Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 well..another one of my serious questions >.< - Minitokyo

well..another one of my serious questions >.<

page 1 of 1 16 total items

well i've asked some odd questins but i wanna make ya'll think a little deeper >.<' Well to begin a while ago my 18 year old cousin, let's call him david (that's his name >.>') who was dating a 28 year old woman see. let's call her Alexis (also her name) see, they split up because she let what other people think get to her. see they thought he was too young and stuff, he had no problem but she ended up getting them split up because of what others thought. So my question is would you let the age of another person (even if you feel strongly for that person) break you two apart just because of what others think? And would it matter to you personally? like does it bother you even if they are older/younger than you?
(p.s. very sorry if my questions are annoying T_T')

Signature

Ummmmmmm...isn't that illegal? Marrying someone 10 years
in difference? Sure there's some today but that's the older
generation. I think it would be better to split up than to
break the law. If that relationship does abide the rules, by
all means go ahead and have one.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

umm...I OPPOSE!
ahaha but that's only because I"m weird..not sure,any how---
age/gender/society etc..wahtever don't matter ^o^ can't help but falling in love with someone this is just what I think though..=__=''

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Leaf

Leaf

Dreamcatcher

I think it's okay to stay together no matter what people think. And no it';s not illegal to marry someone 10 years difference. That's actually the farthest age difference that you should marry at.. any farther and.. well.. it's kinda.. weird.. but then again I think it shouldn't matter about what other people think and should only matter what you and that person that your with thinks and feels about each other... And your questions aren't annoying. ^^

Signature Image
thanks to wintersrain for the banner

I don't think it's your cousin's physical age that caused the problem, but maturity and life experience -- in this case, the lack of it -- that can open up a gap between two people. I doubt Alexis broke up with him only because of what her friends said. As people get older, the difference in age between them becomes less important because they've experienced many of the same experiences life has to dish out. When you're eighteen, you haven't really experienced much of life yet, so there is little to relate to.

Alexis has had ten years living in the Real World, David maybe not even one. That's a big gulf to overcome, and physical attraction alone won't cut it. Sex will only get you so far, then you have to show there's more to you than your moves on the dance floor, if you know what I mean.

David may not think "he's too young and stuff," but he is to her. She clearly wants someone who brings more to the relationship than talking about the latest rave mix he downloaded or his high score on a Playstation game.

He'll get over it, and he'll find someone who shares more of his interests and has more in common experience-wise with him. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Now, let me clear things up. David has been in the real world longer than you think. He's got no playstation, he's not into Rave Mixes, he doesn't have a computer. He's been working very hard most of his life and you can't think that just because of his age that makes him any different. Not all people of a younger age are inexperienced as some may think. And it was not that they didn't have anything in common or something because 1) they've never done it 2) they always have plenty of things to talk about. So just because he's 18 means nothing..

Signature

Now, let me clear things up. David has been in the real world longer than you think. He's got no playstation, he's not into Rave Mixes, he doesn't have a computer. He's been working very hard most of his life and you can't think that just because of his age that makes him any different. Not all people of a younger age are inexperienced as some may think. And it was not that they didn't have anything in common or something because 1) they've never done it 2) they always have plenty of things to talk about. So just because he's 18 means nothing..

Signature

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

As long as both parties are over 18, I don't think there's anything illegal about their relationship.

But as Miketo said, it's not the age difference that's a problem, age is just a number. It's the maturity and expectations of the people that are the issue. Those who are older (say late-twenties and up) tend to want more stability in their lives and have the future in mind, whereas we younger folk tend to be more concerned about what's going on right now and rarely concern ourselves with the future at all. But that's only a generalization.

If your cousin's as mature as you say he is, then I think it's a shame that they broke up. And if his ex broke up with him because of what other people were saying, then I think that she's got some growing up to do. That or the people around her really didn't know what was going on and just made assumptions. And we all know that when we assume, it makes an "a$s out of U and ME"

No, as long as both are atleast over 18.

Something like this almost happened to me. Except it wasn't an age difference problem in a romantic relationship. It was in 4th grade back when my best friend was a boy, along with all my other friends. (im a girl.) And obviously the other kids would be like "Do you like each other?" "Hahaha what a tomboy!" etc. But I didn't listen to other people. If I did, then I would have lost a bunch of very good friends. :)

Narutofan:

Quote: Not all people of a younger age are inexperienced as some may think.

Reread my response. It's not age that counts, but maturity and the learning that comes from experiencing life. I've known young people who are wise beyond their years, and old people who never grew out of being spoiled brats. Life leaves its imprint on people, and the more they experience life, we say they are more mature than someone who hasn't had those experiences.

David may be a great guy, and to you he's mature and experienced, but he lacks something that Alexis seeks in a relationship. David gets to learn from this, move on to another relationship, and hopefully have a better outcome with the next one. That, Narutofan, is something you nor I can change -- and something that gets tallied into the "life experience" category.

Good luck to you and David.

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

Hmm.. I'm offended... :angry:

Quote by narutofan92Now, let me clear things up. David has been in the real world longer than you think ... he doesn't have a computer.

I have a computer and I'm quite sure I experience the "real" world better than one who dun own a computer.... :hmpf:

But juz ignore me coz I think i'm off topic :nya:

I think not because of what others think, but I must admit that there are undeniable differences between peoples who have an age difference. And those might sometimes get in the way in a matter that it endangers, even ends a relationship.
I've seen it happening with other couples and I have seen and felt differences myself (had a girlfriend who was "just" 7 years younger).
Now I prefer a partner who has more or less the same age. A difference of more than 5 years is too much for me.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

If you truly love someone it just shouldn't matter, as long as it is legal. Marrying someone much older than you is not illegal, unless you are in fact under 18. Then that is just plain sick... If he is 18, then it is most certainly legal.

But I myself am 23 years old, turned that last summer, and my husband is going to turn 33 this winter. That is 9 1/2 years older than I am, and we have had our problems, but we do love each other...and so we work them out. Love is what should matter. My own opinion.

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

Like said before, if they are trully in love, there is no problem.

I really don't care what others think, but then again, there's no way I'm going to be with someone that much older\younger than me to begin with.

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Age differences don't matter. All that matters is that you love each other and society can blow it out their asses XD
I know a couple in which the man is 14 years older than the woman and they're very happy ^_^

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.