Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 JAVA - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

I have a JAVA programming course in the 2nd semester of college... and to say the truth, I don't like it sometimes (it's fun when you must do applets, but making methods and other stuff is frustrating sometimes).

What do you think about it?
Which books do you recommend?
Any JAVA experience?

BZZZZZZZZZZT.

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I have never really done any Java stuff, nor do I really care to. As for a book to recommend I would say "Sams teach yourself Java2 in 21 days", They usually put out good books.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I did two years of JAVA programming in high school (Gr 10 & 11). Though I found it very hard, it was also really fun. Yeah applets and GUI are the best. The worst and stragety interfaces, arrays are kinda iffy and stuff like recursions and error exceptions.... x_X For my course we used a book called "Big Java" written by Cay Horstman. Its a good book with lots of examples..and solutions to programs are online. Only bad thing the order in which the book covers things is sometimes questionable.

Hmmm...considering you posted the post 8 weeks ago..you probably already finished the course...sorry if my post was useless. o.O;;

fujur

KUCUKACHU

I prefer C or Basic programing,
Im trying to get used to Java, but just because of fashion,

check out this book: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

I hope it can help in you methods crisis

Java is a really easy language to learn for beginners. You dont have to worry about memory management which becomes a pain when you use C or C++. It takes a lot of experience greating GUI in Java, but it is not too hard compared to creating GUI for C or C++. In our school we used "Core Java Programming vol 1- fundamentals" It wasnt even a text book, but a book you can find at say Barnes for example. It was easy to follow and I enjoyed using it.

Only prob with Java is sometimes you have to do a lot just to get an output. you gotta catch all these exceptions and write "system.out.println" which becomes annoying.

We had to learn english in our school, too (which isn't too surprising, i'm on a technical gymnasium with profile information technology).
That was a pain in the ass! As I found out, programing isn't the right thing for me :/

JAVA is kinda fun. I have played around with J2SE and J2EE for about 5 months. But with the 6 years of C and C++ under my belt java was simple to use. I find it really nice with the memory management so i dont' have worry about the correct format of the destructor and mess up my entire algorithm. Also i find it really easy to utilize multithread programs to speed everything up. Working with mutlithreads in c++ was a bitch. The memory sharing in java is really nice to make things easier. I find it really hard to find a good language specific teaching manual. My best profs used language neutral books and then gave us a second book that was purely reference. So once we learned what the logic was we needed, all we had to do was look up anythign we didn't understand how to do in java, or c, c++, perl, lisp, php, c# what have you.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.