inversion.

broq

broq

deux ex artificium

You are the baka hikaru: is Elfen Lied not elven lied, and NO, is not the same since the title is in german. :P (elf song)

Tv is evil; specially here. I have ban it from almost 2 years, anime took the place XD; is kind of sad what cheap and dumb programs does to the masses.
Not of the topic but I think the day when anime dies is when american companys put their hands in the production of anime series.
but lets not think about that; look at my avatar and have fun!!!

i like all kinds of shows. anime is one king that i like. i like US shows too like star trek voyager and enterprise and "24". I guess one reason why i kind of prefere anime over most of the Us shows is the beauty of its language (japanese of course) and the beautifulness of the music.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.