How many image folders do you have?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Since this is an image site, I was just wondering how many image folders you have... to keep your collections organized? And what do you organize by?

I have 515 image folders (in my images folder) 9 folders for my own art, 41 folders for sprites, 53 folders for "Works" (Image edits and wallpaper stuff)

I have seperate folders for anime/vidoegame series that I have a lot of images of and if there are various clear divisions of that series I'll make sub folders of the games in a series (FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FFT, FFA, ect.) and will often have subfolders of males vs. females and occasionally individual characters if I have a lot of a particular character.

I also have a lot of folders of random anime images that are uncategorized because I'me either not that interested in that series or have honestly no clue what the source is and I separate those into the image-site, then males, females, female hair color, couples, Groups, specialty interest images (Kimonos, Glasses, Music), Hentai images, Androgynous images, Yaoi images, Black and White images...

I was just wonder how organized people choose to be.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

Cancel

uhh....i have alot of image folders in my hdd...because i have a big collection of manga scans ( 1 folder / title ), i have about 30 hentai ( lol XP ) manga scans series, love hina, I"s, DNangel, etc. also my game's image collection, anime, and my webdesign works ( banner, logo, wallpaper )
its about 350 i think

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

Cancel

I don't have that many, maybe around 6 or more main ones with lots of sub folders within. I think the main ones are Manga, Games, Wallpapers, Movies, CGs and Cats. Should have a couple more, lots of sub folders within classifying the image files.

• Nov 26, 2004
Cancel

i have a map for wallpapers on Boyis, a map for the special galleries on boyis, on for game galleries on boyis, then i have one for art found on random sites, have a map for those anime that seems a little too sexual for sites like this e.g. pictures found on hentai sites(however i never download those where they fuck and such, only sensual images) a map for MT walls, a map for MT female scans, a map for MT originals, (before there came this many categories)

• Nov 26, 2004

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

To be honest, I don't leech often from Minitokyo. I haven't downloaded from Minitokyo since September 2004. I usually just interact in forums etc.
If you're talking about folders, boy I have a lot, but they're all saved on CDs. I have no space in my notebook.

• Nov 26, 2004

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Cancel

wow
a lot i must say ^^
over 10.000 images and counting from various anime
and many image board include mt too

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I have 23000 images and counting and some of the "major" folders I have with sever sub-series are: Manga, Anime, Anime and Manga, clamp, 4chan, Moe, Assorted anime, Games

Manga is anything I know mainly as or have majority of images of Manga.
Anime is anything I know mainly as or have a majority of images of Anime
Anime and Manga are usually series that I really like that I have a Lot of Anime AND Manga images or recognize both the anime and manga.
CLAMP was created partially from Minitokyo when I realized how many crossovers clamp had... my CCS, X, MKR and RGVeda folders were moved and Tsubasa and xxxHolic folders were created.
Games is any and all Video Games... though "dating sims" and "yaoi games" *innocent* have only recently been added to this classification... I think I should somehow arrange for all my naughty images to have it's own folder...

Signature

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Cancel

I have totally lost control over my folders so mugh I have right now. XD probably my own fould I have an image vieuwing progaram that views 15 images per page visible at one time so I have 15 images in every folder to keep it easy viewable. :D

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Cancel

Not much, luv to keep mai comp clean but if an image catches mai eyes then i'll d/l it

Cancel

I have far too many folders all over the place with no organization whatsoever.
Happily, I have some very good image viewers which help make sense of the mess :)

• Nov 26, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I wish I had winXP instead of 98 because that comes with an image browser... as it is I have to browse my computer from my brother's to sort through unlabelled images... and I have thousands of unlabelled images... They just get plopped into appropriate folders where they can await further clssification...

Signature

Cancel

I have one image folder: wallpapers.

Signature Image

• Nov 27, 2004

Larghaz

-~Broken Insanity~-

Cancel

I got two, one for clean and ecchi, and another one for Hentai, H-Manga and H-Doujins.

[The lack of confidence is the downfall of some. But overconfidence is the downfall of many.]

• Nov 27, 2004
Cancel

I have 145 folders.

Signature

Cancel

I usually organize by series, and if the series is one I really love I make subfolders for each character and for fanarts.. and then other subfolders there for hounen-ai pairings XD So there's so many folders scattered around in my HD's that I don't even know where to start to count them XD;

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Cancel

i actually have all of my images in 1 picture folder. currently i have 3,491 walls/scan totalling 1.3 gig

my goal is to fill a dvd completely with images later this year.

when i find the time. :sweat: i hope to break these images into about 10 or so folders.

luckily mt file's names are logical. i.e. all like files are together.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

I have 3 folders, but normally I don't categorize all the anime and scans into little groups and such.

Wallpapers - Signatures - Pictures

That's about it lol ^^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

for me it's around 10 main folders, followed by tons of subfolders, which are very numerous and have me afraid to count.........

• Dec 04, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

There is an option when you right-click a folder called "Properties" it will list how many folders and how many files are in that folder. ^_~ Or if your afraid to know the real number... why? The more images you have the more you can share with others right?

Signature

usagi200

usagi200

Wings of an angel

Cancel

I have 8 folders and i catagorize them in Wallpapers, anime Girls, Guys, extra for sigs, one for desktop pics, anime couples, FFX screenshots folder, game character pics.. i think thats it and in each folder i have roughly 50 - 200+ pics, but i have more for anime guys/girls and walls. ^_^

Signature

• Dec 25, 2004
Cancel

i have 4 folders. 2 folder is 700mb, 1folder is about 300mb, 1folder is best art collect!

• Dec 25, 2004
Cancel

i have many image folders :)

• Dec 25, 2004

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

Cancel

a large directory

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

• Dec 27, 2004
Cancel

From popular image sites, freinds, and random other places, I have probably four or five hundred folders. Then again about 90% of those are on disk. Yep the hdd is just for walls, and some pics for my screensaver.

• Dec 31, 2004

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.