Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need a Short Manga with Romanace and Comedy.. - Minitokyo

Need a Short Manga with Romanace and Comedy..

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Hello! .. I'm stuck on what to get my friend for the holiday season.. he told me he's been reading Love Hina, and that he likes it a lot.. so I was hoping to get him a manga that was a romantic comedy for Christmas.. I'm trying to avoid long series, however..

do any of you have suggestions for a manga that is..

1) Romantic Comedy
2) Only two/three books long (but one is preferrable.. is this even possible? ^^; ..)
3) Similar to Love Hina
4) Amazing as Love Hina

I was considering Chobits.. but it's so long ~___~;; .. .. Thank you VERY much for all your help!!

Ashuli

Ashuli

Blissful Oblivion

XD Short and sweet? Well, Parfait Tic! (which I love) is very, very good and is scanlated by MangaProject. The only downside is that thus far, it's over 12 volumes long. ^^;; The style of art the mangaka uses is different from what I usually read and took me by surprise at first, but the manga itself--the story--is really worth reading if you get the time. ^^

And it's really funny.

*doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "short manga"* ^^;;

Hope I've been any help at all!

Signature Image

Hmmm well I would say Fruits Basket, Tsubasa: RESEVior CHRoNiCLE or Time stranger Kyoko . Only problem is the first two would be too long (though only the first three of Tsubasa are out) and the last would be either in scanlations or raw..

So I doubt those suggestions would be really helpful.. Sorry :(

haha, yea, a 1 volume manga would take like 20 minutes to read!! not sure how much plot development you could have in that... if a manga is good, than usually they want to milk it for all the money its worth, and that means making lots of volumes....

PS: The final volumes of Fruits Basket won't even be published in the states for another year or two... only like the first third is available domestically right now :(

gatts

gatts

The Black Swordsman

i'd suggest Hideaki Anno's Kareshi Kanojyo No Jijyo (Kare Kano, aka His and Hers Circumstances)... but it's not really that short. but as what <finiteyoda> said, a manga doesn't usually take more than 20 minutes to read... so probably the first 3 books would make a nice gift. (just don't suggest the DVD version)

Signature
Is the destiny of man controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control even over his own will.

bandgirl

bandgirl

bishoujo myu-jishan

Well... it's not one or two books long, but it's fairly short: Chobits :)
It has romance, humor :D, and an interesting plot, I highly suggest it.
I haven't read the manga but I've seen the anime and I love it ^^ and I hear that the manga is even better.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kouakari

08th MS Team

Ok then, U should read Sunlight All Around by Mitsuru Adachi. You'll surely love it.
Link: http://www.mangadownloads.org/

Quote by bandgirlWell... it's not one or two books long, but it's fairly short: Chobits :)
It has romance, humor :D, and an interesting plot, I highly suggest it.
I haven't read the manga but I've seen the anime and I love it ^^ and I hear that the manga is even better.

yea Chobits , seen the anime and read 2 volumes of the manga , and so far it is worth the read but i like the anime better ,

Saitou Hajime - "You can raise a dog with food, and you can raise a human with money but, no man is able to raise a wolf of Mibbu"

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

I think u should read salad days...
It is 18volume long, however the story is very short..usually it is just 2chapters per story or maybe even just 1chapter..Basically it is just lots of short story composed into a tankoubun.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

It's not really like Love Hina, but it's real short, it's about Love and I think it's got some comedy in it too. But Clamp's "Watashi no Suki Hito" (the one I love) is a collection of short stories put into one volume. Tokyopop released it not long ago.

Other than that... the only thing I can think of remotely similar to Love Hina is Chobits.
Or you could try Ai Yori Aoshi or Ai Love You (by the same mangaka as Love Hina) but I have no idea how many volumes they are, cause I haven't read either.

Hope that somewhat helped.

DianKibou

DianKibou

The inflatable Dragon God

Well I think the manga "Parallel" is a great idea because it have romanace, comedy and it's short ^^
http://www.roman-und-comicladen.de/img_artikel/18725.jpg

Signature

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

I'd recommend CLAMP's Wish, because it's only 4 volumes, and there's romance and comedy on every page! Plus, all the guys are HOT, in the grand clamp tradition. :)

Signature

I'll recommend Maison Ikkoku, it's an old manga that's only 9 volumes and it's a rather good romantic comedy, I'd rate it over Love Hina.

'harahettara, kuunda' - Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.