Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Celebrate christmas - Minitokyo

Celebrate christmas

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Hi I was just wondering how you guys all over the world celebrate christmas.

Here in the Netherlands where I live we don't pay as much attention to it than in the rest of the world I think. I think that is becouse we have another moyor holiday just before that ( on 5 december that is actually the same that is compressed into one holiday in for example the usa) on that holiday all the children get lots of presents so christmas isn't celebrated with loads of presents anymore (some but not a lot) only when all the little children in a familly have grown up more attenton comes to chrismas (presents are given then. Al through we celebrate christmas just with lot's of decorations and a tree etc.

personaly we now mainly do the presents by the tree and some relatives come over for dinner. we eat, I don't know what it.s called in English but, baking flesh in little pans on the table on the first day. and on the second day, and again don't know what in English, rolled meat with baked patatoes an vegetebles. and of course visit my grandmother. well that is kind of it.

furthermore I would like to now how you feel about christmas.

take care, :)

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I really enjoy Christmas for the presents, for the food, for the family and for the festivities. I may appear to be quite a grouch, but you can't beat the warm feeling you get on the big day XD .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Quote by Aa-chanI really enjoy Christmas for the presents, for the food, for the family and for the festivities. I may appear to be quite a grouch, but you can't beat the warm feeling you get on the big day XD .

yep! I know what you mean. XD

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

ah, yes Darla, I know what you're talking about ^___^ my ex was from the Netherlands, things are quite different there, although I don't remember what it was called that earlier holiday you mentioned.. but to answer your thread, hmm, I like the Christmas, because it's really pleasant and relaxing,you get to be with family without pulling your hair out, haha, j/k, I mean on a cold winter's day it's a nice warm holiday where you can appreciate your family's company or whoever else is with out at the time.

oh, and in the Netherlands you guys don't go crazy like north americans with the decorating of the houses ^_^'

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

hmmm...what i feel about christmas? well, let's see, i get presents, i eat a big meal for lunch(like a buffet), i gett new toys, .... it's fine i guess, though it would be much nicer if i had a girlfriend, like my ex to spend it with...yah, it's fine enouugh to be considered a joyous holiday.
i'm hoping you can say the same, about all the good stuff,
well, c'ya

Izukio

Izukio

Wave Sovereign of Mintaka

I'm not totallyy against it, if that's what you mean. It's to show people you care and be togeather and stuff. But I think that's what thanksgiving has become and now it's more or less just another holiday. But it means more to people who are more religious than I.

You know while i dont hate it, I would not be sad it I missed it all eithor. It was nice when I was a kid, but now there are just too many problems Fights about where to go, what to do, what to buy for whom. Who I MUST buy something for because they have you a 10 gift card last year. I like to see my friends and family but I dont need christmas for that.

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. - William James

I don't really celebrate Chrismas. It's just a time to get together with family, that's all. No real celebrating going on.

Signature Image

I like it. Actually I'm not really religious, but in my country a lot of people are, and I really like the atmosphere.
There are a lot of crib (hoping it's the right word, I mean those representation of the nativity), a lot of decorations (I think they are different for the NA ones), in the end a lot of things I really like (especially presents ;-)).
Just I was surprised to know that in Netherlands Christmas is not that important. I thought in Northen Europe it was very strong.
I really love the world! :-)
See you!

"Do you know what I love the most? Say not to those who believe are almighty!"
Rohan Kishibe from Jojo's Bizzarre Adventures

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

ohhh I loooove Christmas!! I get to see my family and eat good food and open presents. I don't get to see my whole family all at once very often so I always love Christmas because I get to see them. I can't wait for it! :D

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

I love christmas or winter!
I get to get presents and sleep more

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I love Christmas not because of what joys it can bring, but you also get to have some nice time off from school as well to sit back, relax, and enjoy some fun - oh yuppers! I love it. Great holiday season to celebrate over, no doubt. ^^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

andiyar

andiyar

wordsmith

Christmas - I enjoy Christmas as I get to spend time with both sides of my family, albeit separately. The presents can be fun, and I've always been a fan of the nice Christmas food as well. Add in large dashes of frivolity and some rather amusing antics, and it's one of the nicest holidays of the year. ^_^

-Andiyar

"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Hmm... for me Christmas means more time to work on school stuff -_- Especially since my final exams are in January >_< On the upside, I get more work done on Christmas than any other day of the year ^^

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Christmas is great! I love singing carols and one of the traditions we have in my family is we sit around and watch "Carols by Candlelight", a production put together by a free to air network here in Australia on Christmas Eve. While the rest of my family aren't Christian, I am so it means a little bit more for me to be celebrating the birth of my Saviour. When I was young it was all about the getting of presents and now that I'm all grown up it has become more and more about the giving of presents. Only thing I wish was to have a White Christmas one year just so I can say I've had one. :D

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

I like christmas becouse of all the decorations and it's a good excuse to dress up pretty!
I'm not religeus at al but that doesn't have anything to do with it to me ( just in christmas stables and that sort decorations.)

Quote by finiteyodaHmm... for me Christmas means more time to work on school stuff -_- Especially since my final exams are in January &gt;_&lt; On the upside, I get more work done on Christmas than any other day of the year ^^

O well that's just not fair :(

Quote by LolonoaJust I was surprised to know that in Netherlands Christmas is not that important. I thought in Northen Europe it was very strong.
I really love the world! :-)See you!

Wel it is a major holiday but not humoungeus it is becoming bigger and bigger though due to americalisation and commerciallisation

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

i guess you can say christmas is alright. . . . ..lol

MERRY christmas TO YOU all!!!!

besides all the gift-giving, eating a lot, spending your time with your family, etc... i really like the atmosphere of that day...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"I 'll love you so much, you'll say it's too much..."

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.