Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as "anime"?? - Minitokyo

Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as "anime"??

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 81 total items

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

honey, i think i shrank the children... or what was the name of that movie ^_^' haha... and yeah, i ask the same question..... i don't like Pooh so much, yet he drags me into superlong debates.... man, he's a flawful bear, period ^_^ hahaha...

Signature

Quote by xandmanin, on... you got my point... besides... i'm not an american nor am i
an english guy, but i am sure that my english is good enough. Besides,
i'm pretty sure that you're not flawless yourself ^_^ ...and now, with
simple psychology, i've learnt that most people feeling threatened by
others, usually twists the subject and starts to point out weaknessess
or flaws in language or anything available. In your point... my flaw
with the grammar ^_^ ...threatened?
oh, oh.... let me see.... let me requote what you just said.... "Thank
you for reading this post, this will be my last post in this thread,
you seem too hard headed for me..." ...not much of a man of your words
now yeah? ^_^ hahaha... I feel that i've achieved pretty much by
affecting you this much on such a trivial topic.
mhm, indeed.... winnie the poophead is not anime to me. Keyword "to
me". What others think about winnie being anime or not is their own
opinions, respecting that is divine. I respect that, but as everyone
else i do have my opinions on that now don't i? ^_^ Indeed i do.
and yeah, simple answers are mostly the correct ones according to
Occam's Razor. And so i believe. But see, you are not me, and i am not
you. Therefore we walk different paths, but also... if you want to
research more on this subject, why don't you search the net for more
reliable sources hm? But if you want a piece of advice.... trying to
find the answer isn't necessary due to the fact that the subject of
this thread reads "Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as
'anime'??" and thus, it calls for public opinions.
wrong? Hahahahaha.... Nothing was wrong with your post mate... and
there was nothing wrong with my post as well, considering it contained
about 3 - 4 lines of my own opinions directed towards everyone. I'm not
denying anything, but i don't really get why we even began to debate on
this. Besides, i said the answers could be simple and that we shouldn't
burst into technical mambo jambo, if you want to explain about anime
and winnie the pooh into the deepest, then please be my guest, make
your own thread and define. I don't think the people here wants to read
about us debating about such a trivial thing.... taking up space,
because this is considered spam. And i'm not gonna spam, i'm only
clarifying.
So read the previous posts, and see why this was necessary, 'cause i
don't think it was.
Besides... i think anyone would agree with me that you were the one to
start this debate with your first long post from the previous page ^_^
And that's all for me, have a nice day! I'm kickass superguy Xan the
madman! *bows*

First of all, I admited that I wasn't able to keep my word, can't you read? hahaha

Oh well, I don't know why this post:

Quote by nothingspecialTechnicaly, any animation is anime. Even though I don't like admiting it myself, this is how the japanese describe it.

As a fan though, it is definitely not as good as the "anime" we refer to.

would start a debate. I said that it is definitely not anime if we meant japanese animation(or the anime most of us refer to).

Next time, please read carefuly next time.
Also, saying that Pooh sucks will not do anything good in this thread.

Well I tried to explain to my friend why isn't Pooh categorised anime with the contentions here yet in vain. She is intrinsically adamant to that pooh is an anime, without any rationality. So I gave up. And we both like Pooh very much, no matter it's an anime or not. Just personal prefrence.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

haha.... nothingspecial... listen mate... you ask me if I can't read? But look! You can't even differ between an opinion and an argument. So to answer your question... yes i can read, but reading your posts gives me an eyesore, so i only need to read about a few lines of your post to see where you're coming at.

but see.... that was your first post in this thread, and i didn't stated anything directed towards it, i admit that i stated a few other opinions directed towards no one in the previous page, nothing serious. But now... lemme go get the trigger shall we?

Quote by nothingspecial
Like I said, I'm just saying that the meaning of anime is really just animation. There was no japanese in the word except the ones who used it. Couldn't you guys just accept the fact that it was really intended to mean animation. Really, this is getting out of hand...

I feel like you guys aren't even reading my posts... all I'm saying is that if the real meaning of anime was to be used, YES, pooh is an anime. Now, whats so wrong about that?

Xandman, if you would argue about the real meaning of "anime", please research. Also, about the "nor manga" part, I would definitely agree to that, coz anime ain't manga, manga ain't anime. Though, some anime are adapted from manga vise-versa...

Please, I really don't want to debate about this, I think we could at least agree on the real meaning of anime?

It is also said in
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=anime&x=0&y=0
that anime needs to have japanese origin, but, this is an english dictionary, NOT, a japanese dictionary.

Here is a special dictionary for people like us...
http://reference.animeworld.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=2&t=1

there ya go, easy and simple... and now, that came right after my post. Besides, as i said before... if Pooh should be defined as anime or not is for each of us to think about. Some people are solid about pooh isn't anime, then it's easy... let it go. Some people think it's anime, again... let it go. Oh also... i called winnie a poophead and yeah, i might've said that he sucks. But do you think i said that to get everyone to agree with me and change the thread? No, it was a P e r s o n a l O p i n i o n, got that? Good.

and dude, i'm gonna end it here... at least i got some honor left in me to quit such a trivial debate about something so...... trivial. I expect you do the same, see it as a friendly advice from getting banned. Besides, we've got to show respect to the other people posting here, i dont think our long posts would do any good to them. Last, but not least... next time you start long posts, think about what the subject is about ok? Like zalmon said... a personal preference, an own opinion.

~Kickass superguy Xan! ;)

Signature

Quote by xandmanhaha.... nothingspecial... listen mate... you ask me if I can't read?
But look! You can't even differ between an opinion and an argument. So
to answer your question... yes i can read, but reading your posts gives
me an eyesore, so i only need to read about a few lines of your post to
see where you're coming at.
but see.... that was your first post in this thread, and i didn't
stated anything directed towards it, i admit that i stated a few other
opinions directed towards no one in the previous page, nothing serious.
But now... lemme go get the trigger shall we?

Quote by nothingspecial
Like I said, I'm just saying that the meaning of anime is really just
animation. There was no japanese in the word except the ones who used
it. Couldn't you guys just accept the fact that it was really intended
to mean animation. Really, this is getting out of hand...
I feel like you guys aren't even reading my posts... all I'm saying is
that if the real meaning of anime was to be used, YES, pooh is an
anime. Now, whats so wrong about that? Xandman, if you would argue
about the real meaning of "anime", please research. Also, about the
"nor manga" part, I would definitely agree to that, coz anime ain't
manga, manga ain't anime. Though, some anime are adapted from manga
vise-versa...
Please, I really don't want to debate about this, I think we could at
least agree on the real meaning of anime? It is also said in
that anime needs to have japanese origin, but, this is an english
dictionary, NOT, a japanese dictionary.
Here is a special dictionary for people like us...
http://reference.animeworld.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=2&t=1

there ya go, easy and simple... and now, that came right after my post.
Besides, as i said before... if Pooh should be defined as anime or not
is for each of us to think about. Some people are solid about pooh
isn't anime, then it's easy... let it go. Some people think it's anime,
again... let it go. Oh also... i called winnie a poophead and yeah, i
might've said that he sucks. But do you think i said that to get
everyone to agree with me and change the thread? No, it was a P e r s o
n a l O p i n i o n, got that? Good.
and dude, i'm gonna end it here... at least i got some honor left in me
to quit such a trivial debate about something so...... trivial. I
expect you do the same, see it as a friendly advice from getting
banned. Besides, we've got to show respect to the other people posting
here, i dont think our long posts would do any good to them. Last, but
not least... next time you start long posts, think about what the
subject is about ok? Like zalmon said... a personal preference, an own
opinion.
~Kickass superguy Xan! ;)

Saying that something sucks will always be offensive, no matter how you say it :P
This is something you should know, You should improve on your word selection.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

haha, i could say that you suck..... that would be offensive. If i say that winnie sucks, that would be an independent opinion, which i also did, you get the difference? Everyone got a different taste on everything ;D This is something you should know, you should lighten up a little ^_^

besides, you can go just about anywhere on MT, and you'll see that everyone got their opinion on ....just about everything... haha... so saying that something sucks is a common thing for a human being.

but anyway mate, so how about we put all this behind..... actually.... above, but anyway... *shakes hands* ...i did actually have fun debating, but next time i'm not gonna waste my time on crap like this ^_^ Ciao!

Signature

Quote by xandmanhaha, i could say that you suck..... that would be offensive. If i say
that winnie sucks, that would be an independent opinion, which i also
did, you get the difference? Everyone got a different taste on
everything ;D This is something you should know, you should lighten up
a little ^_^
besides, you can go just about anywhere on MT, and you'll see that
everyone got their opinion on ....just about everything... haha... so
saying that something sucks is a common thing for a human being.
but anyway mate, so how about we put all this behind..... actually....
above, but anyway... *shakes hands* ...i did actually have fun
debating, but next time i'm not gonna waste my time on crap like this
^_^ Ciao!

Hahaha, you really don't have a good word selection.
Do know that my "offensive" post was constructive, unlike your post which only said that something sucked. If I started this arguement, then why are you the only one debating with me? After all, my "offensive" post was adressed to everyone in this thread. But your post after that:

Quote by xandmanwell, no matter how stupid pokemon, dragonball, digimon and all those
are... they're much more anime than pooh will ever be... heh...

was also offensive, and adressed to me.

Do be careful when posting, ok?
Bye then, I'm glad that you learnt a lesson today :)

Well since one of you uttered ciao and another bye, I hope the debate ends here. Stop squandering time on it. I don't like to click on the notification of "forum reply" and find what shows up is debating. You completely digressed by arguing about the definitions of offensiveness or something, which has nothing to do with my topic. Use PM if you'd like to continue.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

mmm.... that's what i keep telling this dude, but he thinks he's got it right between the eyes, although it only looks pathetic and pitiful in my eyes. I've ended the debate about one decade ago, yet.... he's still on it, i've said ciao and told him to leave it behind, yet he's still on it, i've told him to respect you other people, yet he's still on it like some jackal. Besides.... i'll pm him concerning the last off-track post he made.... and zalmon, my apologizes for spamming your thread monsieur harlequin ^_^

anyway, to return to the topic.... i've said it once and i'll say it again for the sake of my opinion. I think that Winnie shouldn't be defined as anime because it lacks the essence that anime stands for and is known by. But if Winnie should appear in Sailor moon or pokemon... man, i would've jumped out of my window, hahaha XD ^_^'

Signature

Quote by xandmanmmm.... that's what i keep telling this dude, but he thinks he's got it
right between the eyes, although it only looks pathetic and pitiful in
my eyes. I've ended the debate about one decade ago, yet.... he's still
on it, i've said ciao and told him to leave it behind, yet he's still
on it, i've told him to respect you other people, yet he's still on it
like some jackal. Besides.... i'll pm him concerning the last off-track
post he made.... and zalmon, my apologizes for spamming your thread
monsieur harlequin ^_^

Everything is gonna be fine as long as the digressed debate ends ^_^

Quote by xandmananyway, to return to the topic.... i've said it once and i'll say it
again for the sake of my opinion. I think that Winnie shouldn't be
defined as anime because it lacks the essence that anime stands for and
is known by. But if Winnie should appear in Sailor moon or pokemon...
man, i would've jumped out of my window, hahaha XD ^_^'

Yes there you got your point. As another member mentioned before the two aspects of anime are: character development and story line, and I surmise especially the former. Maybe that's similar to what you mean with "essence that anime stands for and is known by" ?? And it's indisputable that Winnie the Pooh DO lack these. Consequently I presume the conclusion would be that one shouldn't defined the work as anime- yet what a-ni-me in Japonais stands for is another question. It tends to be a collective name of all animations yet anyhow, when we say anime we mean what we mean, instead of a-ni-me and it's definition applied in japonais.

Sorry for redundance = =..............

no.....damn...dats all i wud say if there wasn't this
number of words restriction....if winne the pooh becomes an anime
den u gotta make godzilla cartoons anime too den...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hahahaaha... man, Japonais? What's Japonaise? ahahahaha... man, i never get tired of seeing that word.... Japonais..... anyway....

i think you got it all pretty much correct there, heh... hmm, you see... "essence that anime stands for and is know by"; by that, i mean that Winnie the pooh doesn't fit into the requirements of being a japanese cartoon. It lacks the visual style and artwork, as well as the feeling and audible presentation, and as this member said... also storyline. And yeah, the japanese created this common word "anime" to represent all animations, but see... the japanese people ain't normally watching western cartoons as we do. I also believe that to them, most of their comic and video stores contains piles of manga comics and anime movies racked up on the shelves. This being the reason why i don't believe that anime got anything to do with outside-asia cartoons, and also the reason why Winnie the poophead ain't anime ^_^

Signature

SpaZaA

SpaZaA

hehehe

Should Winnie the Pooh be defined as "anime"??

simply, no.. that's laughable. look up the word anime. (from a reliable source)

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?refid=561534471
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anime

Winnie The Pooh is not an animation style that could be ever considered anime. lol... yeah k lol.. i'm done

Laser

AkaKori

Anime has come to define Japanese animation only. Stuff like Invader Zim and whatever are very cool, but they are NOT anime. They are just cool American animations.

'Cartoons' can be what defines general American/Western animation, and 'Anime' can be what defines Japanese animation.

Question is: Is Korean and Chinamation anime or something else?

Machinae Supremacy - The origin of SiD-metal. Rock plus SiD sound chip (C64/Amiga/etc). Go to: www.machinaesupremacy.com
Machinae forums: http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com

SpaZaA

SpaZaA

hehehe

i do have to admit that the borders of anime are blurring, i do believe US studios and Korean studios especially make good anime (see Oseam), however they are keeping true to the stylistic properties that is anime, the big eyes, the high detail, the pan shits all the good ol anime nuances.

Are you crazy? Winny the Pooh should deffinatly not be called anime. Whenever you think of the word anime what comes to mind? Deffinatly not Winny the Pooh. Although I can see where you can call it anime in the case of anime being short for animation, but what anime means today to americans is Japanese animation and not just any animation. And then again the Japanese call our animation anime also. So it kinda matters on who is refering to the animation in question.

It's not considered "Anime by North American standards, but it is animation. Here Anime is strictly things from japan, and no matter how much Pooh stuff they pop out, It will still only be Disney-it's almost a separate league from cartoons themselves.

Barbie

ph34r

ph34r

.:Darkness:.

thats just funny! XD haha! calling Winnie the Pooh a anime! The literal meaning of "anime" i guess it would work but nooooo! it just dosnt fit

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

wooo, this thread's seriously taking its time to resolve itself... ^_^

kudos for arabesquezalmon for making us stop and think about what's anime and not! (... sarcasm here...)

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Straight up, Winnie the Pooh is *not* an anime.

'anime' was imported into the japanese language as an abbreviated version of 'animation' and hence all the cartoons that were made in japan have been called anime from thereforth. Also, you should realise that 'animation' was ALSO imported into the japanese language, so Japanese people can call Winnie the Pooh anime or animation whichever they please. Now in english, anime has recently been imported from japanese and in english is used to describe cartoons that come from japan. So, why try to apply an imported word to describe something we already have a word for (Read: Winnie the Pooh is a cartoon.)?

So in summary:

Anime == cartooons coming from japan.
Cartoons == the crap we see on tv.

'harahettara, kuunda' - Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece

Ok, how do I say this... -_- . Anime is a style of drawing basicly. By simply looking at it, you can tell if somthing is an anime. Yes, anime is an animation but its a different style of animation. :sweat: . I do not believe that the creaters of any good anime, or the creaters of " Winnie the Poo" intended them as just another anime or cartoon, but as their work of art they wanted to show to the world. Anime is simply a different style of animation out of all the others in the world. Arent I right ^_^' ?

^_^' ....... SHUT up!!! NO, "winnie THE POO isn't AN anime :angry: !!!

nooo!!!!!!!!! Winnie the Pooh is NOT anime!!! :angry:
XD I agree that it is animation but NOT anime.

Signature

lol lol Winnie the Pooh is an anime? , you got to be joking there is NO WAY that Winnie the Pooh could ever be considered an anime lol

Saitou Hajime - "You can raise a dog with food, and you can raise a human with money but, no man is able to raise a wolf of Mibbu"

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 81 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.