Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is everybody in here kids under the age of 20 - Minitokyo

is everybody in here kids under the age of 20

page 1 of 1 24 total items

i mean come on, the must be some one who remembers the old anime's those who were not commercialized, those who were shown on tv, but without the big salestrip behind them
i have seen no one remembering an oldie like the samurai pizza cats

it was a big success among kids and such, but never really made it to dvd or vhs, however it has finally come with the first dvd

come on people show that you have a little history and arent just a bunch of sissy's sitting arround and just doing nothing

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

i'm not a sissy... but i'm sitting around and just doing nothing... hehehehe... ^_^' ....man, what's your point anyway mate? You didn't ask anything, so i can't answer anything.... but sure, old anime like Bio-booster armor Guyver? Patlabor? ...what else....Dominion Tank Police? Ranma maybe? Or maybe Cobra? Haha.... Cobra was and still is great... ^_^

Signature

brx

brx

mostly harmless

I guess I fell in love with anime too late (I am 19, soon 20) :) (or maybe, at the right time? :p)
i actually don't like the old drawing styles. :(

. hey anne, I'm waiting..
. me, my unbroken self carved in stone.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

yeah... watching old anime and manga could be compared with watching the 80's Simpsons or something ^_^' heh.... my point being, it kind of sucks.... hahahaha... XD ...but i prefer how it looks like now... clean and cool...

Signature

i've been watching anime on tv since i was 10. shows like macross, mospeada, transformers etc... but i only became an anime fan (or addict) when i was 17. only after that i learned to appreciate the old school animes.

Robotech, mospaeda series, attack of the invid, robotech the movie (the one with the modat 5), police tank, sin city, fist of the north star, a few of the old style anime that i've watched during my kiddy days but i really truelly only fell in love with anime about a year and half ago so i must've missed out alot in between. Oh well those were the good ol days (when you start talking like this, then you know your getting to old for this stuff)

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

aa... fist of the north star was pretty good.... not bad, i even saw "the movie" transformation of it... pretty good, heh... although, i still thinks the new ones are better. But you could run from the oldies, but never hide from them yeah? hahaha.... Fist of the north star..... Cobra.... what more..... Crying Freeman i liked as well.... good manga.

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Me - I don't watch anime unforunately. That's the shocking part about me here. Yeah, I know... silly me... lol

I only like to download anime because of the nice artistry it entails. Speaking of which, the only real anime I ever watched was the entire Cardcaptors Series. That's about it. ^^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Teknoman was probably the very first anime I saw, along-side the Pizza Cats... Hmm... maybe the original Transformers (where Optimus was a truck, not some fire engine).

HTML Coding Hates Me...

my question was actually if anyone knew the old anime called samurai pizza cats?, i guess i didn't make that clear enough but old anime doesn't suck, much of that we get on tv now a days are just commercialized bullshit, where they want you to buy a whole series of items or other stuff

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Sure seen it when I was younger I didn't know that was considered anime! but somethings about them look nice, I like polly even have a pic of her in my comp this day, Cute (post here when I get home and back)

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Quote by CelessaMe - I don't watch anime unforunately. That's the shocking part about
me here. Yeah, I know... silly me... lol
I only like to download anime because of the nice artistry it entails.
Speaking of which, the only real anime I ever watched was the entire
Cardcaptors Series. That's about it. ^^

That's shocking indeed!!
Anyhow Cardcaptor is a sheerly lovely Series > <. I can see why it became your only ever watched anime.

Quote by cerberus20my question was actually if anyone knew the old anime called samurai
pizza cats?, i guess i didn't make that clear enough but old anime
doesn't suck, much of that we get on tv now a days are just
commercialized bullshit, where they want you to buy a whole series of
items or other stuff

The definition of old anime could vary. Something my little cousin consider old animes is intrinsically calssics to me. Someday what you fulminate now would become old animes ( also classics if good enough ) too. We all have our nostalgia ^ ^
postscriptum I think being kid under 20 is wonderful. I'm almost not, and I am regretful for it.

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Samurai pizza cats rules, it made me laugh so much!

well i don't see it as a problem getting older than 20, i enjoy getting there, the thing with age and power just keeps hanging together, just for anargument to that about being over 20.

then the part of nostalgie - well we should remember the good old animes the classics and those even older that are almost considered being a nostalgie to remember, i have watched many good animes in my time (which i want to remember and am good at remembering) and then those bad over commercialized ones (e.g. Transformers, Bey-blade, Duel-masters,Yu-gi-oh, pokemon, digimon( i hope i don't need to mention further to let you know the types i mean)) i hate when they just put up a new anime or cartoon, just to sell more redicolous plastic toys
i havent seen that many of the uncommercialized so can't give that many examples of them, (only one i can remember just now, is chobits(quite funny and quite good too)) that is what i see as what we should have but haven't got too much of

-Timber

-Timber

glass guru

I've got ya beat by a long time......I'm 33. The first anime style cartoon I can remember seeing on Saturday mornings was the Mighty Orbots. Probably not true anime....but it's pretty close.

http://well-of-souls.com/orbots/orbots.htm

Not sure if other shows like Voltron count as anime either, but I remember seeing some episodes.

Signature

ilovepinkhair

ilovepinkhair

O.o MAHAHAH

^_^ i remeber samurai pizza cats i like that show i don't remeber any of the episodes it was so long ago ^_^' , i believe they work in a pizza place and when they had to go save the world they were shot outta the pizza place in a canon or something i think :sweat:

:D hee hee hee hee

TaMa

TaMa

Save a tree, burn a book!

I'm basicly just a sizzy sitting around doing nothing xd
i have absolutely no idea what this "samurai pizza cats" is =P
The oldest anime i've seen is a movie called "Castle in the Sky" from 1986 =S

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Im confused. Like Xandy said, you didnt even make a point or ask a question. But, im only 14 and i like older looking anime more than newer. Stuff like Cyborg 009 and Lupin III is just awesome. Also, i like new anime that looks old, it makes a statement. Plus, older anime tend to be better story wise than recent anime.

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

NachoKun

Patron of Pocky

i remember Mazinger Z, now THAT is old
and yes, lost of people have gotten into anime lately, because it's more main stream (or at least the more popular and less politically incorrect are :P)

there are a lot of anime that are oldies but goodies and yes they dont get as much attention as say... One Piece, DBZ, YugiOh, Naruto... why because the newer generations never got to see them, and the way theyre hyped and over sold does affect alot

anyone that remembers the original transformers was crazy about getting a Die Cast Optimus Prime or a Megatron, as much as new people want a leaf village naruto bandana or the cutest resin figure of **place cute female lead from new pop series**

just enjoy anime for what it is, heck if you cant find domestic dvd's buy imports or download the series, you'll enjoy them anyway :P

**goes off to oogle his Motoko from Love Hina die cast figure**

"As the raven is born of its own, so does kindness beget kindness" ~ Mareg (excerpt from Grandia II )

"Wether it grew from a need for vengeance, or from deciding to run fom something... Strength is still Strength" ~ Satsuki Yotsuba (Negima! Magister Negi Magi)

shhho

shhz!

im 19 this year... been watching animes on and off thru out my life..
old ones.. hmm
i remember lodoss wars.. saintseiya.. doraemon haha..
and a small cute furry ball anime... forgot what's the title of that anime already.. ^_^'

blueboy21

Here have a cookie!

Quote by xandmani'm not a sissy... but i'm sitting around and just doing nothing...
hehehehe... ^_^' ....man, what's your point anyway mate? You didn't ask
anything, so i can't answer anything.... but sure, old anime like
Bio-booster armor Guyver? Patlabor? ...what else....Dominion Tank
Police? Ranma maybe? Or maybe Cobra? Haha.... Cobra was and still is
great... ^_^

Yes I'm 19 going 20 and yes I remeber the older ones but... ,

Quote by brxi actually don't like the old drawing styles. :(

for the most part thats how I feel about some them.

what\'s your Mission?
Blue out, bye ;P

Signature

i bought a dvd, from a company that put out the samurai pizza cats on dvd last year, the bad side was i had to pay like 20$ + 10$ in transport for then to find out that it was region coded, so could only watch it on my computer with windvd, bcs it had the region code installed

samurai pizza cats was a humourous anime from 1990 (i was 6 years old then) about 3 cats who worked on a pizza restaurant(polly, speedy and guido), meanwhile they were also superheroes, and when trouble started they jumped in to a secret slide in three ovens where they changed armor and was then shot out through a giant cannon
polly's special was her claws and hearts that she could shoot out
speedy had 2 magical shurikens and could cut any of the giant robots over with his special move
guido had an umbrella, with which he could shoot out superheated sunwaves or hypnotizing rays

the evil ones
Big cheese - is a part drag queen (likes to dress up as a gisha) and is the evil boss who tries to take over little tokyo (the city where they all live)
Bad Bird - the leader of the crows and is the mercinary of big cheese, a warrior that always is a pain in the ass to the three kitties

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/783/polly1.jpg
Here she is, just cute XD

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

I'm 19, and I like anime for the storylines, rather than drawing style...although I admit I do like how newer series are "cleaner" and the frames don't shake or anything.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.