Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime advice - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Im looking for some new animeseries to watch... what I like: escaflowne, trigun, berserk, hellsing, blue gender, noir, ghost in the shell sac1/2, gantz, vampire princess miyu, gunslinger girl, saikano, trigun, elfen lied, monster, phantom memory kurau, x tv....

I don't appreciate the animes likes love hina and such so skip those. Anyone got any suggestions to what is the next series I should watch?

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."

Saiyuki? :) Fullmetal Alchemist?

Oh... you're a guy. ^_^' I was going to recommend Weiss Kreuz, but that's only good because of the bishies (and in the sequel, gluhen, that element's even gone :hmpf:).

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen? Peacemaker Kurogane? Argento Soma? Flame of Recca? Um... Tactics? XD Wolf's Rain? Witch Hunter Robin?
Hope this helps. :)

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

...sounds to me you have a bad case of ADV releases lol :)

But okay if you like monster and vampire and SF/action stuff, you should try and
watch some golden oldies such as: Devil Man, UrotsukiDoji 1 to 3,
Fist of the Northstar (movie) , Akira, Special Edition DVD(never fails) ,
and then I guess Gibli has some good ones too, like Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away.
Or, just watch FMP. and Fumoffu. Action AND comedy in one.

thats it for me.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Thanks for the advice but I've seen most of them got any else to recommend? :D

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

kannaduki no miko ?
or
school rumble ?
or
grenadier ?
or
gash bell ?

hope that help ^^'

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

xeroghost

Whoa knows??

hunter x hunter?? naruto?? of course you've probably seen those..

*insert clever saying here*
Signature

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Tried watching naruto but I didn't like that one very much hunter x hunter seems a bit long (62 eps) try to keep my animes at 10-25ish eps since they get to tedious otherwise.

I'm rather found of "dark" animes like elfen lied, berserk, saikano etc. so any animes like that I might have missed would be interesting to hear of!

Thanks for the advice please post others you can come to think of :D

Narumaki

Sleepy...

Grenadier's a good anime, if you're into fanservice and action. ^^ The same goes for Mai-Hime, though this one has a more high-school feel to it (well, it IS set in a school... ^_^' )

For comedy, a friend of mine recommened School Rumble. Haven't seen it myself, but he says it's a fun anime to watch. :d

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I suggest Hunter x Hunter again... It's not as long as Prince of Tennis or Naruto (It's be rather killer to start dling those series when they're at where they are... over 100.) In comparison HxH isn't that long. Though the TV series is 52 eps (I think), First OAV 8 eps, Second OAV (Greed Island) 8 eps, Third OAV (Greed Island Final) 16 eps. But if you're still not interested in the anime... I suggest at least readong the manga: http://www.toriyamaworld.com/

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Have you tried watching Gundam Seed Destiny? Its good. A few pple recommended School Rumble already and I think its good too. Its a comedy type of anime similar to Azumanga. I would recommend Bleach. lots of action and some humour, I like it a lot.
hmm.... kinda hard to think of "dark" animes now, u already mentioned Elfen Lied which is recent. Can't think of any recent "Dark" anime's at the moment.

Signature

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Thanks for the advice :] hard to find some good anime! Mai-Hime is something im following as well ;) been spamming lots of animeforums looking for advice :p keep it coming, even if its from the 80-90s its ok I dont have any problek with them being old!

I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist! ^^ It's really a good series :D You could also try School Rumble (very funny) and Gankutsuou, though this is a bit weird.. interesting, but weird XD; Naruto and Bleach are good too, thoug the former has reached ep. 111.. Not everybody likes long series XD;

Samurai 7 (it's an impressive anime even if I wasn't really interested at all by its story, I really like it), Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny (I'm not a mecha fan, so thanksfully for me I think it stresses more the characters), Gankutsuo is... well there's only at ep 6 wheen I was hooked by the story but before that I've found the artwork completely fascinating, you should at least watched one ep (Kraze is said to be the best group).

Signature

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Dilandau, seems you like a lot of action anime? then i suggest Tenjou Tenge or if you prefer something a bit earlier or more humorous then how about New Dominion Tank Police?

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Gankutsuou is a little "dark" in feel if you think about it... it's all about intrigue and innocence I'd say... ^_^ Really good one if you like stories that are about intrigue and politics and how characters develop in these situations...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

ohh thanks for the advice if you got anything else please post it! Saw some I'm going to look up :) might save my weekend ;)

Deedles

Deedles

doki doki

Hmm....

I second the recomendations on Full Metal Alchemist

Lets see, you seem to like action... I also recommend:

Peacemaker
Soultaker
Mezzo (I dont know about the OVA but the TV series seems cool but I havent watched it all)
Chrono Crusade
Armitage
Cowboy Bebop
D.N.Angel (I've only see then first episode but it looks cool)

Some maybes (that I really liked but I dont know if you would):
Kiddy Grade
Stellvia
Last Exile
Perfect Blue
BoogiePop
R.O.D.

.:.:.:.deedles.:.:.:.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Thanks deed :) seem most of them as well but I saw a couple I haven't seen gonna look them up thanks alot ^_^

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.