Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 why it is hard to keep a promise? - Minitokyo

why it is hard to keep a promise?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Sherou

PrEcioUs~

why it is hard to keep a promise?

mm because human's nature maybe..

"Believe in Yourself"

i don;t think so.... u only can't keep a promise if u forget about it or can;t do it.... but so far i kept my promises i made

When she is crying, she seems so small. When she blushes, she's very cute. When she's mad, she's more than I can handle.

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

As people say

"a promise is easily made and easily broken"

Why? because its hard to keep a secret when we so want to tell. You tell one person the other tells the next. its so easy for a promise to become broken just as its easy to tell someone something and make them promise not to repeat it. Promises will always be easily broken, but as long as it stays in good hands its fine. but its just very hard for things to ever be private. thats just how the world works.

Signature

Redfalling4ever

Redfalling4ever

Sakura Kasugano

Well, i believe that it depends on what the promise is and who is in on it. And most of time when promises are broken is because people change, i mean i kept my promise but my friends didn't and thus we weren't friends anymore...and it can be human nature

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

It depends what the promise is.. honestly if it's something the person is very attached to and they promise not to do it again or use.. whatever case may be, it may very well end up in a broken promise.. because it is a habit somewhat. Person's values and interest play key in any decision they make, so I can't say one thing for sure.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

lemme have a try yeah? Ok.... first, to have a "secret" hiding deep in your mind will affect you mentally depending on what kind of secrets you've got. See.... if you're holding onto a good secret, then you are anticipated to reveal it. But if you're holding onto a bad secret... then you're trying hard to keep it hidden, and doing this means that your mind will affect your normal life as well, not only mentally.... but also physically.

i am sure you've had a good secret sometime in your life that made you so anticipated you couldn't hold it yeah? And i'm also sure you've got a bad secret that pretty much got revealed. See.... the human psyche are processed in different ways according to what knowledge we got, so that's why the saying "The truth will always show itself.".

now, just add promises and lies to the above description, and you've got it ^_^ ...but see, promises is said through different emotions. And also, a promise will exist until it's broken or fulfilled. Besides... promises and lies were also created by us humans. See... Promising affects the future, but the problem is.... the future is pretty dynamic now isn't it? Anything can happen during the time the promise is still active, so that's why it can be broken easily.
^_^ ...there ya go, well.... i'm tired... so sorry for the length yeah? Haha...

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

well, by saying u can accomplished the promise it shouldn't be a problem fulfilling it.

shhho

shhz!

because we are humans,.. and we are vulnarable to temptations... ooohh !!
we need to get out of them!!! :angry:

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote by DeviletIt depends what the promise is.. honestly if it's something the person
is very attached to and they promise not to do it again or use..
whatever case may be, it may very well end up in a broken promise..
because it is a habit somewhat. Person's values and interest play key
in any decision they make, so I can't say one thing for sure.

Precisely, it depends. If it's a loosely made promise, it's bound to be broken. If it's made with extreme sincerity, it has a very low probability of being broken.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

yet it all depends on the "future"..... see, it's a very easy solution.... let's say.... someone makes this promise with "extreme sincerity". She/he dies.... the promise went bye bye.

let's rewind and take it again.... but this time with a "loosely" made promise. She/he dies.... the promise went bye bye.

same result in both.... because as long as the promise endure, the chances of it being broken are high. But as soon as it can be accomplished, the chances of it being broken are low ^_^ ...very easy, listen to Occam, haha....

Signature

Promises aren't hard to keep. People just need to make sure that they only make promises that they know they can keep. Problem is, people always make promises that they aren't even sure they can keep or not. That's why I really hate how people make promises so easily. If they're made so easy, they'll get broken easy.

Signature

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

depends on the sitaution about the promise you made.
if its really personal that affects u or ur friends much.
i would keep it as a secret and promise to not tell anybody about it.
but if its a promise that involes somebody liking another person that i knoe.
eh, you knoe me i would drag her/he to meet the he/her and
introduce to one another if they never met or known the person.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

usually a promise is broken because the person accidentally blurts it out without realizing it...also it happens when a person finds the secret so hard to keep in and wants attention by saying "hey you know what I heard?..." kind of thing to a group of people he/she wants to fit in with.

i think it's just human nature

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

=P To be honest it's depends on the person, if he/she devoted to the promise and HOW much the promise means to him/her.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

one of the reasons promises are hard to keep is because people make too many promises easily without thinking if they really wanted to make that promise or have the ability to carry out that promise. Hence, with so many promises flying around, one or two of them have a very high chance of being broken. (some people can be so big-headed they make the most crazy of promises!)
Like many people said already on this thread it depends on who you're making that promise to. I would always try my best to keep a promise to a friend because i value that friendship (plus it's a matter of personal honor! ^_^' )

shirahana

white flower

Why are they hard to keep? Probably because the person holding the secret cannot bear to bottle it up inside himself or herself any longer... You know how people say to never bottle things up? Because it can hurt you inside? Well, once that person tells someone else, he/she just relieved himself/herself of the pent-up feelings.... But now, the pent-up feelings reside in his/her friend, to whom the secret was told.... And the process continues.... o_o;

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

bakudan00

bakudan00

Tries to reveal his identity

We are not perfect so keeping a promise is a strugle for us. it's only a test for us. not a torture.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

sorry people im noticing a slight misunderstanding on the subject, a lot of the replies on this thread assumed that the promise is to keep a secret. However a promise can also be to do something, like promising to help out on something or promising to remember an anniversary.
We see the theme of promises a lot in anime, one highly memorable one for me is Keitaro's promise to go Tokyo U together with Naru in Love Hina. Promises are not necessarily to keep a secret.

eh...sometimes things just happen
u cant always control everythin so cant
always get wat u want or have everythin come out
the way u want it to
dats just the way life is...full of random things thrown at u
i really dont think its in human nature to break promises...
we alrdy have lots of crappy things on our list...do we
really need another...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.