Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 anime being made to live-action - Minitokyo

anime being made to live-action

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

who here like anime being turned to live-action?
I dont really like the idea... I'm not saying its bad or anything
its just that for me, what makes anime good is because its anime!
in live-action you aint gonna see ppl fell down because someone made a stupid joke or nose-bleeding over thinking ecchi stuff.
I've been hearing alot of anime being turned to live-action. just now I read in a magazine here in Malaysia, Samurai Girl Real About High School is going to made into live-action by Hartbreaker Studio and TOKYPOP. Hartbreaker belongs to Melissa Joan Heart and of course, she'll be the star in the live-action.

what are you're opinion on this??

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

me don't like live action <_<
same with u , anime is anime
don't make it turn out to something 'like that'
and the reason is mainly because
they need more publication or money

my opinion: don't like the idea

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by jackalx66me don't like live action &lt;_&lt;same with u , anime is anime
don't make it turn out to something 'like that'and the reason is mainly because
they need more publication or money my opinion: don't like the idea

I think it you are right, i do not like the idea
in my opinion it is totally wrong to do so

Yeah, I think it's impossible to keep up what's so specific to animes in live-action. The Eva film in production confirms that >_< . They're also making a live-action from Witch Hunter Robin and a lot of others. Well, I think the concept is okay for those who don't watch/like anime, so they might like it, but it will not help anime to get a better rating, with all those adaptations which are just about making money...

Personally I hate all live-action except GTO. The rest are well below par. And looks silly.

i dun lik aniime being live action. t they make the anime not as unique and live actions rn't even interesting as the real animes. they should stop doing live actions but sum pplz lik it

I don't really enjoy the live-action versions of the animes... but there is one exception: GTO. The live-action version of that somehow managed to please me, I actually enjoyed it.

The GTO live action actually came out before the anime ( but after the manga ).

Radeonator

not here, not now.

WEW! what kind of crap you want to watch anyway? so far nothing's compare to GTO for live action anime. if you ask me, i don't want to watch anime became live action unless it's really good.

=Im here temporarily, please dont visit or leave any message.

I do not think anime should be made into live action. I like the art style a lot and I think real life actors and actresses would kill the effect.

wanna

wanna

<{Ishbal Survivor}>

i think almost the same as anybody else here,
but in my opinion i do want to see some series made into live-action, cuz it may become very nice, but i'll decide it at the time when i see it...anyone here shares that opinion?
far example: i really do want to see what they can make out of the Neon Genesis Evangelion & Dragonball Z series, i don't think they'll be as good as the anime, but...i do hope they can put on a great show for all the viewes...(how i would love to see someone really shoot some energybeam out of his hands ^-^)

i made this alot longer then i wanted... so i'm going to sleep now :D byebye

I don't like the idea. Anime is anime... I think live action would ruin certain shows.

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Live action can be good if it's well directed, has good actors and stays true to the anime...so far no live action managed to get all three...But there might be hope...The ones that peak my interest are the live Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita and the live TF.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

redshadow

a lone soul

videogames and comics have a long lived curse of crappy movie vesions, i fear that good animes are going to fall into that as well

Signature

redshadow

a lone soul

videogames and comics have a long lived curse of crappy movie vesions, i fear that good animes are going to fall into that as well

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

yup yup redshadow
agree agree
live-action is kinda like that. the director just dont really get into the anime and make it any way they want. and in the end it became crappy and we all ended up hating em

Quote by exentricyup yup redshadow
agree agree
live-action is kinda like that. the director just dont really get into
the anime and make it any way they want. and in the end it became
crappy and we all ended up hating em

I was thinking of saying the same thing...

Agreed!

Quote by exentricyup yup redshadow
agree agree
live-action is kinda like that. the director just dont really get into
the anime and make it any way they want. and in the end it became
crappy and we all ended up hating em

I was thinking of saying the same thing...

Agreed!

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I think the concept is good,but really,I don't wanna see a live action of any anime unless it is good.We can see how that live action Gundam movie went-it burns just thinming about it XO .Anyway,I sure some people will like but just like excentrix mentioned directors change to much of the core plot around to whatever they want,and the movie version turns out awful like a BS pie.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

I would agree with most ofthe posted comments - anime is anime ... but what about books that were turned into movies. consider that. what about LotR, HP and all the athors.

Most animes are also just filmed versions of the mangas. My fav series Sailor Moon for example: I love the TV-Series but I don't really like Naokos original work. In my opinion the adaptation as an anime is much better than the manga.

i would say that it is kind a funny way to interpret old book/manga-stuff in another way. Of couse they don't do it for free or just 'cause of idealistic reasons. But anyway who cares.

So, as long as the version I see is okay for me.... Akira will also be turned into a live action movie.
And as far as I know the NGE-Movie at least is also done by Gainax - so I would'nt worry (voting for Emma Watson as Asuka *g* )

James Cameron is going to make another Battle Angel Alita-Movie. But like Appleseed it'll be a full CGI-animated movie.

Conclusion: there are good adaptions and there are bad ones (depending on what you think IS good) - and like it is written in the credits they are all just "based on".

Quote by jack1603
James Cameron is going to make another Battle Angel Alita-Movie. But
like Appleseed it'll be a full CGI-animated movie.

I heard only Gally would be animated, all the rest would be real , well maybe I'm wrong ^^.
But I have to say, most mangas are better than their anime adaptations, the original is often the best ^^ ( ok there are exceptions ).

Deedles

Deedles

doki doki

if its live action... it wouldn't be anime!

And we do all like anime... so I dont get what the appeal would really be. *Sigh* I would just hate for them to drag the name of a good anime thru the mud.

However, it also depends how well done it is and who does it.... I wonder, was this conversation spawned by the upcoming live action Eva?

.:.:.:.deedles.:.:.:.

Quote by jack1603I would agree with most ofthe posted comments - anime is anime ... but
what about books that were turned into movies. consider that. what
about LotR, HP and all the athors.

Very, very true.

Its the same thing that i went through with LOTR, TTT, and ROTK. Somethings (like the slapstick, nosebleeds, spikey hair, big eyes, and off the wall expresions) don't translate well into a live action media. So what you have, is simply a different version of the same story. Its an adaptation, not a mirror image, no da?

Any fan hates when said material is dragged though the mud (as Deedles put it so well ^^) ...but i think seperating the two medias in your head goes a long way towards saving some of that heartache and headache.

BTW, I LOVE GTO. The movie kicks ass. If any live action show has gotten close to the spirit that drives anime, GTO is it. The feel is the same way. But there are no nosebleeds, prat falls (well no, there are those) or spiky hair in GTO, so its more than just the art.

So is there hope? Sure.

DBZ, as a live action anime, would just be stupid.

DBZ as a live action movies adapted...now that could be good. Or at least better.
Trying to make a movie fit a media it isn't, is just a recipe for disaster anyway.

"I pay attention to everything, Roy. That's my gift. Yours is to barbecue things that annoy you. Apparently this makes you command-track material."
Signature
	Image It's a promise...

Depends on the anime:) If its done well it can be fun to watch. Look at all the Comic book heros being done, some are a real blast.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.