Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Musical? - Minitokyo

Favorite Musical?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Saw some Phantom of the Opera trailers recently so I thought I'd toss this up. I have a few favorites mostly Rogers & Hammerstein:

Cinderella, Oklahoma, South Pacific, and Grease!

cloudcherry

cloudcherry

...CherryBerry...

I luv grease!!! and Chicago....but my fave is My Fair Lady starring Audrey Hepburn!!!!
I luv that film the songs are awesome and even though its quite old its so funny! ^______^

Slinky + Esculator = Everlasting Fun

Signature
.:Spirited Away:. .:Express:. .:Canvas:. .:MT's:. .:Wallie:.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Oh, yes yes yes! The Phantom of the Opera, by far. The music alone is enough to make me cry. ^_^ I definitely encourage you to go see the movie, you won't regret it. ^_^

Arghable, I've yet to see either Chicago or Phantom of the Opera since most of my friends are guys, they don't really want to go out and see musicals. ;_;

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

You haven't seen the Phantom of the Opera?!?! :o You're missing a lot.

Even if people hate classical styled music will say they loved the music of Phantom of the Opera. I recently saw it at Broadway, the cast was absolutely wonderful! Especially Erik the Phantom. You should really see it.

As for the movie version of it they are showing in December, I have no idea how that would be since Gerald Butler has a heavy Irish accent and the story takes place in Paris........ XD

In terms of plot and story, I really love the book the best. There is only so much one can show in a 2.5 hour musical. So, lots of good things were cut out or changed. So, read the book too if you love the musical after seeing it. I'm looking for the original French version. It'll be taugh, since I'm only in French III - H, but, hey, love the story! :D

Les Miserable are great too if you like Phantom of the Opera. 42nd Street and Chicago are great if you like jazz. I really didn't like Grease that much. But that's just me. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are pretty much similar to their cartoon counterparts. If you like Julie Andrew, myabe check out Sound of Music or Mary Poppins.

Signature

Oh! Les Miserable! I still need to see that and rent Chicago >< I took three years of French too, watching Phantom of the Opera with subtitles would be nice. ;p

I've seen Sound of Music, Marry Poppins, and Victor/Victoria with Julie Andrews. ;p She's also in Shrek 2 as the Queen ^_^!

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

HUGE fan of musicals, favorites would have to be, 42nd street, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Chicago, Man a la Mancha, Les Miserable, Grease, Guys and Dolls, Sound of Music, Seussical the Musical, was alright if u like Dr.Suess, Mama Mia , and Oklahoma. i could on and on.... lol.... like i said huge fan of musicals.... ^_^'

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

Yo, Phantom of the Opera all the way! I love it! Awesome stuff. Hm... and the Sound of Music. But Phantom owns all the rest!

Dude, you know a lot of old movies were Musicals...like a lot of them just had song and dance in them. *________* Like Singing in the Rain <33333333333 and Brigadoon. I have to say Gene Kelly movies are my fave.

lifini

lifini

the blue moon warrior

my favorite music would have to be Cats, but i also like Phantom of the Opera... i've seen the movie twice, but i'd like to see it in a theater, but i doubt that will happen. my marching band is doing a Phantom show next year, and it's going to be so freakin' awesome!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I didn't understand the purpose of Cats. I go through like 30 minutes of it before losing interest.

Hands down, Moulin Rouge. It mixes awesome songs to a new sound, has fantastic actors with even better voices, and has a story line that makes me cry every time. I have to say, it beats Phantom of the Opera for me.. and I LOVE Phantom of the Opera.

Signature Image

My favourite is with no doubt Moulin Rouge! Grat actors and cool music...what can I ask more?

Signature Image

wolfsfreak09

wolfsfreak09

humans are foolish

my favorite is grease and phantom of the opera they are soooo cool!!!!!! and since i live in st.louis missouri i get to see the phantom of the opera soon at the fox theater ^_^

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.