Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Popular, Oft-Repeated or Cliched Themes/Plots in Anime/Manga - Minitokyo

Popular, Oft-Repeated or Cliched Themes/Plots in Anime/Manga

page 1 of 1 7 total items

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Hello, minna! This is the second thread of mine, by the way, and I must say that so far it's been a great, supa-fun time here in MT! Big arigato from me to the founders and tech.staff of MT!

Yosshhh, on to the topic I proposed! I'd like to hear from ya all what the most popular, oft-repeated or almost-to-the-point-of-cliche themes/plots/situations you've noticed in works of anime/manga. Then you can share if you love/hate this particular theme/plots/situation, k?

I'd start this off with my contribution:
NEKO! Cats abound in lotsa anime/manga, and their manifestations (whether these be plain cats, chibi-cats, charas cosplaying as nekos, half-cats-half-human, cat spirits/familiars/sidekicks, unnatural/supernatural cats, etc.) are super-plenty. Japanese anime/manga writers sure have this obsession over cats. Methinks it is a distinctive theme over Western animation (in most cases, Western cartoons portray dogs as heroes and cats as the villain's pet.) As to the "why" of this particular obsession, I'm not sure... can anyone suggest why?

NEKO! I can't and probably won't tire of them appearing in many more anime/manga to come!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Great question! I have to say that THE most repeated plot in anime is the one in which the main charatcer is "the one", "the chosen", etc, etc, but doesn't know about it yet...as the series develops he/she finds out about this, and his/her powers and then he/she saves the world...if it's a happy ending it all works out, he/she survives and they all lived happily ever after...if not, well the hero probably dies sacrificing himself/herself...

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

Okay...i'm giving it a shot...
There's this one guy, hero of the story, usually just an ordinary kid, with lots of girls pining after him! Happens in a number of anime I've watched. They usually havea happy/resolved ending as well...
Dual (Parallel Trouble Adventure); Tenchi Muyo; El Hazard (to an extent); Ranma 1/2 (though a very comedy-induced one)...and some others, I reckon...
And maybe the idea's popular not only in anime, but it IS often...
...as for manga, I've no idea... ^^

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by gilesaquilOkay...i'm giving it a shot...
There's this one guy, hero of the story, usually just an ordinary kid, with lots of girls pining after him! Happens in a number of anime I've watched. They usually havea happy/resolved ending as well...
Dual (Parallel Trouble Adventure); Tenchi Muyo; El Hazard (to an extent); Ranma 1/2 (though a very comedy-induced one)...and some others, I reckon...

This gets my vote as well. And if they're not always pining after him, he's just stuck with them and they cause him other trouble.

I'm really turned off to this genre because it's become too cliche and aggrivating for me to watch.

But I love cats!! =^_^= Neko love!!

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Yup i gotta go with the one guy that has an unsually large group of women (who are all outrageously attractive) wanting to jump his junk... but he won't have any of it... in fact he usually doesn't even appear to be attracted to the opisite sex other than that every time that one of them has an exposing incident... or flirtatious contact he gets a nosebleed... ohhh... and in most cases you can even pick out the characters by achitype... i.e. Scientist, ditzy girl, shy smart girl with glasses, slut girl, the girl thats too good for him but wants to jump his bones, the atheletic one.... but hey its usually pretty funny...

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

fwend

fwend

Twisted Halo

Try this on for size...

The protagonist has a mission, whether personal or thrust upon him, then fights with somebody and that somebody ends up as the hero's companion, and eventually they form a group, usually around 5 or 6, which includes a girl which may or may not be the hero's romantic interest.

Signature
Do you think a minor thing like the end of the world could do me in?

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Quote by gilesaquilOkay...i'm giving it a shot...
There's this one guy, hero of the story, usually just an ordinary kid,
with lots of girls pining after him! Happens in a number of anime I've
watched. They usually havea happy/resolved ending as well...
Dual (Parallel Trouble Adventure); Tenchi Muyo; El Hazard (to an
extent); Ranma 1/2 (though a very comedy-induced one)...and some
others, I reckon...

ranma 1/2 is not quite that typical since there's a lot of boy whose after the girl too and the plot is more complex, maybe the more closer one are like love hine, tenshi no shippo, to heart, yumeria, happy lesson and more...it such shame to repeat the same plot over and over again.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.