Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hot Gimmick - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

shirahana

white flower

I absolutely love this manga by Miki Aihara.... The art style is unique... and the plot is complex...

It's shojo... so already, it's a major plus ^-^; But you know how many shojo stories are predictable? Well... I don't think Hot Gimmick is predictable... Gah.... I have no clue who Hatsumi will end up with.... She's surrounded by such kawaii guys *_*

Hot Gimmick makes really good eye candy ^-^; I own all the volumes that have been released in English (published by Viz)... Can't believe there are only a total of 8 volumes.... 2 more to go... x_x;

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

oh me like manga :)
and hasn't heard that series

read ur description make me interest on it XD

can u gimme link to that ?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shirahana

white flower

Eep!! I just checked Viz.com..... and volume 7 is out! @___@; I have to get it sometime sooooon!!!!!

*cough* ahem..... as for info on Hot Gimmick? There actually aren't many fansites for it... I did happen to find one pretty good site though ^^; clicky here: http://www.zaha.net/shoujo/aihara/hotgimmick/syn.html

Hm... now it's up to volume 10... I really thought there were only 8 volumes x__X; I refuse to read the synopsis ^^; I wait for the manga to be released.... It's tempting... but the manga's just so much better.. it's worth the wait ^-^;

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

ow

me will chek that XD

thx , shirahana ^^

shirahana

white flower

Be sure to check out the gallery, too ^-^; Look at the art... I really like it ^-^;

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

omg this is nice manga XD

the art also beauty XD

thx for share the information here, shirahana ^_^

shirahana

white flower

While this manga is good... I kinda like ones that aren't too long.... 'cause the longer, the more expensive =__=; I hope this doesn't go over ten volumes x_x;

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Quote by shirahanaWhile this manga is good... I kinda like ones that aren't too long....
'cause the longer, the more expensive =__=; I hope this doesn't go over
ten volumes x_x;

lol yeah ..., nice manga that too long is hard to catch up ^^'
but imo this one doesn't take too long ^_^

Shojo O.O ? *shivers and hides behind a rock*

Heh...just joking XD Hmmm...sound intresting. Personally, i never read that much manga cuz stores where i am haven't even heard of manga XD So you can say i'm manga-deprived ;_; It's definetely intresting to say the least. The art also looks pretty good ^^ Thanks for sharing the info ^^

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

haha i only own 2 volumes of Hot Gimmick. Honestly I think it's one of the best mangas I've read so far. XD Can't wait to get more volumes.. hehehe..

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

shirahana

white flower

Yay! ^__^ Yumi-chan likes Hot Gimmick as well! Heh heh.. I totally understand you when you say it's one of the best mangas XD

Quote by halcyonTwilightShojo O.O ? *shivers and hides behind a rock*

Heh...just joking smiley Hmmm...sound intresting. Personally, i never read that much manga cuz stores where i am haven't even heard of manga smiley So you can say i'm manga-deprived ;_; It's definetely intresting to say the least. The art also looks pretty good ^^ Thanks for sharing the info ^^

What? Your local stores don't sell manga? =__=; That's so saaaad..... I usually go to Waldenbooks... or Borders... and sometimes b&n... They all have huge selections of manga XD It makes my day just to walk into one of those bookstores ^-^;

Quote by shirahana What? Your local stores don't sell manga? =__=; That's so saaaad..... I usually go to Waldenbooks... or Borders... and sometimes b&amp;n... They all have huge selections of manga XD It makes my day just to walk into one of those bookstores ^-^;

Heh...i might have over-done that lil commment XD Actually, the borders and b&n where i am have manga....just not a lot ;_; They always have random manga from random places...so it's just not the same >.< I swear that when i asked a guy working at my local b&n if there were any more manga, he was like "What's manga? A type of food?" XD Man was i sooo sad that day..... XD

When i visted NYC, and walked into one of their huge 3 story b&ns, i was soooo happy XD They actually had manga o.O Not a shelf...rows of them. I was in bliss then ^^ Hmm...once i go to a good store, i'll take a look at Hot Gimmick. It looks really intresting ^__^

shirahana

white flower

Oh okay.. that's good to hear.... At least there's still some manga ^^; Maybe you could look for scanlations, too?

For Hot Gimmick though... I haven't found any scanslations yet x_x; Oh well, I'm so addicted to it that I just buy it. I like owning it XD

It's actually rated for older teens.. meaning 16+.... I'm 15.... -_-; close enough... >_>

I love this manga there only 2 mangas left and its like "oh no, i don't want it to finish XO noooooooo", i started reading it then i was like its getting thiner and thiner.
After I read the first 6 mangas my sister brought me manga num. 7 "yes,yes"!, i yelled It felt like there was hope again. It happened the same thing after i read it i was frustated,lost. Well I'm still waiting for the other two.
I know its supposed to be for older tenn but... jaja ja ^_^' um i'm 13 ...that's all.
Arigato(thanks)
ALL written HERE WAS WITH THE intention TO almost exaggerate ^_^' I WAS bored

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

Omgosh!!! I love Hot Gimmick! The enitire plot line cracks me up as it takes unexpected twists and turns anytime that the story seems be winding down. My favorite parts so far are the ending of the ummm.... I think its the 6th where Hirami and Riko fall asleep in the hotel.... and then in one of the earlier books when Riko (I don't think I'm spelling his name right....) says he should just drag Hirami behind a bush and get it over with!

Quote by shirahana
For Hot Gimmick though... I haven't found any scanslations yet x_x; Oh well, I'm so addicted to it that I just buy it. I like owning it XD

I know!!! I have looked all over so that I could wall it. So far all I can find is the cover scans..... so annoying.... grrrrrrr....

Quote by Lucy
It's actually rated for older teens.. meaning 16+.... I'm 15.... -_-; close enough... >_>

lol.... I can see why, it definately takes a turn from the normal happy manga where the characters could easily be eight and deals with some pretty adult concepts....

Signature

shirahana

white flower

Quote by RhapsodyOmgosh!!! I love Hot Gimmick! The enitire plot line cracks me up as it takes unexpected twists and turns anytime that the story seems be winding down. My favorite parts so far are the ending of the ummm.... I think its the 6th where Hirami and Riko fall asleep in the hotel.... and then in one of the earlier books when Riko (I don't think I'm spelling his name right....) says he should just drag Hirami behind a bush and get it over with!

In the books I buy, their names are actually Hatsumi and Ryoki ^^; I got a tad confused there when I first read your post!

But gaah! It's just so good isn't it?? xd

i need to get volume 7...... =__=;

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

Quote by shirahana
In the books I buy, their names are actually Hatsumi and Ryoki ^^; I got a tad confused there when I first read your post!
But gaah! It's just so good isn't it?? xdi need to get volume 7...... =__=;

lol.... I always get the names wrong....especially when it comes to spelling...... knew I should have checked!

Signature

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

*'nother Hot Gimmick fan here!*

Love the story. Half the time I feel sorry for Ryoki though, lol!

shirahana

white flower

I feel sorry for Ryoki as well ^^; He genuinely likes Hatsumi... But Hatsumi just keeps refusing him ^^;

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Can you much blame her, they way he's treating her? O_o But still, she could catch onto the hints we have.... :sweat:

shirahana

white flower

I guess you can't blame her ^^; Ryoki just doesn't know how to get his feelings across very well..... x_x; But that's what makes it so cute *lol*

Hello. Yes. Hot Gimmick is a really, really good manga. I have a really good link if anyone wants any scans and pictures from it. *realizes the link has already been posted* Err, okay, nevermind. Hee. Wee.

Anyways. Just to answer a few questions. Someone said that there was only 8 volumes. But there isn't! As far as the japanese edition goes (or whatever term I should use for the manga type there -- I suppose original format would be right) I've seen scans of up to volume 37 and more... O_o this makes me a very happy shoujo-bunny. (and I'm not the type that usually likes shoujo ever... its just... there's something addicting to me about HG) I liked Mars too, but I'm even more into this... Mars was probably more of my first shoujo manga interest... anyways... yes.

Hot Gimmick is wonderful. I think people should make more icons and things from it. I'm very very obessessed.

As for the girl who didn't like the borders and B&N -- you should just order online then... I mean shipping can be a pain but if you get manga in bulk it will be cheaper... If you come to the borders in Chicago (Evanston really) we have about two entire book shelves of manga... including all vol.s of manga. ^^ Is very exciting. I just wish they'd come out with more than once a month, it stinks to waiiiit.

-Youji

shirahana

white flower

What what what?? @____@; 37 volumes?? That's pretty crazy ^^; Especially since I've already bought volume 7 and it seems like the story is coming to a close >_<; But wait..... 37 volumes or 37 chapters? ^^; I'm too lazy to go upstairs and check what chapter volume 7 ran up to.. x_x;

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Wow @_@

What amazing manga - no kidding yourself shirahana - it's awesome.
Just from watching the first few pages - its very good. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.