Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stupid computers and their problems - Minitokyo

Stupid computers and their problems

page 1 of 1 11 total items

There are moments when I would just throw my computer throught the window. The one I have now is new, is not even 1 month old but yesterday for some unknown reason it crashed, it started giving errors all the time and had to end up reinstalling Windows 2000.
Do you usually have problems with your computers o they usually work fine for you?

Mmm

Mmm

Mmm....

Mine usually works fine. Although at times I get annoying errors that close all my webpages in all windows. THere is also one where no interenet page shows just blankness. Although these are more related to the internet

do you have anti virus installed
maybe a bad power source and it can cause system errors

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I've had problems with systems before, but it can be reduced a number of ways.

- Up to date os.
- Always update OS, anti-virus and other drivers.
- don't install third party rubbish.
- defrag once a month.

:)

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

I had unfixable problems with multiple computers. They'd lock up during extremely intense system usage and become unstable after a week or so of running...

So I switched to Linux :p

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

I had unfixable problems with multiple computers. They'd lock up during extremely intense system usage and become unstable after a week or so of running...

So I switched to Linux :p

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

I used a Linux once but i find it a bit difficult to use. It was a version that runs from cd, and you don't have to install it so it was quite slow and you have to write lots of commands.

NerdyPenguin

NerdyPenguin

Smarter than the average penguin

Every computer has problems, regardless of the operating system, anti-virus/anti-spyware, or user. The question isn't really *if* you have problems, but *how often* or *how bad* those problems are.

When I was still running Windows, I had alot of problems, most of them coming from 3rd party software. Windows tends to be pretty bad with 3rd party programs, from what I've seen. Yet if you had to buy an expensive, proprietary program for everything you want to do under Windows, you'd end up breaking the bank.

I had far less problems running the Mac OS X machines at work. With 40+ computers, I've had perhaps 3 kernel panics over two years, and had to reinstall perhaps 5 systems (not counting when upgrading the OS) at most...mostly because of stupid mistakes the other computer teacher makes. Of course, there are few third-party programs I have running under these systems...only Firefox for web access and Blender when I was teaching the teen workshop at summer camp, plus a simple web blocker to cut out some inappropriate sites.

For my own system, I Gentoo Linux. Gentoo does have problems, mostly beacuse its designed that way; unlike other Linux distros that are made to be easy to install and administer, Gentoo is designed so the user has full control to the system. Of course, this means that everything has to be done by hand; there's no "easy" way of doing things. I went through a few installations of Gentoo before I found the right set of programs and settings, but now that I'm set up there's no need to reformat. That's not to say I don't get errors at all, but they tend to be limited to specific programs or features, and can usually be fixed by uprgrading/downgrading the appropriate program, or a change in a configuration file.

"...one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs."
-- Robert Firth

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a
thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually
turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Ah computers, you have to love it. I work with computers so yes I can a number of ones that I would love to throw against a wall. Mine at home usually work fine occasionally the hiccup every now and then but nothing that I cant handle.

I almost never have problems with my computer. It never crashes or anything.

Signature Image

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

my computer always gives me problem too.. my friend says its the incompatibility with the motherboard..
I installed photoshop cs and I could not use it at all~!
and my computer lacks ram now and I can't wait till I change most parts completely
but still my computer only crashes when I am burning a disc and watching a video..

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.