Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think is the most popular anime of all time? - Minitokyo

What do you think is the most popular anime of all time?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

keenan83

keenan83

Commander

I personally think it would have to be a classic like kenshin,inuyahsa,ranma 1/2 or even something like Dragonball

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

I think it's pokemon. In japan it is still quite popular.

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Hmmm I'm not sure what kind of ones I prefer. I mean I love Kenshin (haven't finished) and Naruto (haven't finished) but I also love short ones like Hellsing.
Long ones have the advantages of you looking forward to the next episode (moreso Naruto because it isn't finished) but at the same time they can diverge from the story and become sidetracked in silly stories, although some can be funny :)
Hellsing on the other hand is serious and every episode has some meaning.

Hmmm but things aside I'd say probably the most "popular" would be: (in no particular order)

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball Z (unfortunately)
Pokemon (Unfortunately again)
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Depends which side of the ocean you are on and how exactly you'd define popular but I'd say: Gundam, Detective Conan, One Piece, Macross, Cowboy Bebop, Eva in no particular order.

In sales though, I don't think you can beat Pocket Monsters/Pokemon.

In longest running anime it be Sazae-san 1600+ eps i believe.

keenan83

keenan83

Commander

i forgot about pokémon and NGE

Macross, Eva, Dragonball

every1 knows about them

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

pokemon, sadly, would be the most popular world-over
than comes dragonball and sailormoon

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

Akira, pokemon, the whoe Dragon Ball thing (origonal, z and gt included), neon genisis, and sailor moon...

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

Hunter X Hunter is really good and it probably will be most popular one day. Naruto is definitely gonna be the best series of all time since it's known everywhere now.

Dragon Ball or Pokemon are probably the most popular. We will have to wait and see about naruto but I think it will go far.

Ugh, dbz and pokemon are both overrated.

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

pokemon = tv hell

dbz, well dbz NOW as apposed to 3+ years ago, = not too shabby

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

at the moment its now naruto and i think its dbz and gundam seed

KohakuXP

Neutral

all the epioside of DBZ already came out and the movies too, what else is there to show?

I still watch Pokemon for 5 years now.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

most popular anime....i guess it be those mainstream animes, PKMN, DB/Z/GT, Sailormoon and some studio ghibli movies (at least those are good XD)

anyways i don't know which would be quite popular except NGE and The Hakkenden

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

haha.. as everyone says.. Pokemon, DBZ, and.. uh.. maybe naruto ;P lotsa ppl know bout it tho

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by candy-chanpokemon, sadly, would be the most popular world-over
than comes dragonball and sailormoon

Yes, that's correct. Pokemon surely gives TV the best results. The magnates in our country wouldn't put up something that wouldn't guarantee some huge profit.
Speaking of which, almost everyone here thinks JAPANESE FAIRYTALE==POKEMON, Then there's some barrier around 12 years, where the younger think that it's cool and the older hate every Japanese animation thanks to this one experience. :(

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is not very new, but it's fame and popularity is still very high.
Or has somebody around here never heard of it?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Cowboy Bebop.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

I think Neon Genesis Evangelion .

probably pokemon IS the most popular. i mean, it just totally exploded in the US.... but then again, it's probably one of the most unpopular animes too, in the sense that a lot of people don't like it =p

Talent does what it can; genius does what it must.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

NGE I think... but really I don't known...

I'd say Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Astro Boy. XD For an older age group, NGE is pretty well known. :)

One Piece could possibly become another series that'll become most popular although I haven't seen this series.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.