Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime World Disaster!! - Minitokyo

Anime World Disaster!!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Okay, I received this news from AnimeOtaku so all credits goes to Blaen for bring to us the terrible news. So I bet your wondering what exactly this bad news is. Well here it is >_< :

These are his Words

Quote: We might have no more anime very soon

Well, as you know, our anime eps are supplied by generous Fan-sub groups who in themselves ask for no money in exchange for their generous services. They have existed under the radar of Japanese copy rights or should we more accurately say, the fansubbing business was largely ignored.

However, this might be changing soon! A new Copyright Bill (HR2391) passed in the good old USA will most probably kill the Fansubbing industry

Quote: Originally Posted by Bastards
The Senate might vote on HR2391, the Intellectual Property Protection Act, a comprehensive bill that opponents charge could make many users of peer-to-peer networks, digital-music players and other products criminally liable for copyright infringement.

What does it mean? It means that Fansub distrabutors won't have the protection of Japanese copy-right laws anymore and that the American attorney General will be liable to persecute all those guilty of copyright infringements (bastards).

The article was aptly named...

Quote:
Senate May Ram Copyright Bill !

Yep....ram it down everyone's throat which might leave us with no anime to watch. Well, I suppose you could bye English Dubs but who the hell wan't to listen to a Brittany Spear's wannabe . Everybody in Hollywood should be shot as I have ample justification to believe that lots of money and ***-licking exchanged hands during the "Ramming" of this copy-right Bill.

What a f***** disaster . Of course we all could start learning japanese and watch raws

I can’t believe it myself, but the real document can be found on this website :
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,65704,00.html
BOOO damn those Amercan politicians >_>

This isn't happening! This is certainly a disaster! What are we goin to do if this really happen!?

Time could never reverse itself. so don't do anything you will regret. If you happen to do something you regret.......then blame yourself for doing it......

missheru

Iron Maiden Girl

With US companies buying titles as fast as they are and relesing them at an equal rate I hardly see why the crying over waiting what a year? 2? to see a popular anime.

Besides, who really didn't see a law of that nature coming? If you want to pull it that way it starts to dig at the ethic of fansubs and how many people have just the fansubs of the HK boots instead of buying the "official" release. And if I hear one more word about how the US companies are pirates and charge too much I'll tell you to pick up a real region 2 Japanese DVD and count how many episodes you get for 5,000 yen. Normally that would be 2 episodes for 50$

As a child I was told one day you will grow out of cartoons. That might have been true if my cartoons hadn't grown up as well.

Nah, fansubs never die ^^;;; especially when they stay in asian countries, where copyright law is hard to enforce

Hmm aren't some fansubs based not in the US?
Like those Chinese fansubbers for One Piece who are way ahead of K-F in terms of episodes

The protection of Japanese copy-right laws? What does this mean? Fansubbers have 0 protection as it is right now...... Technically (debateably) what they are doing "now" is already illegal. I don't see, from what has been posted above, how this will change anything in the current fansub community. If people are fansubbing US licensed product and distributing it in the US, it's illegal. If they are fansubbing Japanese licensed products and distributing it in the us... it's still not really legal, but US companies have no authority (or reason) to go after these people and Japanese companies haven't shown any desire to either... so where's the big change?

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I agree with DarkParagon. Fan-subs won't change much... I think that they'll just crack down on the distribution of MP3s and possibly American TV shows...

I'm Canadian and I wonder how much this American law will affect me...?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by Terra-chanI agree with DarkParagon. Fan-subs won't change much... I think that they'll just crack down on the distribution of MP3s and possibly American TV shows...
I'm Canadian and I wonder how much this American law will affect me...?

Yeah, me too...If politicians have nothing more important to worry about than fansub groups, they're not doing their jobs now are they? ^_^'

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.