Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What would make a good "introduce-anime-to-non-fans" anime? - Minitokyo

What would make a good "introduce-anime-to-non-fans" anime?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

keitaro-kun

keitaro-kun

some otaku fan

well for me i would say that it dependson the person, cause if the person is the type that likes fighting or drama then show that person something like that or basically something that he or she just might like :D

I've seen that in mange alot, but I've never seen it work. -Keitaro Urashima, Love Hina
Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Genshiken.

Commoners! *runs from people*

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Narumaki

Sleepy...

I was able to covert my brother with Naruto, in which he immediately found himself hooked on to. I don't think he hasn't been able to sleep very well since he was watching Naruto overnight. XD

But I don't think Naruto would be a great choice to all my other friends, especially to some of my female friends, who distinctively have a taste for romanctic stories. Blame it on all the telenovelas plaguing primetime Pinoy TV lately (with the exception of Mulawin, lol).

Some of the muscleheads in class are drawn to anime like Slam Dunk and Dear Boys, but I don't think that makes them anime otakus already. I mean, that's ALL they watch, reruns and all. :P

I had quite a few unanime interested friends... Cowboy bebop, and Rurouni Kenshin basically fixed that... mostly the anime that looks more realistic helps convince them it's not all bad and ease them into likeing it XD

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

Onegai Teacher, Cowboy Bebop, and Chobits are what got my roomie addicted to anime when I showed them to him.

Azumanga Daioh's really light-hearted, so that might go well also.

I think that depends of people. I wouldn't recommend Trigun to someone convinced that an anime is either silly and for child or violent ...

Fruits Basket is a good one... and Genshiken would be perfect to make you appear weird... well I like Genshiken but I highly doubt it's an anime to introduce people to anime.

Signature

miyuna

lonely dreamer

i shoed my friend Inuyasha.. suprisingly, he liked it. but he cant say inuyasha's name =p

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I personally got converted with Inu Yasha and Cowboy Bebop. So those two work, trust me.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

If the people you want to introduce are more open i would suggest the Tenchi series (not Tenchi in Tokyo though) as it has a bit of everything (humour that's not kiddy, nice variance of characters) so it should appeal to most people.
For the ones that prefer more "mature" stuff i'd go for Ghost in The Shell 1 or the Patlabor Movies 1 & 2.
If it's parents you wish to introduce then go for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
That's my pick!

shirahana

white flower

Hm.... I'm going to do an informative speech in my public speaking class about anime... and I'm going to try to rid the misconception that anime is a silly cartoon for kids...

My method is going to rely on connections to things that my peers enjoy...

Oh right... I should bring in an example, too... I only own a few series of manga.... so my choice is limited...

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

Narumaki

Sleepy...

Been a while since I've visited this thread. ^^;; Anyways, thanks for the replies, I've got a nice list to recommend to my friends now, provided they have the time to watch 'em. (damn college. XD )

I would highly recommend to watch Fullmetal alchemist or Naruto for starters ^_^

Kazuki-Shikimori

MT-U Anime & Manga Consultant

if they think its for kids show them a hentai ^_^ lol

Midori No Hibi. It's irresistable, hehehehe!

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

Em... i will intro mostly Clamp's works... last time i once intro CCS to my classmates (non fans anime) n they began to like it!

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

I converted one of my friends from hating and dispising anime to wanting to watch it by making him watch La Blue Girl XD but he is a pron addict. But I wouldnt want to convert a person over cause then they will wanna borrow your dvds and ask for you to download an entire series just so they can see it heheh but for random purposes try Excel Saga, Azumanga Daioh & Full Metal Panic for the laughs and if they seem to lean towards more serious stuff try Kimi ga Nozomu Eien & Shingetsutan Tsukihime.

Naruto, Cowboy Bebop

enriquetntcagua

enriquetntcagua

wisdom gives you wings

i have converted quite a lot of people to the anime-side, its just a matter of pickin the right show, girls are easy, AIR, kiminozo, chobits, LOVE hina, any will do they fall very easy, now guys are a little tricky, because all guys want to grow up before time and cartoons are for children right?, now for the 15-20 years range, you can pull out the big guns whit gore and nudity like elfen lied, or GANTz, for over 20 i recommend plot anime berserk, gungrave, movies are great fast ways to initially interest people before showing them series, now dont even think about cerebral or artsy ones like beyond THE clouds, or innocence, use the fun ones like appleseed 2004, vampire hunter D bloodlust, or even ninja scroll (works great whit teenagers), now dont forget the real hooks the ones that get you in for life, these are shows like cowboy bebop,
full metal alchemist, evangelion, and even to some extent the LONG running ones like inuyasha and naruto, after a couple of years after they turned into full-fledged otakus you can sit ans discuss whit them tha latest ghibli movie, or their thoughts on the next watanabe proyect.

trust me i have over 15 years of experience in this, and i love it, is always good that your friends share your hobbies.

the difference betwen mediocre and average is practice
the difference between average and great is dedication
the difference between great and excellent is genius

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i was converted with rurouni kenshin... teehee! i have also converted others with that series... but usually i take into considerationg what the person likes... so there isn't really any other surefire anime that i can recommend other than that...

Signature Image

mineharu

mineharu

Mine powahh!

Quote by helmutI think any of Miyazaki's movie is great to start.

i agree with Helmut. And well almost any anime, though if it's someone with a hard head they just gonna say no.. no and no!.. once there was an anime day with some friends and friends that didn't like anime went and we were seeing Vampire Hunter D, and they said that it was the worst thing ever.. and i just ¬¬..sigh u just don't appreciate it.. so it can be any anime .. i once tried Angelic Layer and it worked, as well as Naruto.. so it can be whatever anime..

Signature

I hightly disaprove love hina & other comedies like that for introduction cause (I love them :p ) they're japanese humour , not all person apreciate that or must see some other anime to be introduced to this humor , personaly I've been re-introded with evangelion (in my youth we saw anime like city hunter in tv ) but recently I'v introduced some firends with : may hime for the perveted one, bleach for the normal one and elfen lied for the serious one , I think we must adapt the choice for the person :p

i think u have to choose the anime that matched with ur non-anime frens as introductions.

if they are sensitive then animes that have love as their main focus (love hina, dears, maburaho, etc) will be suitable.
and adventurous person will need animes like initial D, MAR, onepiece (but its kinda too long)..

well, for me i based on thier personalities to choose introductory animes. but a funny ones can always fit anywhere, like FLCL or FMP! Fumoffu. give them something to laugh and they'll like it.

Signature

Just shove any good shows to them (I have done that with Love Hina, Escaflowne, Great Teacher Onizuka, Naruto, Slayers, etc) and see to it that they watch it. This should work almost for everyone, except those who already stubbornly made up their mind that they do not like and will never watch "cartoons".

Cheers!

I'd actually have to agree with Love Hina, it was the first anime I remember watching. Evangelion is also another good one, but like they said, it all depends on the person and their tastes.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.