Computer Names

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 130 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I was just wondering what is the name of your computer(s)? Why did you give it that name? Are there any other names you'd consider calling future computers?

My laptop is named "Omoide no Tabi" which can be understood as meaning "Journey of Memories" I call my computer Omoide for short though and was inspired to call him that because I love the concept of memories and I love the Ranma 1/2 theme song "Omoide ga Ippai"

I've currently decided to name any desktop that I may end up owning as "Izumi" but I want to give it a title too... but I haven't decided on what to tag onto it because Izumi means "Fountain"

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Cancel

My computer is called Morning Star. Morning Star is, as you might know, one of the lovely characters of M. Shirow. My computer is a completely hand-tuned machine and it has a beautiful print out and a watch of Morning Star built in.

My other computer, an old machine which I use for tests and installations of new and old stuff is called Evening Star. In astrology, the morning and evening star are the same planet : Venus. So the link was quickly made.
I will finish tuning that machine some day too. For now, it's just constructed in a box :-)

• Nov 20, 2004

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

My laptop (Sony VAIO pcg-k21b) is named Mizuho. Named after Kazami Mizuho in Please Teacher! :)

• Nov 20, 2004
Cancel

I'm not crazy enough to give a name to my computer ^^

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Cancel

My Laptop is Sakuya, no real reason for it, I just like the name. My desktop is Kitsune meaning fox, since foxes are cool to me.

Chibi-Ame

Mada Mada Dane

Cancel

I have never thought of giving name to my computer o.o

• Nov 20, 2004

frunty

frunty

Expatriate

Cancel

My main computer's network name is Suguru, and my anime server is Jin. :)

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Cancel

I haven't name our computer yet but i named it Kasumi and the anime server is Kenshin.

• Nov 20, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I think naming your computer really makes a computer your own... I never named my parents computer because it wasn't mine, but when I got my own, I had to personalize it. And if you're going to have several computers it makes it easier to identify them... and if they're networked together, they need names to be identified within the network....

My laptop is networked with my brother's Desktop. My brother does not consider his computer as named "Poz" which is it's network name, but his computer is still identified as "Poz"

I actually have a rather romantic view of computer names from the online comic Tsunami Channel that has a computer personality come-to-life (The computer is named Tsunami) so I like having a named computer for a few reasons...

Signature

Cancel

My computers hostnames are:
aoife (desktop)
clotho (DNS and other network services)
molly (heavy lifting server)
gate (firewall)
maya (netbooting recovery system)

I have too many computers :)

• Nov 20, 2004

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

wew
my comp name after my nick
jackal

my second comp named yuna

*i loves jackal*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Cancel

My main computer is named "God's computer" (and it's like that on my local server. xD) And my linux server's name is "The Fourth Choir".

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Cancel

Nope, no naming of the computer here. It's still has the name the factory gave it. so its something like idk1002394comp

• Nov 20, 2004

diablic

diablic

diablic

Cancel

'ohayo' everyone
i give cpu name 'kurokaze',
but my second cpu name 'altron' but that isn’t altron from "gundam w" o_0'
http://nintendogen.free.fr/ftp/images/smiles/nuke.gif <---- real power of altron

:) :)

Cancel

I don't name my computers.

Signature Image

• Nov 21, 2004
Cancel

Name of my comp is mag..... XD
= sorcerer - in English :)

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Cancel

woah
u guys name your pc???

o.0

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Yes.... and if You're a Geek-in-Training you must join us! JOIN US!

Signature

Cancel

It's strange, but most of people give their machine(s) a name, but I know someone who gave his car a name too :-))) And thàt seems freakish to me hehehe (giving computers a name isn't).
Imagine that you start to give all your things a name. "This is my television. It's called Sandy. Oh, and there's the hifi, say Hi to Sam the hifi, etc etc etc". LOL

• Nov 21, 2004

NerdyPenguin

NerdyPenguin

Smarter than the average penguin

Cancel

Quote by Khrisswoah
u guys name your pc???

o.0

All good geeks name their computers. Especially in todays age of network computers, where *all* computers have names; its just that most people keep the default (and boring) name "workstation".

Anyways, my computer is named ratatosk. In Norse mythology, Ratatosk is the squirrel that runs up and down the World Tree Yggdrasil trading messages between the eagle perched at its top and the dragon Nidhogg gnawing at the roots below.

"...one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs."
-- Robert Firth

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a
thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually
turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Nov 21, 2004

Mew

Mew

sweet girl

Cancel

mines cileit or something..... dont knwo why -shrug- father named it^^

Signature Image

mateusz

mateusz

..nn..

Cancel

My computer is simply called "she" or "girlfriend"... but i have one in real, too :D

"I know I'm dead before my time
I know it's coming down
If you could only see what's right
You'd see what's coming 'round"

(text by fuel - quarter)

• Nov 21, 2004

Story-Weaver

Story-Weaver

Another story begins...

Cancel

My computer is called Dreamer.
This is because - well it sounds a little weird - but I'm Story Weaver therefore the place where I weave stories (aka "do stuff") must be a place of dreams....

Hey, I'm working on it! ;)

[EDIT] Hey mateusz! I just noticed that your "title" is Dreamer. But who copied who....? ;) (Should that be whom? I can't speak english, let alone japanese)

See my web page! Or my blog.

jadenite

Kawaii Girl

Cancel

The main computer is called Dawn (Lisner fan), the second computer is called Tedra(not sure where that came from), and the laptop is Etna (Disgaea looks cool).

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun. - Ash, Army of Darkness

Groups: Ecchi Club, Onetea

• Nov 21, 2004

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 130 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.