Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you shrink a 1280x1024 wallpaper? - Minitokyo

How do you shrink a 1280x1024 wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

I'm sort of ashamed that I don't know this, but I'm sick of not knowing so I'm going to ask it! I've noticed on lots of other wallpaper sites people have 1280x1024 resolutions and 1024x768 resolutions.

What I don't understand is how do you shrink a wall from 1280x1024 to 1024x768. The dimensions are not porportional so it gets cut off! So how do you people do it? Do you just shrink the background separately and not care if parts of it gets cut off? Please help, as this has confused me for some time now. @_@

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

I'd just crop. Most good wallers don't feel the need to have the character filling the entire wall so it looks OK if you chop some off the top and bottom. I always have to crop walls to fit my widescreen without any real problem :P

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

You'll need to either crop the image or extend the image, since the ratio aspects of 1280x1024 is different from 1024x768. Personally, I design at 1600x1200, then when I'm saving sizes I crop it to 1500x1200 and size down to 1280x1024. Stuff will get trimmed, unfortunately.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

With Photoshop it just squeezes it in from 1280x1024 to 1024x768. Really, there isn't THAT much of a difference in the 4:3 aspect. So it never looks that bad.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by JinzhouWith Photoshop it just squeezes it in from 1280x1024 to 1024x768.
Really, there isn't THAT much of a difference in the 4:3 aspect. So it
never looks that bad.

lol, yea. Sometimes things can't resized completely so you'd have to resize it without maintaining the main aspect. Of course I dunno how to use that in Photoshop... so I use PSP to do that, lol.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

There are several ways to do it. I suppose, you can crop it...a lot of people do that . It depends on each wall really. I personally like to just rearrange it, if it is my wall that is. Then I can fit it into whatever resolution I want. If I ever resize others, I just resize it down to the same aspect ratio, I don't really care about a bar on the top and bottom or left and right. But since my resolution is 1600 x 1200, I don't have to worry about any of these things! XD

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Thanks everyone for the feedback! :D Personally I used 1024x768 resolution cause my monitor isn't that big (so high resoultions hurt my eyes XD ). So thanks to everyone for clearing up this little mystery for me about wallpaper sizes.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

well in photoshop when yer shirniking the image
at the window where you putting the size, unchecked 'constrain proportions' at the bottom of the window and just manually put the width as 1024 and height as 768 ^_^"
thats how I alwayz do it. ^_^"

Asahi

Asahi

gone

i think .. wallpaper sites have 2 or 3 or more resolutions of wallpaper size myrrhlynn ^^ =)

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I had this similar problem with my Gundam Seed wallpie (it's 1280x1024) -_- and I'm trying to enlarge it to 1600x1200 and/or reduce it to 1024...
i found out that I had to stretch the bg layer to a wider one to overcome the gap created because of the dimension change...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

You can scale it with the aspect ration preservation turned off.
1280x1024 -> 1024x768 needs to be scaled 0.8 horizontally and 0.75 vertically.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.