Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube - Minitokyo

Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Yo all you Soul calibur samurais out there, i have a gamecube but im pondering of whether to get soul calibur 2 for it. my prime concern is if the gamecube controller is ok for the game. I have Capcom vs SNK 2 on it and i found the control awkward. Any form of advice is welcome.

This games is my favorite game of fighter

I say get it, its only 20 bucks. A must have, unless you got PS2, then its a bit less awkward. Gamecube controls are kinda funny at first compared to PS2 and Xbox(have played all 3 versions to at least some extent), but you adjust to it quickly. IMO its worth it unless you absolutely despise playing fighting games gamecube.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Quote by IchirouI say get it, its only 20 bucks. A must have, unless you got PS2, then
its a bit less awkward. Gamecube controls are kinda funny at first
compared to PS2 and Xbox(have played all 3 versions to at least some
extent), but you adjust to it quickly. IMO its worth it unless you
absolutely despise playing fighting games gamecube.

i dont hav an xbox or ps2 im afraid but if you say "you adjust to it quickly" i would assumed the controls are usable for the game. Maybe i will see if i could get it cheap.

controls are more than usuable, if you can play smash bros. melee without probs, then SC2 should be the same, especially since you don't need complicated movements to do moves, as opposed to something like Capcom Vs. SNK or something like that. Its cheap now no matter where you go, 20 bucks should be max price

SC2 is worth the buy. Very good game!
You won't regret it...unless you hate
fighting games ^_^'

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Quote by Ichiroucontrols are more than usuable, if you can play smash bros. melee
without probs, then SC2 should be the same, especially since you don't
need complicated movements to do moves, as opposed to something like
Capcom Vs. SNK or something like that. Its cheap now no matter where
you go, 20 bucks should be max price

Thanks for the feedback Ichirou, actually i also hav smash bros melee and the controls for that are a-ok. besides if the worst comes to the worst i could always use an arcade stick for it.
In reply to other replies on this thread, no i don't despise fighting games, i prefer 2d ones though (like the Street Fighter series) but Soul Calibur is a series i've been following so i thought i'd buy it.

I'm a fighting game enthusiast, and so are my friends. Between the group of us we got all the major consoles, and the same games on them as well in some cases (such as sc2). I'm an old school 2D person as well, though SC and tekken are 2 3D fighter series I really enjoy. I prefer D-pad to analog any day, one of the reasons why I enjoy SC2 on any system.

triofpwr

triofpwr

the dr.d of pain

very good game i'd say get it

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I'd say the PS2 version controls a little better than the Gamecube version, however the inlcusion of Link more than makes up for that tiny shortcoming.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

kumori

kumori

-.-;

look...soul caliber 2 is the best fighting game besides SSBM for the gamecube, the controls are very simple, and link is definitely the best out of all the secret characters...

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

It's a good game but i still haven't played it for gamecube. I still wanna play as Link though!! XD

NachoKun

Patron of Pocky

I've also played all three versions,
GC version is pretty good, one of the best (if not the best) fighters for that system
the handling is good and graphics are smooth and link!!! :D
the controler is pretty good (i'm biased with PSX controlers)

over all a must for fighters that got the GC

"As the raven is born of its own, so does kindness beget kindness" ~ Mareg (excerpt from Grandia II )

"Wether it grew from a need for vengeance, or from deciding to run fom something... Strength is still Strength" ~ Satsuki Yotsuba (Negima! Magister Negi Magi)

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

glad to hear so many positive comments on the gc version, most likely i'll get the game for Christmas.
But is the control with the analog stick ok to pull off certain moves? in my experience Soul Calibur have a lot of moves that need quick taps on the directional control, the D-pad on the GC is too small for me (it's too small for just about everyone actually!) and the analog doesn't hav the quick response of an arcade stick.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

For this fighting game in particular, I prefer the GC controller over the others. FYI, I normally prefer PS2 controller for fighting games, but this one is a special case.

Signature

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I shared your concern about the GC controller in the beginning too, but don't worry! You'll get used to it quickly, and be brutalizing friends in no time. If you still don't like it, I think you can use the uber tiny d-pad... but I wouldn't recommend it.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

I use Talim and Cassandra
I love soul calibur 2 very much

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

i play the xbox version of the game, and i got totally owned on the GC, but i guess thats because im not used to the controls... , but i played super smash brothers on the GC and i have no problems with that. (both great games btw) i think the gc controller is not bad so it should be ok

Whakapunaka

Whakapunaka

blueberry pie...mmmmmm

the controls r good on the gc just gotta get used to them thats all and the gc soul calibur 2 is the best because of the bonus character (link!!!hell YEH XD)

Signature
moderator of Naruto-Club
proud member of Nintendo-Love
best-doujinshi
proud member of Games
administrator of Bruce-Lee

He who has faith in the lord, from his heart will flow rivers of living water....

To make the cube controls easier, put the X+Y combo into the R button, and the B+Y throw into the L button, as these are the hardest things to do with the cube controller.

Signature

for controler issues with the gamecube, just get one of these bad boys
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-77-2-15-hori-70-21i-43-1g.html
it works wonders for me in both SCII and Marvel vs SNK.

btw.........LINK>ALL. gamecube is the best version of the game!

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.