Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What if Naruto was dubbed? - Minitokyo

What if Naruto was dubbed?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 40 total items

Quote by Woofie

Quote by grok2099It would more likely go to ADV or
Funimation, both of which could handle the cost of liscensing a lengthy
series.

I think the main reason people would be upset isn't because their series had been ruined (as you say, they'd probably keep something close to the original on the dvd), but because they could no longer download it for free. ;) In fairness, though, with a series which will probably reach 300 episodes or more, I can kinda understand that... at £20 a DVD, 4 eps per disc, that's a good couple of thousand pounds for the entire series. Not to mention the immense wait for the new episodes. O_o But that's all a bit off-topic, so I'll talk about the potential dub...
It would be a bad dub, I'm almost certain of that. The Naruto voices, for the most part, simply don't lend themselves to translation... Naruto's voice, for example, would be very difficult to find an English equivalent of which didn't sound really bad. Sasuke would be pretty easy, but Kakashi would be very difficult, as would Shikamaru - lazy/dopey or laid back but still highly intelligent isn't easy to pull off at all. Then Orochimaru would be damn near impossible, Jiraiya's accent would be very difficult to translate I think, they'd definitely mess up Sarutobi, there's no way they could make Kankurou anywhere near as cool as he sounds now (imo ;))...
i think the voices in Naruto are very characterised compared to a lot of series, and without them the character simply wouldn't work anywhere near as well. And given that a lot of them would be very hard to pull off for any Americans period, the chances of somewhat inept dubbing companies getting someone suitable is pretty much zero.
So I think Naruto fans would be displeased. <_< >_>

you can't ruin what's already awful.

dMp

dMp

^___________^

i'd say screw it :D subs pwns dubs anyday. but i would like to see how big of a difference it will be from the sub version hehe.

Episode one has already been fandubbed (thats right, fandubbed). It was silly.

But anyway, I don't like most dubs in general, so I think it would sound pretty bad. I don't care if any companies license Naruto, because I'll still download it. Just illegally.

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

i wouldn't even touch the dubbed version then. =___=;; i'm sorry, but the only dubs that i thought were exceptional(that i've SEEN SO FAR) is spirited away, cowboy bebop, and flcl. i think a while ago my brother said that they were gonna dub naruto and change his name to "nathan". @.@ it's bad when you aren't good at dubbing anime, but it's worst when you change their names. ><

Signature

Speaking of which, why isn't Naruto licensed yet by some American publisher? Hasn't it garnered enough attention to get picked up? I mean, it is arguably one of the biggest things in the anime community right now.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

[deleted]

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

My reaction? Mmmmmm...If it was licensed from publishers like 4Kids Entertainment (see One Piece) I would just kill the dubbers. Who wanna join the Dubbers Slayers Fellowship?

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

Speaking of dub, do any of you know where to get the fandubbed NAruto ep 1? I hear such a thing was released. I want to see how it is.

Signature

AlphaZero

Kira aka Raito

eh? I don't really like dubs so much. It'll be very, very terrible if they do so to Naruto.. imagine the voice of Sasuke, who sounds pretty "cool" in japanese, well at least for me.. :O

Sasuke's voice is relatively easy... any generic, slightly angsty voice would do fine. Itachi would be a bit harder.

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Most likely, I'd go crazy. Naruto is one of my favorite series; if dubbers dare to ruin it (I'm talking to you, 4kids) with their "Americanization" and making it "age appropriate" like they did with Yu-Gi-Oh, I will be incredibly angry, and they will all feel my wrath!

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Well, I don't think that I have to be worring about that, since 'Naruto' will probably never arrive to my country :D . The only way for me to watch it, is to download episodes in japanesse with english lyrics bellow. And even if 'Naruto' would be dubbed, I don't think that I would be intrested in listening to some actors that dubbed it. i would stay with the episodes in the original version with lyrics bellow.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

dubbed!! frea-kay ... I'd go crazy then watch something that ain't dubbed to get it outta me head @.@

Scream like u never screamed before
Scream until u can't scream no more
Scream like ur throat is bleeding
Scream till ur heart stops beating

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Anything that is dubbed is bad news, Starfire lol - that's why I just watch Japanese shows often with the real voices of course - subs are nice indeed, and not distracting to the eyes - but you gotta understand Japanese to get the whole feel, really. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Naruto in English? That would be beautiful.

4Kids has expressed no interest in dubbing and editing Naruto. They've pretty much put a big red "x" on the whole thing.

It'd be pretty nice for a company like Funimation to license it.

i've always hated the dubbed versions :P
i guess i wont watch till it's subbed.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 40 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.