Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mai HimE starting to suck - Minitokyo

Mai HimE starting to suck

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

Is it just me, or is Mai HimE getting progessively worse? I feel that the plot is really going no where, and they really haven't explained much in the show. I feel as if all the episodes so far are all fillers, and that they are seriously leaving out explanations of important characters and plot. It's as if every episode is the same, and they do feel all the same. Aside from that, I find the characters getting progressively annoying too. They're not really developing to be interesting at all, and there's really no distinct conflict in any of them. Don't get me wrong, I thought the show started off decent, it was interesting and entertaining, but now, it's really going no where. And with 6 episodes left, I wonder how much they can really cram story in. And the next episode, episode 8, looks like nothing new is being introduced in terms of plot , just the same old filler. Anyone else feeling this way about this show?

Signature Image

ahah its gonna pull a girls bravo i say.....

Well ... at the 8th episode you can't say much about what's going to be next ... but sure it looks like the plot isn't going anywhere ... well ... at least there were some funny episodes ... I'm pretty sure it will be more "serious" somewhere like the 10th episode ...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by crapmonsterahah its gonna pull a girls bravo i say.....

Big time, unless they don't change themselves around I'm gonna be VERY dissapointed in the series. Though they can't offend me as bad as Girls Bravo did where we had blondie goin' after a girl that looks like shes ten years old or younger that goes "Nyu" wearing nothing but a white shirt. Wow...... Anyways its really sad to see, I had such high hopes for this anime and after awhile it just became where I would pray that the next episode I watch doesn't turn into what GB had for it.

Signature Image

It seem to be a slow serie and I don't really see the story for now. Hope it will be better in next episode :)

What's wrong with Girls Bravo...?? I think its a great show :o

Girls Bravo ? Nah, it just some bath scene and that's all.

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

I think I've been patient enough for 7 episodes dod13. That's more than halfway through the show, how can one expect to be more patient after the show is more than halway through and nothing has happened. I still have some amount of faith in the show as in hopefully in the next couple of episodes it will get better. But from the outlook of it, it's really going no where.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by dod13Amazing how impatient people can get.Just wait for it.

What exactly am I waiting for? Please let me know cause I'm a bit curious. Plus I think Undying explains it all. Theres really nothing else to say other than the series isn't doing a damn thing right now. Which is NOT good, even with improvising.

Quote by waruiWhat's wrong with Girls Bravo...?? I think its a great show :o

Well if your like me and enjoy an anime that has an actual plot and doesn't physically abuse the main character or commit acts that would be considered in the states as "Behavior of a sex offender" then yeah. It was a good anime until it stopped making sense. Hell the anime didn't even really have a plot after awhile, it would of been fine if it was about Miharu trying to find a way back to her homeworld, but she could easily come and go through the bath tub. It just became about random stupid crap after awhile that, no matter at what age, I would never find funny.

Quote by alucard242Girls Bravo ? Nah, it just some bath scene and that's all.

Sorry, but you have never seen the show if you just say that. The show was alot more than that. I highly recommend downloading BitTorrent and DivX and downloading Girls Bravo so you can get an actual idea. I can give you the links too.

Back to on subject, its simple. Mai HiME just doesn't have a plotline anymore. Nor do I see any signs of a developing one, unless they pull one out of a hat or something. The show really isn't going anywhere, it has nothing to do with being impatient. Its about watching something that actually has a point to it. I'm VERY far from impatient with things in life, so I really don't see how that has to do with a show struggling.

Signature Image

I think that there's nothing really wrong with Mai Hime at all. Like what dod13 says, just wait. There might be a surprising twist to the story!

Time could never reverse itself. so don't do anything you will regret. If you happen to do something you regret.......then blame yourself for doing it......

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

lol wow cyanide, you pretty much covered all I wanted to say. And what you said is all correct. Lol thanks for saving me some time.

Signature Image

i still am optimistic about mai-hime, but as every episode comes out, and a story line still does not develop, i wonder how are they gonna make a story line if theres only 13 episodes.

Well, considering it looks like its based off a dating sim or a fighting dating sim, I didn't really expect greatness from it, so that's probably why I don't think its getting progressively worse. I just think its cute...but then again I've only seen the first four episodes. ><

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by hisaWell, considering it looks like its based off a dating sim or a fighting dating sim, I didn't really expect greatness from it, so that's probably why I don't think its getting progressively worse. I just think its cute...but then again I've only seen the first four episodes. &gt;&lt;

Sad thing, I did some searching to see if that was the case...... No one I've talked to has heard of it as a Dating sim or fighting dating sim. Which I was really hoping for cause that would explain the lack of plot... but nope... Nadda. Considering that one of the old forums I still post at specializes in knowing every damn dating style game out there @_@.....Anyways yeah......I'm really scared to watch the next episode cause I know if there is no plot I will never watch the anime again..

But to be honest yes, it does act like its got a dating sim basis. But no one I've talked to has heard of it before....So unless its not well known (though that would defeat why it was made into an anime then) then I really don't know.

Also Hisa, it starts to tumble from episode five onward. Well did for me anyways. It was cute....and pretty decent too until.....yeah I don't even wanna talk about it cause it pisses me off @_@ I'm so sick of seeing this happen in anime series. Alot of good shows get ruined like this and its just ugh! *Smashes things*.

No problem Undying. =P the point isn't about being impaitent and I really don't see where that comes in. No reason someone needs to improv for an anime that has 13 episodes, thats just plain pathetic.

Signature Image

IMHO it started to suck after that stupid eps 4.

It's getting pretty bad, I think.

Could just be me, but when I see a bunch of fan service my expectations of an anime falls through the floor and I'm pretty much ready to accept whatever they throw at me. I'm just pretty much for getting to know the girls and the their personalities. I'm not expecting a plot from this. Only reason I even d/led it was because the trailer looked dating sims/RPG-ish, and I thought the girls were cute. :/ And I thought I read it was based off a video game somewhere. Only thing about the series that I was looking forward to was watching the characters develop their powers. Like Natsuki has Duran and that other chick has that really big sword.

-_-;; Then again I pretty much let my expectations drop for anything with pretty girls in it because it usually turns out to be ecchi. This is why I usually watch Shounen stuff.

Too much fan service kills anybody's expectations when they're looking for a good storyline and plot.
Many of Anime killed my following because all I saw was titties and ass.
Now, to a young kid who likes to play with his dick at night and doesn't have a girlfriend, yes, they will love it.
But for people like me, who want a storyline and character development, that shit gets old really fast.
That's why I'm sticking with Naruto and Monster for the time being.
Full Metal Alchemist was a part of that list, but it ended a while ago.
Speaking of dating sims, have you seen Final Approach?
Very cute and very funny.
They switch the character drawing to some of those little dolls in some sequences.
It's great.

Signature

Fanservice kind of makes me think `okay its going to ride on pretty things so just forget about the story`. If the story is actually good, well then that's an added plus, and an unexpected surprise!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I've actually been enjoying Mai HiME and I'm really looking forward to Ep 8 (I seriously think Takumi's roommate is actually a girl... I mean... look at that chest! How can no one notice that? She's got more chest than Mikoto!)

I like this series because it's silly... I think that it has enough plot to keep me interested in knowing more and keep watching the show and a whole lot of fun... Though I'm not fond of everyone turning out to be a HiME... it makes it seem less... special... I just hope that it has some sort of conclusion at the end of the series... I hate it when a lot is left unresolved...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

LOL, I thought it was a guy until my friend told me it was a guy xD and everyone has more boobage than Mikoto, but she's still the cutest u_u

zefiroN

zefiroN

>______<

Well i just watched ep8 and i think it was brilliant.
i just love those scenes when they call out their "oufans" and the music changes and all.

its true that it lacks a decent storyline but nevertheless, i love this show.. ;D

Signature

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

That is normal, we seldom have anime that can keep the quality through the whole season.
As I remember, only Full Metal Panic can keep the drawing quality constant

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I think episode 8 redeems what most people have been complaining about... Episode 8 is a "Plot thickens" episode.

I love it when the Plot thickens... which is probably why Gankutsuou makes me come back for more... the plot thickens there at least twice an episode...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.