Fanart Wallpapers?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I'm just wondering, because I have made a few, but haven't posted them on MT because when you post your files it emphasizes them being YOUR work. So I wanted to know what the policy on making wallpapers from fanarts was here...? Do you need the original artists site at the very least? Or do you need full permission? I'm just wondering if it will be okay to share wallpapers I've made using fan-arts here... and if there are any rules I should follow with it...?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Cancel

I believe if it's your own work even if you used little clips or images from other wallpapers. it alright as long as you dont use any one elses wallpaper or any otheres sites wallpaper(original that is). I know for a fact that you cant share other website wallpapers because ima restricted member now :( , but if it's your own work it kewl just look at my Initial D wallpaper of the Sil80 and the girls of impact blue. i took a couple pics into photoshop chopped them up and wahla Initial D wallpaper. Hope this answers your question......

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Project_D/Macross Plus WP.jpg

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

No, it doesn't. Of course I'd never use someone else's WALLPAPER.

I'm asking if it's alright to use someone else's fanart in a wallpaper you make yourself...
This is an offsite linking to a wallpaper I'd like to submit(that I made), but am not sure of the rules for. The focal image is someone's fan-art ~NOT MY OWN~ I lost the original site because I found this image years ago though... would it be okay to post something like this?
http://img34.exs.cx/img34/6232/Hameln.th.jpg

Signature

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

Cancel

well the condition is that if you have permission to use that fanart from the maker / site where you get it or some kind of confirmation from the owner, you'll be fine. But of course, you will have to site where did you you get the image from afterwords through. ^^

I think that image is fine. but check with a mod just to be sure. "trust me, you don't wana mess with anyone of them, believe me I know (had a run in with one before) lol... XD ."

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Which is why I posted this thread. And why I haven't posted anything that I didn't think was/or at least could have been, scanned legetimately from a doujin or something mass-produced in some way. Doujins are fan-art, but they are sold paper-copies of art to people who can do what they want in the end... ^_^ So I think I'll keep my fan-art wallpapers off the MiniTokyo server. Maybe I'll html a page for them on my site or something...

Signature

Izukio

Izukio

Wave Sovereign of Mintaka

Cancel

This brings up a question for me. How do you know if it's fanart? I mean if it doesn't say one th pic, and it doesn't say on the site, then how do you know it's fanart? I mean of course if it it's a really good one.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Well... I think I just have an eye for fan-art... there's usually some telling sign.... That particular image original has a signature I can't make out that ended up getting blended. And the actual way it's done and the outfit and the style of the wings suggests that it's fanart... I mean he's not that bishie when he grows his wings... And another thing is if it's shounen-ai. Most Shounen-ai is fanart unless the series it's from is shounen-ai... or has at least one gay character and all that...

Fanart is normally clearly labelled unless the site your getting it from is an image collection site. Then art is not clearly labelled and just divided into categories of theme. And if it's from an unofficial japanese site, never use it for anything but sharing with friends privately or your own personal collection, 'cuz they get really annoyed when Americans stumble around their sites, steal their art and post them elsewhere with no credit given whatsover because American's can't read japanese so wouldn't be able to give a name even if they tried.

Sometimes fanart's CAN be really good, in fact almost exactly like official works, but coloring and the eyes and the hair can be rather telling... You just have to be really familiar with a series to be able to tell the difference in the end.

Signature

Cancel

hay algunos fan art qe inclusive son mejores qe los originales, tal y como ocurre en kof qe los dibujos originales la verdad no me gustan para nada pero otras versiones por aficionados en realidad qeda muy bien

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Quote by alucardvladqe are some fan art inclusively are better qe the original ones, so and as I happen in kof qe the original drawings the truth in fact do not like for anything but other versions by fans qeda very well
~BabelFish Translation~

Some fan art ARE better than the original, very true... Like the style of the BECK anime is so much better than the manga... same with Elfen Lied. And then there's a PowerPuff Girl online Doujinshi that is done in beautiful anime style using a lot of Cartoon network Characters with a much better look to them.

And the Final Fantasy Fanarts are also much nicer than the original Amano portraits... You can get some really beautiful things...

Signature

lens-seph

lens-seph

-Planeswalker-

Cancel

yes...I was also wondering about this...since I like making wallpapers out of my friends' artworks on DeviantArt..^^;

Signature

Cancel

I think you need full permission from the artist who actually made it, and that's normal ^^.
If you ask them, most will be glad to let you wall it and share it with others, as long as you credit them of course :) . At least I was very happy when some ppl here used my sketches for walling ^^. So if the artist is a friend ( from here or somewhere else ) there shouldn't be any problem. But if you haven't even contacted them, then you shouldn't post it here or anywhere else, stealing art is bad, and originals even more >_<.

• Dec 03, 2004

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.