Favorite Music-oriented anime

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

There are several anime that have a large focus on the music scene where the main character wants to make it big, or sing out or make a band, but music is a rather central theme of the anime (even if there are other aspects like Magical Entities [Aquarian Age] or Fighting Machines [Macross])

So I was wondering, what's your favorite music oriented anime and why?
Mine are:
BECK
This is a great new anime, with AWESOME music that can appeal to a lot of people. I'm completely in love with it and it has jumped to my absolute favorite music-oriented anime.

Full Moon wo Sagashite
Another of my favorites, and completely overall, everything about this series is sweet and I like the music.

Others that I like and am familiar with (if you can't really think of some)
Black Heaven, Aquarian Age, Macross, Gravitation

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

#1fav > beck,FMA,NGE,wolf rain
#2fav > AMG,elfenlied,g-seed
#3fav > .hack series
#4fav > various anime

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

*coughs* I think you may have misunderstood the question... it's not your favorite anime soundtrack, but your favorite anime that has music as a (major) part of the story...

Signature

bellaboo

Smompers Bompers

Cancel

I love the Gravitation manga (not so big on the anime :P), it's... well. I'm surprised my head doesn't fall off from how much I laugh. :D I used to really like the Full Moon wo Sagshite manga too-- but after reading the ending I don't know how I feel about the series anymore. =_=

Can't remember any other music anime I've watched!

...and then it all went BOOOM!

Cancel

Good anime that is music oriented. hmmmmmmm, well the first one that pops into my head is the movie Edition of Macross Plus (great anime). It has many scenes with great music scores, not to mention that half the story is surrounded by a singing machine that gaines emotions and trys to kill the two main pilots of the story. So Macross Plus and if any other animes pop in my head i shall post them
*sent friend invite*
http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Project_D/ProjectDsig.jpg

Cancel

Aquarian Age and Rahxephon would be my choices.

• Nov 24, 2004
Cancel

The original Macross movie, Macross Plus and RahXephon are my choices for favourite music-oriented anime. I also recommend Macross 7 and Aquarian age for the music. For everything else however.......... :sweat:

• Nov 24, 2004
Cancel

Macross Plus is the best the music is so awsome , always kewl to meet a fan

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Project_D/Macross Plus WP.jpg

Cancel

I like better Gravitation.

I watch Beck, it's nice to hear the songs but I think the manga is better... but the songs just add another thing.

But... errr... I don't think that Rax-Xephon is qualified to be here...

Signature

• Nov 24, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Rah Xephon is borderline... I mean everything about it IS music themed (The enemies are named after musical terms... they sing and emit sound vibrations as attacks and Reika sings to awaken Rah Xephon...)

One of my favorite songs is "Voices" from Macross Plus... that song is just beautiful...
"The first word in my dreams I could clearly see
Planet Eden far beyond the skies...
Beau-ti-ful and sad is this story I tell
all the wind reg-lars he go..."

Signature

Cancel

<lol> I really love Gravitation. XD My favourite soundtrack, and I love all the characters, too. The things they do just crack me up.

Hm, and Beck is an anime now? :) Cool~ I remember reading a few volumes of the manga, then stopped for some reason. :\ Bah.. ought to look into it again, then.

On an off note, Dragon Voice isn't an anime yet (i don't think) and on an intellectual level, I don't actually like the manga. XD But I've never found something so inspiring as the band's 'comeback arc'. It really rocks.

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

Cancel

Erm.. Does Madlax count? XD Although its not exactly music theme, but whenever, FictionJunction Yuuka's Nowhere song start playing, Madlax will turn God mode ^_^'
and I really love that song... sing along with me "Yamani yamani yeah eee yeah..."

• Nov 24, 2004
Cancel

*thinking to self* don't mention Mermaid Melody, don't mention Mermaid Melody, don't mention Mermaid Melody
*peers around*
D'oh!

:) seriously though, I am planning on grabbing Beck soon, I keep hearing good things about it. Never been much of a Macross fan, or anything. If we can include manga though, Nodame Cantabile appeals to me pretty well :).

• Nov 24, 2004

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Cancel

my fav is Full Moon wo Sagashite, it has great songs and is a rollercoaster mix of joy and sadness.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Cancel

any comments on Macross 7? 'me, it's OK, singable, karaoke-able fun.

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

• Nov 26, 2004
Cancel

my choices is band Weib Kreuz, especialy is seki tomokazu(this is seiyuu of my boy friend)
and X (the band who sing the song"forever love" in X 1999)
and miyamoto shuichi.

• Nov 26, 2004
Cancel

Haibane Renmei uses music excellently...it's mostly classical sounding pieces, but it really enhances the atmosphere of the anime.

• Nov 26, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Once again ^_^;;; This is not what anime has the best miusic soundtrack. This is what anime that incorporates music into the storyline is your favorite? ^_^;; I'm pretty sure there is another thread meant for your favorite anime soundtrack.

Now I don't know anything about the anime Madlax....

Signature

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Cancel

Full Moon wo Sagashite is the best that I have see. It's one of my all time favorite animes in fact.

Signature Image

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Cancel

Gravitation and FMOS for me. I am the embodiment of Ryuichi!

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Cancel

• Nov 27, 2004

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.