Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What book would you like turned into anime? - Minitokyo

What book would you like turned into anime?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

I think... Ender's Game. It would be interesting...

What book? Well most of the books I like are already anime, but some of them they only did the first season! XO But what I really want them to turn into an anime is Lagoon Engine Einstaz, by Yukiro Sugisaki (which by the way is in the newtype USA mag, and is the first manga to be published in English before in Japanses SO cool! XD and Tsubasa: Resevior Chronicle by Clamp. That would be so wicked! :D

The Bible. Done by masamune shirow.

That'd be insane.

'harahettara, kuunda' - Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece

Seran

Seran

Whimsical Dreamer

Quote by maiafay376Any Drizzt Do'Urden book (forgotton realms series) by Ra. Salvatore. Just want to see the drow in action besides guest apperances in PS2 games...

Its almost the same for me but I do wish to see a drow warrior character named Ryld Argith and the romance of that two drows in that Drow series,and the adventure of those moon elves.

LadyNorthstar

LadyNorthstar

Mad Power!

the Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice!
I wont see Lestat and Armand in anime version!
And i think Sphere of Michael Crichton can be interesting.....

Quote by rollerball2001Anyone of David Drake's Hammer's Slammers novels. These would make the most action packed anime anyone could ask for!! XD

I totally concur. Of course, then would have to deal with the terrifying horde of fangirls Joachim would have. >_>

In a similar vein, I think the Honor Harrington novels would translate well into anime. (ADV is already making an animated version of another of David Weber's series, so why not?)

A sentimental favorite of mine that might be fun to see animated would be Space Viking, by H. Beam Piper.

Ender's Game would've been nice, but a movie's already being planned. Well, the Shadow series is still open. Haven't read any of that, though ^^;;

ok ok in the last few years my reading hasn't been all to diverse.. so I'll say lotr, harry potter... and thinking of an anime version of Hitchhiker's guide kind of reminds me of captain tylor which would be neat

KnightOfLain

KnightOfLain

red rose filling the skull

Well that's a great question... i concur that Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy would be sth totally bizzare yet entertaining, i'd like to see DUNE (but only the first book without all the sequels and prequels). But i'd die to see William Gibson's Neuromancer/Count Zero/Mona Lisa Overdrive cyberpunk books being turned into an anime - sth along the Lines of "!Blame" or "Serial Experiments Lain". Ahhh that would be great.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Yay, I see the patterns emerging! I do have to categorize and tabulate the results of this thread pretty soon... and so far, everyone has suggested nice books (eerrr, the Bible counts, ok... ^_^)!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Quote by bucket-shotI'd love to see the Lion of Macedon and Dark Prince duology by David Gemmell turned into an anime. :D It's a heroic/historical-fantasy thing - it'd make a great anime along the lines of... well, the swords-and-magic kind. I'd love to see the effects and huge battle scenes described in motion.

Some David Gemmell would be nice. i don't understand it, but Winter Warriors made me cry so much. >.<

- This Free Life Crisis -

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

Anne Rice's novels would make great vampire anime! And maybe Harry Potter... it would be nice to see an anime version of those...

Quote by charaznableamuroreiHmm... 'want to pose this question: if you get the chance to turn a certain piece of literature (book, book series, etc.; US-authored, European-authored, etc.) into anime format, what would that be? Mine would be the DUNE series by Frank Herbert. ALL of it, from the 1st down to Chapterhouse! The epic saga-sci fi theme of the DUNE series complement with many outings already done in anime (e.g., Captain Harlock, U.C. timeline Gundam)

Music of course by my beloved Yuki Kajiura. ^_^

p.s. Muad'dib has to have a kawaii desert rat companion thing!!! hehe.

Why am I not surprised?!?
For me it would be any number of Anne Rice novels. But, I will have to go with The Witching Hour, since it is probably my favorite. :)

darkfighter

darkfighter

darkfighter000

I think Tsubasa, Fate/ Stay Night and some others with the original story line...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

digitalRonin

Broken Dreamer

Quote by xeroghostThe Wheel Of Time by Robert Jordan.. Because the concepts and characters would really make for a great anime.. anyone who's read the series should agree taht it would definately be worth watching animated..

I totally agree here.
And I'm just going to throw this out there, Star Wars. There are a number of novels written about Star Wars, and some of the series within the Universe would make a decent anime, in particular I'm thinking of the Rogue Squadron books. Now that would make a kick butt space anime.

Some say the world will in in fire, some in ice.
From what I've tasted of Desire, I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I know enough of Hate
to say that for destuction, ice is also as great
and would suffice.
-Frost

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

I would have to say the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. Those books were spectacular. For those of you that haven't read them, the first three books are called: "A Spell for Chameleon", "The Source of Magic", and "Castle Roogna". Check them out, these books literally changed my life, not because they were phylisophical about life, no, far from it, these books had a feel to them and a story that compelled you to the point where you cared for the characters so much that each twist and turn was a gut wrenching moment. They have such a harmonius balance of puns, comedy, plot twists, (innuendo lol), action, romance, and thoughts that blends into such an amazing adventure. These books crossed over to so many of my friends that don't even like fantasy stories but loved this series when i showed it to them. The fantasy of your imagination just gushes forth when reading them that, if made into an anime the way it should be, i believe would be a tremendous cross over anime hit such as Akira and Cowboy Bebop.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

lordofgamblers

lordofgamblers

wazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuppppp!!!!!!!!

i would like to see stephen kings dark tower series turn into an anime it has an in depth storyline and it's the king ~_~

of all the foods in the world donuts reign supreme

vaiowega

vaiowega

100% Recyclable

I like stories about pirates so I think "Treasure Island" by RL Stevenson could make make a wonderful anime...

Signature
Administrator of .: Straw-Hat Pirates :.
Member of .: Anime Paradise :. .: Bleach :. .: Force-Firefox :. .: French-Tribu :. .:Ecchi-Club :. .:Fullmetal-Alchemist-Fans:.

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Hmmmm... definitely the best ones would be:

~ Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. These conspiracy stories packed with guns, military, action in the present day, and stuff alike are just the kind of stories I love.
~ The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. While reading it, I always imagined Langdon, Sophie, Teabing, Fache, Silas and Aringarosa anime-style.
~ The Ctulhu Myths. I was really horrified by some of those stories... now imagine a series about them.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Leaf

Leaf

Dreamcatcher

I'd like to see "The Assassins of Tamurin" turned into an anime. XD I liked the story and it would be interesting to see it as an anime. XD

Signature Image
thanks to wintersrain for the banner

The His Dark Materials trilogy, by Philip Pullman (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass). Young main characters, animal sidekicks, fantastic worlds, religious overtones... it's perfect for anime :)

Gundam sentinel novel.....

Dune is cool, but it must be done right..........

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i would love to see margaret weiss and tracy hickman's Death Gate series turned into animated form.... i loved the story line! (plus lots of funny references to LOTR and james bond!)

Signature Image

poolshark

poolshark

Kurushio

Just imagine a schizophrenic Jason Bourne/David Webb thats animated..I would love to see the Bourne trilogy as an anime..^_^

Murder is my daily bread.
-Kirika Yumura

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.