Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anybody A Little Dissappointed With Metroid Prime 2? - Minitokyo

Anybody A Little Dissappointed With Metroid Prime 2?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I think it's pretty good, but there are a few things I would've liked to have seen: A new HUD, dual analog control (*really* want that one), and some manual camera controls for when in morph ball mode (seeing as you have to spend a lotta time in it).

I'm not dissing the game, I think it's great, but these few points just steam me a lil bit.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

I don't think anyone really complained most of this stuff it in the first game really (like the morph ball camera), though having a different HUD for each suit would be kinda cool. Having dual analog control though, no, not having it like every other FPS out there was one of the great things of the first Metroid Prime.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I'm really not to worried about controlling like other games in terms of movement. The Metroid series has always been about fast action, and that's kinda hard when you're against an enemy you can't consistantly see. I'd like to see a setup like Half Life for the PS2, personally.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

When was Metroid Prime about fast action? It's always been more of an adventure game littered with combat and puzzles, not unlike the Zelda series.

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

not me, i love Echoes! it has better graphics than the 1st one and the world is a lot larger. i still enjoy the controls, although i wish Samus could turn a bit faster so you can see the enemy like ulitmashower said.

Signature Image

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

No no no, I didn't say Prime in specific. I'm talkin' about Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, etc... Also, there are a lot of fast moments in the Prime series as well. The final fight in the first Prime was pretty fast-paced, not to mention a few before it. It's been upped in the second.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Quote by ultimashowerNo no no, I didn't say Prime in specific. I'm talkin' about Metroid,
Metroid II, Super Metroid, etc... Also, there are a lot of fast moments
in the Prime series as well. The final fight in the first Prime was
pretty fast-paced, not to mention a few before it. It's been upped in
the second.

I was talking about the Metroid series in general as well. Yeah, there's some fast action at time, but you could never progress through the game with just combat. You had to figure out what items you had obtained would help you in what spots you had previously travelled. Exploration was definately a much heavier element to the gameplay.

Diaphanus

Usor Linguae Latinae

I'm not disappointed at all! In fact, I like this game much more than the first MP! :D

It looks like Nintendo is going for a more distinctly-defined Samus with a more specific hairstyle and such. (She looks a bit cartoony in this game, though.)

Diaphanus sum. Usor Linguae Latinae (User of the Latin Language).
Signature

triofpwr

triofpwr

the dr.d of pain

i'm not disappointed at all i think it's better then the first prime man this one actually has a good storyline and the dark suit looks awesome yet evil at the same time.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hybridial

The Essence of Fate

I think this is a truly awesome sequel to a truly awesome game. I wasn't disappointed at all.

I am the psychotic reviewer of animedaze. No anime can escape it's fate, to be cross examined in a dark room by yours truly.

www.animedaze.com

My brother loves that game! he plays that aaaaaalll the time! ( is kind of annoying sometimes) I really like the new dark suit she wares! Its really cool! :)

BlueRock

BlueRock

King of Hearts

Disappointed XD not at all the game is at the peak of greatness! opinioned,.... maybe >_>

Hearts are Power, Nothingness is Eternal!

I love metroid prime 2, the game is 3 times harder. The puzzles are harder, the game requires more thought and time. I do like the whole dark samus thing... I hope the next prime is the last though. first go through 100%items 90%scans 23:03

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by crusaderindeathI love metroid prime 2, the game is 3 times harder. The puzzles are harder, the game requires more thought and time. I do like the whole dark samus thing... I hope the next prime is the last though. first go through 100%items 90%scans 23:03

I gotta say I didn't find the game that hard, in fact, I'd say the first one was a lot harder. The only thing that kept me from crushing everything was the beam ammo... even then, not a big deal. I beat the last boss in two tries.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

I was far from disappointed. I greatly enjoyed every minute of the game!

...scratch that, I got quite frustrated/lost a few times, but I can't stay mad at it. It was equally as great at the first (though the music wasn't as memorable). The controls, to me, are the pinnacle of FPS controls using gamepads, but I generally don't play FPS's on consoles for the very reason that I dislike the controls, so maybe I can't fairly comment (never got to play Halo on Xbox or anything like that...).

In some instances it would have been nice to be able to twist the camera in morph ball mode but that didn't put a hamper on the game for me.

I loved Metroid Prime 2. I thought it kicked every other games' @#! fairly well. It was a fantastic experience for me.
P.S.: Visit www.metroid2002.com for tricks on speed runs, hidden upgrades, and tips.

I <3 Super Smash :). Join the Super-Smash-Bros-Melee group!

Kyros

Kyros

expert pilot

prime one was a bit weak but prime 2 was great

I sort of gave up on the metroid prime games when i play the first one i didnt like that right when you learned how to use all of your weapons you lose them at the end of the 1st level. So thats why i just gave up on them.

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

They lost the animeish Samus. I still want her back and throw away the blond-americaish-chick style.
MP2E was disapponting, it felt more like a FPA Star Trek than FP Metroid like MP.

Signature

I was a big fan of MP2. It was incredibly similar to MP1, but that was a great game anyway.

I like every Metroid but i found Metroid Prime 2 is not far of the best...

"Drawing your blade is as simple as breathing. Fail at either and you shall surely die."
"Words cut like steel"

both metroid prime games were great i got the second one first which was my intro to the series. when i played the fisrt one i found it alot harder than the second. the only thing that disappointed me was how easy the three main guardians were they were impressive bosses yes but they were easy to defeat. :( the only boss that gets me now is the boost guardian and usally only once or twice. but still i can't stop playing it. :) also dark samus was really easy but fun as hell to fight i hope they amp up her difficulty in the next game.

no

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.