Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Preferred method of extraction? - Minitokyo

Preferred method of extraction?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Excuse me if there's already a topic on this, but I searched the forums, and no such luck..but if I did miss it, sorry!

But yeah, I was wondering...how do you guys go about extracting images? Lots of the magnetic tool and quick mask? Or maybe the almight pen tool? I keep hearing that the pen tool is the best way to go about it, but it frusterates me so much, so I decided to check out what's the best/preferred way to go about it!

Thanks in advance for your replies, and sorry if this post is closed!

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I use the polygonal lasso tool XD Works for me ^_^

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

Mou, I use Paint Shop Pro 7, but I use the lasso tool, then soften the edges either with fluff or eraser brush. ><;;

Signature

urdchan

goddess of fate

With Photoshop 7, I use several different methods - it depends on what type of image I am working on. Geernally, I will use one of the lasso tools (usually rectangular) to make a first pass at the image. Then I will lift it out onto a new canvas as a new layer and use a mixture of the eraser and magic wand tools. Finally, I will use the eraser at 1-5 pixel size and finish off the work.

I tend to go for sharp edges, though, so I don't use many tools that "soften" the image edges.

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

With simple backgrouds I usually go with the wand tool, and then the eraser to try to smooth the edges.. but most of the time, I use the extract tool and then the history/eraser combo to fix wathever I did wrong >_<

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Yay! What a variety of answers! But how do you do curves with the polygonal tool, zephy? Hmmm..

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.