Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Good quality scan - Minitokyo

Good quality scan

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Susan-chan

Susan-chan

Guardian of Storm

i would like to ask you: what can i do for a better scan?? i mean..i want to submit scans..and i use photoshop to make them better...but Mt always delete it..
because they are - grainy ( i think they are not...)
- they are not as big as 1000x1000 pixel ( it's dumb, because i Cant sumbit a scan if the pic is smaller)
-The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes ....hehehe.. XD
-The scan was not 32bits in color. Only 32bits colored scans are allowed.....my scans Are colorful XD
-Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi ..my scans has 300 dpi....

sooo... what can i do for a better image???
for example let's see this pic: what's the problem with that???????
http://users.atw.hu/animevision/36724Izayoi-004.jpg

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

let me give u a for each reason of deletion

-people will be spamming with alot of crappy cgs(even if they are good
-well.....i dont know anything about character being visble and stuff
-people will sent scans from mangas and it cant be used for walls
-200dpi.....uhhhhh........i dont what that means

and the scan u show is a bit bumpy on the edges......sorry

retire

Susan-chan

Susan-chan

Guardian of Storm

ok ok..i didnt say Mt should delete those rules....i just want to know what can i do for a better scan...( shapr edges, or blur....understand?:)

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

there's nothing you can do
if its smaller dont enlarge it and smart blur it or sumthing
it'll only get deleted.
the only way is to scan it in a larger dpi.
that usually will create quite a big size file.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by Susan-chanok ok..i didnt say Mt should delete those rules....i just want to know
what can i do for a better scan...( shapr edges, or
blur....understand?:)

Smudging around them help. Except it takes forever especially if your scan is big. >_O But a simple Gassian blur and duplicating layers with a variety of blending options work too I think.

And the problem with your is that it looks pretty hard to wall. I tihnk.....

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

As the master of scanning (warning large EGO) I have found many teqniques! For a personal lesson feel free to cantact me through Yahoo CyberWolf_Stix.

A quick fix is blur more, however auto levels, and other niftyu features help too. it sounds to me like you have not optimized your scanners drivers.

EDIT: WOW! that is an UBER awesome scan! no dot interoplation at all! that is my biggest problem.... those damn CMYK dots.

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

there are various factors that can be added to define an image to be a low quality.
1. the picture is blurry. i think the example you gave is also on the blurry side.
2. there are numerous artifacts.
3. the outlines are very fady or not well defined. looks like your picture fits very well in this picture. if the outline isn't well defined in a picture, no matter how well you extract the image, it will still look like it's badly extracted.
4. the color definition is lacking. sometimes, an image will have overly saturated colors.

susan-chan; i hope you are aware of the fact that submitting resized scan is NOT allowed in this community...im not sure you do that or not, but your statement made it very ambiguous as to if you did it or not.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Quote by Susan-chani would like to ask you: what can i do for a better scan?? i mean..i want to submit scans..and i use photoshop to make them better...but Mt always delete it..
because they are - grainy ( i think they are not...)
- they are not as big as 1000x1000 pixel ( it's dumb, because i Cant sumbit a scan if the pic is smaller)
-The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes ....hehehe.. XD
-The scan was not 32bits in color. Only 32bits colored scans are allowed.....my scans Are colorful XD
-Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi ..my scans has 300 dpi....
sooo... what can i do for a better image???
for example let's see this pic: what's the problem with that???????
http://users.atw.hu/animevision/36724Izayoi-004.jpg

I read somewhere the character has to be visible for somuch % of the body
(reason 2?) maybe thats the fact with that pic

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Just by looking at your scan I can tell you two things:

a) It's blurry.
b) The character pose and such is completely unusable for wallpapering purposes.

Plus, please please please don't submit resized scans. They make me cry. T_T

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by biriwilgPlus, please please please don't submit resized scans. They make me cry. T_T

it's alright biri, i feel the same way T_T

when we find someone frequently submitting bad scans, we goto their gallery and tear it up, so dont do it~ :3

Susan-chan

Susan-chan

Guardian of Storm

alright alright i have told u i usually dont submit a scan which is not big as the required size :) dont be sad XD

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

Scan them at 600dpi, and use a better scanner. The new scanners eliminates noise very well.

If you use Photoshop... i think you are not using it correctly.
A noisy scan is a bad one, and a reescaled one too more.

That pic seems to be not a scan, it's reescaled and it's a bad image (only a face...)

kurokaze

kurokaze

黒風

what you think abot scan it whth the roules and then upload chenges ^.^ if it is wrong i sorry ^.^

Signature Image

Classical Music Collection Group Join to Classic Music Fan Group

if you're ever going to submit any works from photoshop, be sure to save them as a .jpeg file and set it's quality to 12. that gives the pic an extra boost in quality by making everything sharp, very sharp. but in compensation for that, the file size increases by a fair bit so there's something to look out for. but the benefits clearly outweigh the disadvantages

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.