Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as "anime"?? - Minitokyo

Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as "anime"??

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 81 total items

As far as I know the word amime was, initially, simply the abbreviation of "animation" given by Japonais yet subsequently it became utterly the proper noun for animations from Japon, hence the word "anime" should be used on Japon works exclusively...... ??correct me if I mistake.
Yet there are always people who categorise works such as, most commonly, Winnie the Pooh as "anime"-- is that proper?

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Winnie the Pooh doesn't suit in the anime category, IMo...
but Powerpuff Girls is another thing XD rofl...
well, it's true that the term 'Anime' refers to Japanese cartoon animation, just like what you defined..

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I guess considering it means animation, Pooh and gang would be an 'anime' but it really isn't when u look at the standard/common referance to meaning.

*grabs head in hand*No, please no... *cringe*

Joke aside, although it is true that the term "anime" is an abbreviation of the word "animation", it is commonly used in reference to animation work from Japan, although there are some US work which are also classified within it. However, these tend to be work done either by modifying an existing Japanese animation (scribe and such), or just due to artwork similarity. Personally, to me, the "feel" I get from watching a cartoon and an anime is quite different, due to culture and preference, US cartoon's storyline and Japan anime's are also quite different in nature. I can't quite explain it really. but I just feel that its different really.

Kurosawa

Kurosawa

>_> nah,you fail ._.

yeah.. like the Korgie said .. winne the pooh isn't an anime ^^

what ever!

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

no
there's a diff between cartoon and anime ^^
can't categorized as same section
though
now it's kinda hard to tell the diff between them

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Of course not. In my opinion, anime is animation that comes from Japan and Winnie the Pooh isn't Japanese as far as I know....so why the heck would it have to be considered as anime ?

Signature Image

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hahaha... it might be an animation, but it damn sure ain't no anime... it's about some yellow ugly bear man... haha, no way... winnie can go and poo somewhere else.... XD

Signature

Winnie the poo oh heck no, Hate that anooying series, Anime has better quality and more intellgent plot and develplment overall.

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

There's no character development whatsoever in Winnie the Pooh and there's no real story-line either. Those two aspects are the reason japanese animation took the world by storm, so Winnie the Pooh is not an anime. It's a cartoon aimed at a youger audience.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Technicaly, any animation is anime. Even though I don't like admiting it myself, this is how the japanese describe it.

As a fan though, it is definitely not as good as the "anime" we refer to.

Quote by nothingspecialTechnicaly, any animation is anime. Even though I don't like admiting it myself, this is how the japanese describe it.

As a fan though, it is definitely not as good as the "anime" we refer to.

So a Japonais might call it anime? It sounds reasonable that to them "anime" is still simply the abbreviation of the word "animation" instead of a proper noun for works from japon....... Or do they have another word for regular "cartoon"??

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

man... let's get this straight aye? ....when you say anime, you think of japanese cartoons and not winnie the poophead, ok? Ok ^_^

Signature

zpulse

zpulse

Who?

The moment I saw this thread, I knew everyone would deny winnie's right 2 b called anime, & I agree: anime, being an abbreviation of animation, created by the Japanese, spelled in 3 letters: a-ni-me; is a name reserved for japanese-styled animations, done w/ superb & unbelievable skill to please the viewer, whether by the great action, suspense, humor(which can't be duplicated in ANY other language), & sexiness(in both the literal sense & ... well, the other sense). winnie the poo is just that: poo(compared to anime that is).

Kagutsuchi

Local Pyromaniac

When using the term "anime" in an english speaking country, most people will assume you're talking about animation made in Japan. But Japanese people do refer to American cartoons as anime too.

i think it's really just a personal preference... most art can't truly be labelled anyway.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by arabesquezalmonAs far as I know the word amime was, initially, simply the abbreviation of "animation" given by Japonais yet subsequently it became utterly the proper noun for animations from Japon, hence the word "anime" should be used on Japon works exclusively...... ??correct me if I mistake.
Yet there are always people who categorise works such as, most commonly, Winnie the Pooh as "anime"-- is that proper?

No, it isn't. JAPANESE ANIMATION is FROM JAPAN people ^_^'

Quote by xandmanman... let's get this straight aye? ....when you say anime, you think of japanese cartoons and not winnie the poophead, ok? Ok ^_^

ROFL poophead XD

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

just like u said anime is for japanese animation not american we call that a disney classic

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

winnie the poop, ooops i mean pooh (hehe) is absolutely NOT an anime. Anime is animation with origins in Japan (you could call it Japanimation). Some may argue that some animes are now drawn outside of Japan (i hear some are drawn in Korea) but the concept and story (the manga) is strictly from Japan. I don't like how american animation try to emulate the anime feel and put an anime tag on it, the feel, artwork, detail, culture and everything is completely off. Let Japan do the animes.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by Keiichi-K1winnie the poop, ooops i mean pooh (hehe) is absolutely NOT an anime. Anime is animation with origins in Japan (you could call it Japanimation). Some may argue that some animes are now drawn outside of Japan (i hear some are drawn in Korea) but the concept and story (the manga) is strictly from Japan. I don't like how american animation try to emulate the anime feel and put an anime tag on it, the feel, artwork, detail, culture and everything is completely off. Let Japan do the animes.

I agree with Keiichi-K1...get your own damn style XD

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

see.... as i said... winnie can go and take a dump or something... cause that is the closest he'll ever get to the term "anime" http://home.tiscali.se/xandman/alex_stuff/eh.gif

Signature

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

well i`d say its sort of an anime but not in the japanese sense or form....... its like american anime.... it has no japanese quality of work at all....

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

ProzacPlus

ProzacPlus

Banned

naaaah!
but it has some asiatic caracteristics....
if i wouldnt know, i would say winnie the pooh is an american-chinese copruduktion,
- it has so many taoistic elements.... :)

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

GAAAhhh!!! What are ya talkin' about prozac!!? It ain't even close to bein' near asian! XD
...only thing i've seen is Winnie the pork according to Tao, or something like that... http://home.tiscali.se/xandman/alex_stuff/eh.gif

Signature

shhho

shhz!

i think pooh is an animation.. but not jap animation.. haha just cartoon animation :)

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 81 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.