Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 about the deleted scans - Minitokyo

about the deleted scans

page 1 of 1 17 total items

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

This is only my theory...
but I think it's quite true...
Most scans that gets deleted even though it has many +favs in it, and has been long in MT, is a result of new scans of the same pic, posted recently by someone else, with higher resolutions... better quality, and so on.
I know, I don't submit scans... but I do hang out in the scan sections often, and I checked on the newly submitted scans, but for some reason I just can't report dupe scans because someone might get insulted of that.. and would end up in another 'Why was my scans get deleted...' post or such...
I'm already tired of ppl posting the same thread again and again complaining about those deletions, and I think sometimes the mods don't give sufficient explanations on the matter, well, maybe because they're dealing with thousands of new scans per day... that's kinda busy...

Just let it be, ppl... if your scan, lets just say it has been in the galleries for months, and someone else p4wned it, you can just use the support inquiry and ask the mods personally rather than posting it in the forums. You can also ask about the person who reported that scan, and maybe you can ask him/her about the reason of the report/deletion.
And please don't take the matter personally... that makes the atmosphere kinda unpleasant... it's not like, it's the only scan that you have, isn't it? more arguing with the mods will only gives you a new title (y'know what I mean,... restricted, banned, and so on...), no use.. and they'll close the thread anyways..

so, what I'm suggesting is that the mods give exact reason why the scans get deleted, by providing links, or factual comparisons, closing a thread and saying 'We have checked on it, and yours is of a lower quality' doesn't help much... it will only make the person upset.
and for the scanner members, please, no more of those threads... just accept it, or contact the mods directly thorugh the support inquiry. We already have lots of such posts in the forums, and I think most of them gets closed anyways...
I think that's all I want to say.

You are welcome to close this thread if it's useless..
I'm just saying what I had in mind.
sorry for my crappy English >_<

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Miyu-DX

Miyu-DX

WhatEveR...

well, i had about 4-5 scans deleted, i know its not alot, well, actually, what im dissapointed is that, the mod doesnt give enough specific info why the scans got deleted, i think Korg said the best, why not give the link for comparison, well, i submit scan for the intention of sharing it here and hope some1 may make a good wall out of them, its not that i want to aim for level(trust me! i know its hard to believe XD , but we are here for the comunity rite?), i mean, what use that for? already past level 10 and we can download scan,rite? err...., and its almost impossible to know wether the scan i submit has been posted before or not, well..., to be honest im just too lazy to check the scan section coz im not too into the scan gallery.but, i think it would be great if when our scan got deleted, the mods will state the specific reason, whether my scan are a duped of other or already posted by some1,or maybe in a bad quality, just say the exact reason, not state all 10 reasons at once, coz im too confused wether my scan are bad quality,duped or sth else. Oh, and i almost always say this when i submit a scan: if some1 noe that this scan already been submitted by some1 else, please be kindly enough to let me kno
thanks for letting me state my opinion

This...is something that I kinda support. One thing I already had engraved in my mind is that if someone has something deleted, there is a reason. Most ppl don't understand that. They always say "But my is of better quality " or like "It's bigger ". Canit ppl, there's always a reason. Once this is known by the scanner, there won't be anymore threads :)

ps: Korgie, your English is fine.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

wow!!! ...that's deep!!! ...i'm agree with that! ^^

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

It's true that the mods don't give suficiant information on why a scan was deleted. Infact, the mods give these reports via botChii, and botChii only gives a vague list on why it was deleted. Though, you are right about going to the support inquiry section to complain about it, not here in the forums. It does leave a bad atmosphere when someone complains about it.

However, I can understand if someone complaining after having their scan deleted after recieving many favs on it, as it will kill several levels. Any way, it's only a scan. It's nothing to get offended over. I've had about 10 scans deleted, my reaction was "What! Why? Oh well, beyond caring, theres a better one out there now!"

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

korgie ...
me also not submit any good scan here
in fact mine was del too ^_^'
from there, i make up my mine not to post any scan anymore
coz it's feel like survival of the fittest in there
the strong (the better scan quality) 'eat' the weak (the lower quality)
i make wall for that reason, coz the wall can't be double and can't bein del (if only u make it for urself, if not bai - bai)
ur suggest is really nice, bout the

Quote by KorganoSso, what I'm suggesting is that the mods give exact reason why the scans get deleted, by providing links, or factual comparisons

i agree with that ^^
thx for share ur mind in here

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

I think that this post was created by my last topic :D
Before going to sleep i simply say that:

Im not crying for my scans...i dont care if they will be on line again..i can live without them, a level was choped (damnit..level 50...nine to go :P)? no probs...i have more scans to to do and put online :D and i must say...im the one that reported them :D All i wanted is a simply clear reply nothing less...nothing more....for something that i have found strange after weeks here and you are not the only one thinking that this kind of "why deleted my scan" is very sick, infact it was very hard for me to write it because i know that was mixed with the other millions topics, topics that i really hate to read too....i know how is hard the work of moderator in big site bicause im doing the same in many sites (the moderator life is hard and without monoey :P) You are right when you say that we have to use the report o the direct contact but sadly...there isnt only one man/girl that check them but many and is hard to know who do it...writing the same thing many times will be tiring for the writer and for the reader :D

As say by you and Miyu i think that a clear reason will bannish any doubt...and if someone still complaint..then i will be the first to kick his/her ass (gently with the girls)

Then after for all that commotion (sorry for that but i cant shut my mouth always) i go to sleep :D

Ps. sorry for my latenight english too

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I find the descriptions for deletion quite clear actually. [Bot]Chii either states it was deleted because of low quality OR double OR ripping, just one of these reasons is stated.
It may be true that in case of a doue, a link to the double entry would be nice.

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Actually, I think you're mistaken about asking who reported the scan. I suppose it's just for walls or doujin, because once when I asked about who reported my scan, they couldn't tell me because they couldn't remember.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

maybe the real problem, is not the scan's or the number of scans here!!!, the fact is when you notice that your scan is deleted your level go down!!! all people here likes to have more level!!! ^^ if in the system of MT exist the algorithm for mantain the level, maybe the problem is solved!!! :D ...that's my opinion!!!

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Whilst were on the scan subject... most of the SEED scans come from here.

http://www.gun-plus.com/gallery/index.php?id=pics_seed3

:P

but the only one I've seen cry about their stuff getting deleted was pinkspider. Cept it wasn't his... and he was screaming over it...

but I agree with you on this whole topic. You have to agree, when your scan gets deleted, don't you get this vibe that makes you feel fear all over you?

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I believe there should be a viable solution to this problem. If they delete your scan, you should maybe get around 30% of what it was worth or something like that. Doesn't it feel awful that you lose everything just because your scan was there first, and over time it has gotten better and better with +fav and comments, just to see it wiped off the internet for good? What about all those hard earned levels you gained over time? Hm...

Well in that case I think something should be done. Maybe if scans exist past 3 weeks or something like that, we get an automatic level boost or keep part of our % if indeed our submitted scans gets deleted? Hm...

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

Hm...I personally think the mods have enough to do. But, giving a more descriptive reason would help. Anyhow, I feel like people who past scans should take the time and effort to see if the scan already exists. The other day, I had posted a KH one, and while I was browsing, I saw the same one. I'm not sure if it was posted before me, but even though it had a couple favorites, I figure'd I'd delete it anyhow. Users need to be more responsible for what they do.

XDarkDestinyX

XDarkDestinyX

Forgotten Dreamer

Yeah... I just had a scan that many people had like, and it had many many faves, but it's gone now since it was a "double". Kinda made me sad since alot of people liked it. More infomation would be nice on why it was deleted, not just vague reasons. My lvl went doen about a lvl and half...or so..but that doesn't matter to me. I just though I had a nice scan...and many people had faed it.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by KorganoSso, what I'm suggesting is that the mods give exact reason why the
scans get deleted, by providing links, or factual comparisons, closing
a thread and saying 'We have checked on it, and yours is of a lower
quality' doesn't help much... it will only make the person upset.

Too much work. I'm sorry, but honestly, please just try to accept that your scan was deleted for a very good reason. We file reports and delete scans dozens of times a day. The majority of people accept the deletion of their scan. Trying to remember the scan and providing links to duplicates is close to impossible. Once a report's been filed, it's gone.

So basically, people have to learn that scans are deleted for a reason and not just because we feel like it.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Im here again after a sleep and just before going to work :d

i think that not all user (like me)are really worried about losing levels and after gaining the level 10 nothing really mater...

All i want is to give people someting nice and maybe hard to find around and all my scans are from my personal collection and im must admit that some of them are very hard to scan but i try it anyway.

I know too that fill an automated reply make is the works of the mods here and that is basilar the responsibility of user to check the gallery to find doubles and if sometimes is very hard to do that (when there are many pics) is something that all have to do (me to i havent noticed some doubles of mine and dont worried about the delete...just say" argh...i was blind...how stupid") but is important too that not all people in a comunity like a cold reply and someone must admit that after reading many times a message like "your scan was deleted because there is another one first" and your is hold 3 weeks and the new one that replaced it is 16 hours ago a ilttle question mark appear in the mind :D

Maybe a better message will be good but still thinking that all user (old and new) have to take check what they do :)

Radeonator

not here, not now.

Thank god i'm not post any scan yet......

deleting bad quality scans? sounds good to me, MT shouldn't be full by crappy scans, it's a good decision, I think........

=Im here temporarily, please dont visit or leave any message.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.