Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What would make a good "introduce-anime-to-non-fans" anime? - Minitokyo

What would make a good "introduce-anime-to-non-fans" anime?

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

It depend on what they like. If they like comedy, Kyou Kara Maou is good, if they like sport, something like Prince of Tennis or Slam Dunk. If they like romance, Gravitation or Loveless is good.

Narumaki

Sleepy...

Heh, would it be smart to introduce to them FLCL first? I'm worried about the brain damage they might receive. :D

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Quote by NarumakiHeh, would it be smart to introduce to them FLCL first? I'm worried about the brain damage they might receive. :D

I'm not sure that's a good idea :)
I know a lot of people that did not like this anime and did not get it at all.
I did like FLCL but if I were you, I would start with a Miyazaki movie, or something like Rurouni Kenshin (the OVAs). Something that will make your friends understand that anime is not only for kids :D

Narumaki

Sleepy...

Quote by cifiryn
...understand that anime is not only for kids :D

That's the problem. Some of them can't get past the idea that even though it's animated, hand-drawn by artists, it's all just a cartoon for kiddies, but it's not! I'd like to make 'em watch something as gory as Elfen Lied...or something as risque as Ikkitousen, but that'd be overstating the point, and might turn them off.

I classmates who are non-anime fan so it's really hard for me to get along with them :sweat: , they also think the very same thing your friends did -- they keep on saying that anime are just cartoons for kids... but I also have friends who are anime fan...
I can try to lend them anime with a more "mature" story or try to lend him/her a "comedy" one... we may not know whether they'll like it, ;)
I think it was two years ago when I tried to lend a friend Azumanga Daioh.. she liked it, she said Chiyo was quite cute and Osaka was really funny OX ..

vaiowega

vaiowega

100% Recyclable

I think serious animes should make them change their mind about the anime-only-4-kids idea...

show them the 5th episode of woboy bebop, maybe eps from : evangelion (it's cult), Last Exile (for the design/music), FMA (an amazing anime for everyone), Love Hina (a classical ecchi harem-style anime), fumoffu (if they don't laugh, can't make anything for them...^^)

You can also show them movies (miyazaki's stuff, Ghost in the shell, Steamboy...)

Signature
Administrator of .: Straw-Hat Pirates :.
Member of .: Anime Paradise :. .: Bleach :. .: Force-Firefox :. .: French-Tribu :. .:Ecchi-Club :. .:Fullmetal-Alchemist-Fans:.

some of my friends think im a bit childish for liking anime so much... but if i would introduce non-fans to anime, i'll make them watch... hunterxhunter maybe?? afterall, my friends who don't usually watch anime liked the show! ;)

Signature

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.