Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deleted Scans - Minitokyo

Deleted Scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

A few weeks ago a mod deleted one of my own personal scans (In the Kitchen), and I got a PM from BotChii saying it was a dupe and mine was lower quality. When I went to look, the scan that took priority over mine was actually significantly smaller (~1200x900 compared to my ~2300x1700, sorry, I don't remember exactly...). The only thing I can think is that mine had a halftone pattern and the small one didn't.
Then a few days after, that scan disappeared, so I plan to resubmit mine when I have time to rescan it.
The first time it happened, I wrote it off as a mistake, but this week it's happened again twice (but these times with scans from APA, which I credited), and I'm really curious why.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I didn't delete them. I have been really lazy on the reports. We'll ask in the IRC channel though.

Resubmit it and PM me when you do :)

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Wasnt me either, i just woke up 5mins ago XD

Signature

Same case mine....... Who evaluate the scans or the wallpapers????.......i think he or she not have enough experience .....to delete ones.......rules ???..... What rules???....... I saw other scans and its ok but mine deletion........my last wallpaper WORK OUT ...Botchii and biriwilg say that its a copy......A copy??? i never copy any wallpaper.....thats its incorrect information....look first ... ya ....sorry for my english

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

Me too! Some of my earlier Rg Veda scans were deleted because it was a double. But when I looked, my scans weren't any worse, and mine had the whole pic too, not just a half. So, in those cases, would the mods keep both or delete the smaller one or delete the half or what? I'm not saying it's wrong, but when pics are already 2000 X 2000 or something like that, bigger isn't always better......... :\ But, that's just my opinion.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i handle reports in respect to prioties in order from quality, and then to date when dealing with duplicates. what i delete, i make sure it is 100% inferior/superior to previously posted work by hunting down the image and comparing it via size, quality, and date. sometimes, a scan can be smaller than the other, but still be higher quality in comparison to the slightly bigger one. if that's the case, this is the reason why your scan was deleted. the dimension size of the scan does not gurantee that it is of a higher quality and therefore also havs a chance of being deleted if the work being compared has better color saturation and such. in addition, if the one of the scan has text but is of higher size, whereasin the smaller one has no text, the smaller one will be chosen if the difference is around 300x300px depending on the raw net size of the image.

in subject of splitted images, i usually keep the one that's splitted over the one that's been stiched over, just becaues it allows the image size of the individual image to be bigger unless stiching over is crucial in completion of a scan; it alternates between the personality of the moderator.

i hope i made sense. let me know of futhur questions.

www.geocities.com/jesuiscourante/bosomy.jpg
that is my deleted scan, it was not a double anyway and has nothing to do with the given reasons from automatic message, which was a little obscure that I couldn't know where the problem was. Would you be kind enough to tell me what caused the deletion and how should I improve? thx

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

The only scan where i complain is "Fierce Ranma"....was deleted because double and lower quality....but after checked...mine has a better quality...as resolution and visual impact....and a better source too......

sterfish

Some Dude

Quote by arabesquezalmonwww.geocities.com/jesuiscourante/bosomy.jpg
that is my deleted scan, it was not a double anyway and has nothing to
do with the given reasons from automatic message, which was a little
obscure that I couldn't know where the problem was. Would you be kind
enough to tell me what caused the deletion and how should I improve?
thx

Your situation is similar to mine. I had a scan deleted and as far as I can tell, it isn't a double. I wonder if an image can be deleted if it is too similar to another image. My image was composed in a way similar to another image, but there were clear differences.

www.geocities.com/jesuiscourante/bosomy.jpg
my scan wasn't even similar to any other posts.
i hope concrete problem can be pointed out so that i can improve on my posts.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

scan quality sucks; the outline of the girl character is very fady and thin, and there are numerous amount of artifacts that can be seen in her hair and the plant behind her. the scan is also blurry, which can be see by the hair that falls on her collarbone, which is very indistinctive and pixelated.

the way we delete by quality is that "if it cant be used into making a goodwallpaper, then delete it" policy.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I do alot of reporting for scans and I try to throughly go through them. Marissa I know you've got some very high quality scans...but I have seen some that....well have been beaten out by others to say the least....though that was awhile ago so I can't really say that recently I've seen anything. I must agree with sammo here.

Decided for yourself. Make sure you think the scan is perfect and if it gets deleted, look around to see if there isn't another around there and check it out. I find it way too often that people do NOT browse the gallery to see if something is submitted. Though I only handle duplicate scans usually.

Marissa this doesn't apply to you since your an elite and you know whats goin' on. This is just a reminder to all the others out there. Listen to Sammo, he knows what hes talking about. Thanks.

Signature Image

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

"it wasnt me" by shaggy anyone remembers? :D

But still resubmit the scan and PM the admin - thats a good choice i think :)

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

(posting here because I don't want to spam the forum with another 'image deleted' thread)
A few hours ago a wallpaper I submitted (title "rozen maiden") was deleted because of insufficent quality. It would be nice to know for what reason this was done, because I want to improove it and resubmit it, but since I don't know what exacty was the point for deleting it... A comment on this would be nice.
You can find a copy of the wallpaper here: http://www.defi1.de/files/anime/rm_wall.jpg

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

All submitted material must have a certain degree of quality, which is unconditionally decided by the Gallery Directors. This does not include 'filter-whore' wallpapers, one-color or very simplistic wallpapers, or screenshots, modified or not.

this is to meister .
do u break any of the policy ?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

well like jackal said
wallpaper are rarely to be deleted because of quality
so it must be something else that causes the wallpaper to be deleted

If I had been able to find the reason in the policys, I would not have asked... :-/

The point is: I don't want to make the error I made with this picture again.

Quote by sammoscan quality sucks; the outline of the girl character is very fady and
thin, and there are numerous amount of artifacts that can be seen in
her hair and the plant behind her. the scan is also blurry, which can
be see by the hair that falls on her collarbone, which is very
indistinctive and pixelated.
the way we delete by quality is that "if it cant be used into making a
goodwallpaper, then delete it" policy.

That's penetrating enough of you, yet I don't believe a scan from the artbook could be problematic to that degree. Not my "scan" anyway and I apologize if I submitted a resized game cg inadvertently. I shall improve on my posts afterwards. THX

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by meisterIf I had been able to find the reason in the policys, I would not have asked... :-/

The point is: I don't want to make the error I made with this picture again.

well ya just hafta pm the mod or sumthing
since they're the only who knew what the reason is =/

Led

Devilet's Good Twin XD

Yes my new wallpaper girl on the moon was deleted because it was either too blurry. But i dont understand this. I think so it is, its okey. I have worked really long on it. And it make me angry when a work deleted with a so silly reason. Sorry but this is my opiniom. Minitokyo says you must be creative and dont use wallpapers from other people. Than you make this.. you think all is fine and good and a lot of people wrote nice comments on it and made it to their fav...and the next day it was deleted. This is really badly for someone.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by LedYes my new wallpaper girl on the moon was deleted because it was either
too blurry. But i dont understand this. I think so it is, its okey. I
have worked really long on it. And it make me angry when a work deleted
with a so silly reason. Sorry but this is my opiniom. Minitokyo says
you must be creative and dont use wallpapers from other people. Than
you make this.. you think all is fine and good and a lot of people
wrote nice comments on it and made it to their fav...and the next day
it was deleted. This is really badly for someone.

I wonder who had been doing this
I mean wallpaper that were made by someone cant be deleted becuase they're low on quality.
if its a rip yah sure, I'd understand. but it aint.
its just aint fair. =/

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by LedYes my new wallpaper girl on the moon was deleted because it was either
too blurry. But i dont understand this. I think so it is, its okey. I
have worked really long on it. And it make me angry when a work deleted
with a so silly reason. Sorry but this is my opiniom. Minitokyo says
you must be creative and dont use wallpapers from other people. Than
you make this.. you think all is fine and good and a lot of people
wrote nice comments on it and made it to their fav...and the next day
it was deleted. This is really badly for someone.

I see that you've re-submitted the wallpaper..
I think the mods deleted the previous wallie, because they had mistaken it with
http://img44.exs.cx/img44/594/girl_877.th.jpg
That one....

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.