Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Computer Names - Minitokyo

Computer Names

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 130 total items

TanKilleR

TanKilleR

Manga Fanatic

For same,you all are nameing your PC's now :hmpf: I named mine tankbot, only so when I go to do server settings in my server next to me, I know the name. Quick and easy. Maby I'll spry paint my PC pink,giver her a bow on top and take her to dinner :D

Well,maby not XD

FireOfAnubis

On Fire!!

Ive never called my Computer something just the Hard drives. :hmpf: .....kasumi = my documents and stuff.....Ayane = Games :sweat:

"Life....Death....Either way we will all be confined to a small box"

Asahi

Asahi

gone

my personal computer havent a name. :hmpf:

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

My computer's name is Sei-chan. Named after Seishirou from Tokyo Babylon and X.
It was partly my friends idea, we have a thing about naming our computers and other electrical things after evil anime characters.
Her computer is called Legato, and her CD player is called Midvalley (both from Trigun)

I name mine Sei-chan because not only is he a favourite character of mine, but my computer behaves a lot like him too.
Playing games with my head, crashing aduptly, being evil,... etc.

shirobane

shirobane

Shiroi Hane

The three networked computers in my house are called Yuggoth, Shaggai and Yggdrasil - for no terribly good reason (I've never read Lovecraft but came across Yuggoth and Shaggai through Digimon Tamers. Yggdrasil was in my mind when the new laptop arrived this week as the word popped up in Mai Hime and it seemed to fit with the others)

Alienware Workstation = Bobafett
Old Dell Precision = Luke
Dell Latitude Laptop = HanSolo
IBM File Server = Yoda
ARM Laptop #1 (Linux) = 3cpo
arm Laptop #2 (FreeBSD) = r2d2

i try and name them according to the computer's attributes ^^ Like the Latitude is "mobile" so it is HanSolo because he's sorta a free-loading traveler in space, and Yoda is the all-knowing fileserver, and Bobafett, well, he's just a bad-ass (Luke is also a bad-ass, but in a more refined kinda way... the force is hidden DEEP inside himself).

Right now, I'm trying out a more Crest of the Stars theme... I've renamed the Alienware "Gosroth"... dunno if I have the energy to continue with an entire scheme tho....

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I have like 40 computers, but my mainline units are:

Thinkpad 600E - have-blue (former "shortbus")
Thinkpad 600E = sumomo
pentium - originalfire
pentium 3 - epiphyte
Athlon - enoch (former "tirpitz", former "confusion")
Athlon - puddleglum
dual Pentium Pro - kos-mos
dual Pentium II - axis
dual Pentium II - allies
router - chakotay
Pentium 4 - Me Pot o' Gold
Athlon - SenorSiesta
Athlon - upstairs

I've started naming schemes according to processor type, but I've run into some issues in that I'm sharing a network with my wife and brothers in law, so I can't name everything myself.

I am invincible!

synkr0nized

crimson angel

Arrakis, whose drives are Harkonnen, Atreides, and Corrino.
Omoikane, whose drive is just Main System.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

I named my computer reality I think couse I was just so happy I got it, it finally became reality XD.
anyway it asked for a name during the installation so had to make up somethin quickly

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

My Computer is named Executor... for the super star destroyer... esb.. was a Star Wars Geek Before an Otaku... my laptop is black 1... yeah i continue the Star Wars motif all around...

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

Quote by alucard242
I'm not crazy enough to give a name to my computer ^^

<= same here;p

the name of my computer is jeff. i named it after myself because i didnt want to think of a name because im lazy

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Quote by Chibi-AmeI have never thought of giving name to my computer o.o

Me, too! Um...how about to give it the name "Bakatool" from the time I often call it names when I have problems like not to be able to connect my modem? Nyahahahahaha! XD XD XD

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

So many names!
My PIII is named Haruko, my PII was named Shinobu, my brother changed it's name when he got it, don't know what it is now, my amd64 is named Gally and, my dedicated server is named Darkholme.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

"mosquito"

sry for didn't come. Now, thk for coming to my page or c my work.
Hope everyone's fine and happy.

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

my laptop is called Hrusha, after a pig character from the children's program that i grew up with. In my first language hrukat means to speak like a pig and that's what the noise that my computer makes reminds me of.
My desktop doesn't have a name, it is generally referred to as you-bitch or you-whore because it is very slow and it's been virus infested for as long as i remember.

i tend not to worry about a name. but if i did... it would be Milev. cant really say why just sounds right. :p

dyonaisys (variation of the god of wine and fertility) -- Linux box
SpinCycle -- downloading box/file server (my oldschool gaming name)
kaorusama -- my newer gaming box

St-Seiya

St-Seiya

~ Athena no Saint ~

My computer name is Pegasus

For those who don't name your computer, how your computer are called then ? You have to name them if you want to recognize them in your local network ! (Only if you have a pan though...)

Well, you can use IP adress but using the name is more convivial ;)

By the way, do you give names to your hard drives ? heh

What kind of Devil's fruit would you eat ? http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10719/
What do you think of P2P : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10645/
Ninjai the little ninja : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10602/

My computer is "Johnny 5" at the moment. I don't name my HDD's, well at least not these ones, my old ones were named after the Eva MAGI system (Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar). I have a friend who names his after Roman Emperors ;)

this computer is Slowmo
my laptop is Navi
and
the computer I'm building is called Asuka, but she isn't born yet -_-

joelawawaw

joelawawaw

boy to the world

mine's called edna, after edna mode, of the incredibles.

When all that you wanted, and all that you had don't seem so much, for you to hold on to... for you to hold on to...

for you to belong to...

Signature

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

I called my old comp Zaku. Why? 'Cuz it looked cool, but it served as cannon fodder. My new comp is named gw-9800 which is the Gundam Airmaster's serial number in Gundam X.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

I love Lain so much I named mine Navi...

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 130 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.