Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Evangelion Endings - Minitokyo

Evangelion Endings

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

What do you think of the endings for Neon Genesis Evangelion? Do you prefer the original series ending or the one in End of Evangelion.
I see it in two different ways:

One. The series ending is higly abstract but since the series central character is Shinji Ikari i guess it's right to have him able to overcome his troubles and find a purpose in life, no longer trapped in his lonely world.

Two. The End of Evangelion ending gives an apocalyptic end to humanity as we know it. This ending left me rather cold, by depicting an empty silent world. On the other hand the human race is in such a state maybe the solution is to end it altogether and start anew.

What do you think?

I see the series ending as the more opimistic happy ending. I prefer that one in that it's not as sad/depressing.

The EoE ending seems more fitting with the series in general.

"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. Indeed, people must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts. "

-Boris Yeltsin

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

i prefer the ori-series ending
though
in the End of evangelion
it explain the detailed part

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I like End Of Evangelion better...
It's so twisted depressing, I love it XD
And you can't really understand eps 25 & 26 unless you've watched EOE first ^_^

TemplarKnight

DVAE FACIES

I go with the tv series ending the best. So the panzy shinji gest over his cry baby problem once and for all. The end of evagelion ending was sorta disturbing. Actually the whole thinng was disturbing. Yeah i know the symbolism is very strong in it but cmon so giant rei with her head being severed and shit. Not to mention the lance of longinus going right through here eye. Its like the guys down in gainax were on crack. Though i did like the fight scene were asuka actually got out of desolate state and came back figthing strong.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Of the 2, I also go with the way the TV series ended. Shinji is finally able to accept himself and those in his life. The movie ending was kinda cool in a morbid way, but wasn't something I was into. I'll just wait and see how the manga will end. Only up to volume 4, and although it's the same in general, there are certain events that only take place in the manga, not to mention there's more characterisation.

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

I've watched the TV series but never got the chance to catch the End of Eva but after reading synopsis and faqs (i recommend this faq http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq2.html), I thought that both endings of Eva were incredible and were complementary of one another. My opinion is that both endings are great and that if you watch one ending without watching the other, you would miss out a great deal on the story.

On a deeper thought, I was thinking that the entire Eva story on the human complementary project is an extreme way to change how people live and like what shinji felt, is a form of escapism from reality. I think the story succintly captured the inter-personal conflicts that exist within human society and that pain/rejection adds an interesting dimension to reality. But the part that i dun understand is that with the tremendous success of the eva series, why dun animators in japan create more of such genre...

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

i like the fight with asuka and the other evas in eoe
but i like the original because not everyone dies

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Claude

15th Division Taichou

some ppl may not like the ending of EoE cuz it's so tragic and all, but i think i prefer it cuz it wraps up the story and shows lilith's purpose in detail. the original ending was jus confusing...but then again at least in tat ending Misato didnt die >.<

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

N2Heiki

N2Heiki

Devil Bats' Quarterback

Quote by jackalx66i prefer the ori-series ending though in the End of evangelion it explain the detailed part

Yup I agree. And the thing that makes me like the tv series ending better: I can see Rei being talkative (she's so cute with that kind of voice).

Signature
HiruMamo!!! Yaaaa- Haaaa-

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.