Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I'm so sick of it all! | Cry me a river - Minitokyo

I'm so sick of it all! | Cry me a river

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Ironically, as soon as I made my last comment the site got super fast for me (<1 sec. page loads), but is not back to 10-20 sec. loads -_- I feel like I'm in the MT twilight zone!!

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Damn,this thread make me feel bad and I don't even come here to do that stuff.For the most part,especially about the rippers,spammers and leechers.Damn them lazy good for nothin' jerkoffs!!! Ok, now let's hope people start to comprehend what you're getting at here and don't start complaining as much.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

yeah, hoping is always something... but when "will" is not put in action co-operating, then the results will be pretty.... low. Jin is the way he is, people are the way they are... besides, i don't think giving a warning would accomplish too much... ;_; Just look at the recent forum topics.... i keep seeing the same "What's your fav... blablablabla" over and over....

Signature

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

About the server speed issue, I often considered donating because I really want MT becoming better but in fact, the more speed you give, the more it's consummed in no time by the people. So maybe it's pointless... :(

Red

Red

Red Lee

omg, this would be my most favorite thread of all time.
it pains me to see some great walls done by other great wallers who get their wallpapers uploaded by some stupid member.
that was few of the reasons i withdrawn activity ...... it feels bad to see a veteran's wp being ripped, and seen in a community like MT.

We hate spam of all sort. They add clutter to any community.
I think the levels became as a stimulant for one stupid member to spam. Anyone who runs a community with a gallery with it, will have to deal with members who spam.

Leeching, ah the uncontrollable thing.
it's an addiction really.

Rips, Spams, Stolen images, bad quality content are major things that damages the reputation of a community.

And any one who runs a big community WILL GET angry for stupid members. Members think they have rights in a community once they get to do what they are supposed to do, to get what they want.

But really everything still lies on those who run the place.
It is annoying to even read members complaining about how a community is ran, when they don't really have any investment in it.

If they donate money heck maybe.
Topic rating: 4 stars.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

This boy is cracking up
This boy has broken down, ha yhaha
This boy is cracking up
This boy has broke down

*snickers*

i commend the staffs effort... You guys are true masochists. What MT could need is a "Lets hug a Mod day."

Meanwhile

The leechers keep leeching.
the "spanish/hispanic/latio/what-the-fuck-ever-you-are" people skipped your text and still haven't got a clue.
And the people who consider to make a donation .. are still considering it.

[sarcasm mode]

Quote by SandyAbout the server speed issue, I often considered donating because I really want MT becoming better but in fact, the more speed you give, the more it's consummed in no time by the people. So maybe it's pointless... :(

Gawd you have to love the logic of ..

donating = making MT faster.
Faster MT = More People
More People = Slowing down MT

So lets NOT donate .. must be a w.... nm ..

I want a refund .. MT gets faster that .. way @@ [bangs head on keyboard]

[/sarcasm mode]

!!! JUST DONATE ALREADY !!!!

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

nah man... topic rating 5/5 stars.... righteously ^_^ i agree that this is my favorite thread of all time as well, haha...

well, i do spam alot, but it depends on how you look at it. I think it's mere conversations and clarifications actually... haha, but sure... there's those extremely trivial and unnecessary spam threads and posts out there. So i can agree with ya... it gets annoying to see the same and/or worthless things over and over.

concerning rippers, man... i detest this category..... i can't say anything about these 'cause what i keep thinking is ..... pain...... they...deserve...pain *imitating the dude in the movie A Knight's Tale* ^_^' heh...

man, if they donate money, that doesn't mean they can whine all they want, they're not running this place now yeah? ^_^ heh... but of course, donating is an act worth appreciation. And see... the logic in donating, getting a faster MT, more members... slower MT are true, although if the people wouldn't donate at all... MT would've been far slower.... and more people would whine and spam up all the forums.

Signature

Red

Red

Red Lee

Whining members remind me of DeviantArt when it started getting bigger and bigger. Until they got more crap. Members are the most inconsiderate sometimes.

If you don't like the place, you can just find another.
It's like the life of the stars in the universe, too many stars being absorbed in 1 galaxy and suddenly they go ... boom! and die.

MT can maybe limit the registration of new members monthly to maybe 30 newbies a month. Thatr's the least i can think of right now. Heck i got my own busines to do too ~__~

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

ROFL @ jin xd

i got past the stage of yelling at members, instead i let my banning powers do the talking >D

Signature

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by pano4th

Quote by Jinzhou And all of
these spanish/hispanic/latio/what-the-fuck-ever-you-are who submit
gallery items that are rips, screenshots, and other stupid things, open
up that god damn translator and put the rules in there and put it in
your language. No one cares if you're from another country and it's
hard to speak English. This is why we have online translators readily
available, to make it easier for us to communicate with each other.
Your Spanish means little to nothing to most of the members on MT.

Im a relatively new member and I really love this site... and I try to
follow the rules as best as I can and I try to give acknowledgements to
great art where its due ....and I totally agree with what Jinzhou had
to say about spammers, rippers, complainers, etc.
BUT I have to agree with what Aztec had to say about Jinzhou's racially
loaded comments against the Spanish speaking members and contributors
of this site. He singled them out in an unfair manner and his comments
bordered on racism.

Amen. I seriously used to love Jin, but i cant have any respect for someone who lashes out like that. Im very dissapointed. People just need to keep their thoughts and feelings to themselves, because when they are let out, they cause troubles people dont want to hear about. -sighs- Im sick of people -.-;

Also, perhaps Jin, you should rephrase the last section so it doesnt seem as offensive as it already is. I know you said you dont care, but rudeness like that is not needed. Lashing out at a specific race is uncalled for, even if you are a mod. Once again, im very dissapointed in you.

Quote by zpulse

The only reason the Spanish SEEM to be singled out is that they're most abundant, racism it is NOT, if you read better, Jin said it is addressed to whoever posts coments & replies in any language OTHER THAN English, whether weak at it or not...

But, he said "whatever the fuck you are" which makes him look like he thinks people of spanish speaking countries are not to be addressed properly. It made him look like he really doesnt care about the hispanic people here, and pointing them out, even if its just to show as an example. Seriously, he was being plain rude.

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

urdchan

goddess of fate

I looked at the beginning of this thread yesterday and thought about posting, but then thought it better not to. Now that I have seen some more, I feel compelled to wade into the discussion.

While I agree and understand where Jinzhou is coming from (being a UNIX/Network admin at a large company) I do think what was said was overly harsh and laced with a little more vitriol than needed. In a fair number of posts there seems to be a large amount of anger on the subject - don't get me wrong I understand the reasons. But when some of that anger seems to be drifting into hate, I grow rather tired of people ganging up on those who are seen as "bad".

Yes, it is clear that some members have little or no respect for the amount of work that the staff of this site must perform. It seems to me, however, that throwing that type of disrespect back - especially when applied with a rather broad brush, may be counterproductive. It almost becomes "us versus them"...I think there is enough of that already in our world.

Just my two cents.

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Just to clarify for those overly-sensitive members: I was directing my words not at JUST spanish people. I was directing it at everyone who doesn't speak English on the site. Did you notice I said the word "English" in like eight different languages? It's just that the spanish are the most common, and they seriously really don't care. So yeah, for those of you who care soooooooo much that I was "lashing out" at the spanish, I wasn't. And if you're speaking english on this thread (but are spanish) then I am NOT talking about you! I'm talking about the members who ONLY speak their native language. So don't get all bitchy when it's not even referring to you.

And as I said, I don't really care what you think of me and my rant because I felt it was needed, it blew of steam for I think ALL of the crew here at MT. And if you take it personally, well then that's your own damn fault.

And btw, I wasn't even mad when I wrote this, so just think when I truely get pissed off.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

scarletblack

scarletblack

.:When I see you again:.

Eeeh! This scares me! I hope to death I never do any of those things you said for any reason...

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Hey jin, first of all, i want to say that i agree in the fact that sapm, rip, and in general taking advantage of someone's work its really wrong.
But as a spanish speaker i can tell you somthing very important

Minitokyo.net has became an international and known forum, and it has people form all around the globe.
If the problem is that non-english speakers use this limitation as a shield to rip, spam, and the like we just have to ask to our community, there are many members who know other languages and that can redact those rules for everyone.

i think minitokyo has to start thinking big, this is not the old 500 member forum it was, it has really became much bigger and more important, it is known worlwide and it will be much more important in the future, as everything we as a virtual comunity have to adapt ourselves to the times approaching, as a proud member of MT im here to help, if you need the rules translated to spanish, if you need some spanish member scolded, ask me or any other in the hispanime group, the same goes for japanese, german, korean, and any other language.
Im willing to see MT become more that a site that rests in the shoulders of a few friends.

This is not the place to discuss about racial or discriminative issues, its the place to unite people around the beauty of anime and the art it can genere in each and everyone of us.
as UrdChan said:

Quote: It almost becomes "us versus them"...I think there is enough of that already in our world.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

HahahaHAAHH!!! Man... Jin is harsher than the devil himself.... haha.... hilarious.... and people, let Jin unwind this way, and stop whining aye? Look at it this way.... if he didn't do it like this.... then your asses would be banned from mt.... haha....

but i'm not taking sides, just pointing out some kickass points... heh ^_^
<_< *jin got his finger on the ban-button again* ^_^' heh... no more said... *gone*

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by JinzhouJust to clarify for those overly-sensitive members: I was directing my
words not at JUST spanish people. I was directing it at everyone who
doesn't speak English on the site. Did you notice I said the word
"English" in like eight different languages? It's just that the spanish
are the most common, and they seriously really don't care. So yeah, for
those of you who care soooooooo much that I was "lashing out" at the
spanish, I wasn't. And if you're speaking english on this thread (but
are spanish) then I am NOT talking about you! I'm talking about the
members who ONLY speak their native language. So don't get all bitchy
when it's not even referring to you.
And as I said, I don't really care what you think of me and my rant
because I felt it was needed, it blew of steam for I think ALL of the
crew here at MT. And if you take it personally, well then that's your
own damn fault.
And btw, I wasn't even mad when I wrote this, so just think when I
truely get pissed off.

That clearly makes sense. Anyone running their own site and realizing people going against the most fundamental rules will indeed drive those in charge extremely nuts.

Quote by Redomg, this would be my most favorite thread of all time.
it pains me to see some great walls done by other great wallers who get
their wallpapers uploaded by some stupid member.
that was few of the reasons i withdrawn activity ...... it feels bad to
see a veteran's wp being ripped, and seen in a community like MT.
We hate spam of all sort. They add clutter to any community.
I think the levels became as a stimulant for one stupid member to spam.
Anyone who runs a community with a gallery with it, will have to deal
with members who spam.
Leeching, ah the uncontrollable thing.
it's an addiction really.
Rips, Spams, Stolen images, bad quality content are major things that
damages the reputation of a community.
And any one who runs a big community WILL GET angry for stupid members.
Members think they have rights in a community once they get to do what
they are supposed to do, to get what they want.
But really everything still lies on those who run the place.
It is annoying to even read members complaining about how a community
is ran, when they don't really have any investment in it.
If they donate money heck maybe. Topic rating: 4 stars.

There are great people here on MT who make fantastic wallpapers, and I hate to see their wallies get ripped the second it was even submitted - and then posted on a new website!

When you enter a site like this, it becomes a privilege, not a right. That happens whenever you enter almost all popular forums / anime sites around the world. If you get banned, they just simply don't care to deal with a lack of intelligence / issue with you. Heck, there are too many people out there causing trouble that no one can simply be a superhuman being and mod them all. So if you get away with it, consider yourself lucky - lolers1!1!1!1!1

And just to make it clear:

"It is annoying to even read members complaining about how a community
is ran, when they don't really have any investment in it."

Well spoken, Red.

Amen! **Closes the bible**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

I understand how moderating this huge community can be beyond frustrating, but I believe you have a responsibility as a moderator to still maintain a certain level of professionalism. You could address these points without sounding so provocative. And as you said, you weren't even mad at the time of writing this.
I can see why that last part may have sounded racist even though you were referring to all non-english-speaking members. I'm not Spanish but even I felt that it was uncalled for. That section can be reworded with the same meaning but without the racist connotations. And no, just because I feel this way does not make me 'overly-sensitive'.
Sorry..no ass-kissing here.
I agree with all your points, just not the way you presented them.

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Well, this is indeeed a very interesting topic, but before I go any further...

Quote by kiri-chanI understand how moderating this huge community can be beyond
frustrating, but I believe you have a responsibility as a moderator to
still maintain a certain level of professionalism. You could address
these points without sounding so provocative. And as you said, you
weren't even mad at the time of writing this.
I can see why that last part may have sounded racist even though you
were referring to all non-english-speaking members. I'm not Spanish but
even I felt that it was uncalled for. That section can be reworded with
the same meaning but without the racist connotations. And no, just
because I feel this way does not make me 'overly-sensitive'.
Sorry..no ass-kissing here.
I agree with all your points, just not the way you presented them.

I must say I agree with kiri-chan, what you are trying to tell us is the right thing, but you didn't use the right words, and not only against the non-english speakers members but in all your post, you use words that wouldn' be allowed to a normal member in any thread or gallery, you just have to read the MT's policy to realize that.
I also agree with Cy, politics and religion are things that make the people get sides, but I must add that cultural and national issues also are sensible points for the people, you can touch then, but you have to be very polite when talking about them. Keep that in mind Jin.

Taking away the shape, I agree with you in every topic. But, believe me, the spammers and rippers aren't going to read this thread (they are too busy doing the things in the wrong way) nor the non-english speakers (it's too long and if they can't understand the rules, how you expect that they are going to read this?) then this thread doesn't make any sense because itsn't going to change anything unless we all (not just the mods) think on ways to stop the people who are doing this stuff and get the compromise of following the rules I won't say I don't leech, I do and I'm sorry, because I agree, the scanners and wallers deserve some feedback.

So this is what I think:

The server can't be better because MT isn't a site to make money, is a free service, but you can't stop people complaning about it. Why don't you just put a "read this before posting in the complaints forum" thread and pin it in the forum? that way you can close any thread complaining about the server. In that thread you can also explain the way in which the mods make their job. That way you can close any thread regarding this issues just by providing the address of the "read this before posting in the complaints forum". I'm sure you don't only get the complains via the forum, but also by PM and email, then give a warning to all the members who bother you with MT issues by this mediums, and do as shequel, put a warning in your homepage telling the members not to PM you with issues regarding MT.

About the rippers and spammers... I think you've said all what can be said, it's just wrong without further discussion. The report system seems to work, but I think we need that the people know the rules, and know what can happen if they don't respect then, this also goes to the ones who shields themselfs behind the "no-english" excuse. I think that the policy and the FAQ aren't as easy to find as them could be, I mean, I know that there is a link to the FAQ at the top of every page, but I think the color of the bar in which they are kind of render the links "invisible" for the ones who don't know where to find it (I didn't have any problem finding the link whan I get to MT, but I have heard lots of people asking where they can find the it) maybe you (more exactly shequel) can code a funtion that gives the welcome to the new members by signing theirs GB when they sign up. You can add the address of the FAQ and the policy in that welcome sign, that way the potencial spammer/ripper can't shield himself behind "I can't find the rules".

The translation of the rules make sense to me, but that is a topic already touched here, sometime ago (like two months) shequel post a thread asking for translators and I offer myself to translate the FAQ, I email the MT's FAQ translated to spanish to shequel about a month ago and I'm just asking, what happen with that? Now I'm offering myself to translate any rule or policy or even warnings to members to spanish, just ask me and I'll help you in any way I can (but when you do pls don't make me lose my time, if you're asking for help then be sure you need it), and I'm sure there are several members willing to help you in your tasks (maybe translating the rules to other languages would help) and don't even care if you give credit to them or not (I know I don't care), just because we really appreciate your work for the site (and the site itself) and feel that this site belong to us too.

Ok, that is all I've to said about this stuff (at least for now), as you I don't care about what you think about what I have just write and I'm not mad at all while doing it. So I don't mind if you're banning me or erasing this post because you don't like what I write here, it's just what I'm feeling right now.

greetings,

HikaruJM

PD.: Sorry about my poor english, if you (any one who read this) don't understand something please PM me and I'll explain it.

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

I agree with Kiri-chan too.. the points and probs are obvious, and the mods and admins and all the people with poewr have the right to be angry when they see their creation going the wrong way... but such angry words just make things worse...so take it easy, these probs appear in every forum... (well, at least the spamming ones) and I'm just tired of members fighting with the "powerful ones" and "powerful ones" that use their power the wrong way.

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

Even from the start, I understand that this website is a good job by you, who spend their time to make this site alive. Technically, it's a professionnal work. Well done. And when I see what I can do with my computer trying to do a proper website, hum, I'm far behind you.

It was really long and very interesting. ThankX for the good job, and this post should be read by any new member, like me. I'll be more carefull next time I will post a thread.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Quote: you use words that wouldn' be allowed to a normal member in any thread or gallery, you just have to read the MT's policy to realize that.

There you have it .. "normal" members .. <grin>

"God" doesn't need a policy hehehe. ...

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

BakutenJo

BakutenJo

made in hell

Fantastic rant. I agree with you, especially about the ripping and the ratio of comments to downloads. It's shameful.

i am not suprised to hear this from jin, you were always saying stuff that need to be said without hold back no matter what it was.
i have to agree to most of it, especially the non-english speakers >< it so confusing seeing it in galleries and forums.

Signature Image

ltnguyen

ltnguyen

LockedHeart

About the non-English speaking problem: I think it's Ok for people to use their native language to communicate with people who speak the same language. It's a sign of intimacy. Imagine if you were an American in Japan, would u talk to your Ameican friends there in English? or in Japanese? English of course. It's way more convenient, plus it would be weird if you talk to your friends in Japanese. Other than that, yeah, I agree that if you post a comment to an English-speaking person in Spanish that would be rude.
That is all.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.