Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 List of Commonly Duplicated Threads - Minitokyo

List of Commonly Duplicated Threads

page 1 of 1 5 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Duplicate Threads. . .
. . . and what you can do to help prevent them!

A duplicate thread is a thread on a topic that already has one or more open threads in the forums. Here at Minitokyo, creativity is perhaps the most admired of traits, so feel free to exercise your originality when making new threads on the forum, rather than just making more of the same.

Remember, you can use the search feature to check for duplicate threads.

I. Information on posting to the Forums and Duplicate Threads
- Osi's Guidelines on making New Threads
- Discussion on Duplicate Threads
- Discussion on Spam
- Tips on using the Search Tool

II. Commonly Duplicated Threads (a.k.a. don't make more of these!)
note that this is not an exhaustive list. . . topics similar/more specific/opposite to the ones listed below probably have multiple threads in the forums already. also note that for the purposes of the forum, favorite and best are essentially functionally equivalent.

. . . suggestions and complaints. . .
- My wallpaper/scan/post was deleted!

. . . anime, manga, games, and media. . .
- First anime
- Favorite anime series
- Favorite anime genre
- Favorite anime bg music/soundtrack, op/ed theme, etc.
- Favorite character (either general or in [insert name here] anime series)
- Favorite game
- Favorite console or platform
- Favorite game genre
- Favorite Final Fantasy game
- Favorite character, villain, boss, etc. (either general or in [insert name here] game)
- Comparisons between two or more series, games, or characters.
- Hottest character, characters you would like to go out with, etc.

. . . tech lounge. . .
- Favorite operating system
- Favorite web browser
- Listing your computer's specifications, components, speed of Internet connection, etc.

. . . everyday life and spam. . .
- Favorite singer/band
- Threads wishing people a happy [insert holiday here]
- What are you doing/listening to/feeling/etc. right now

If you have more to add, please post or PM me and I'll add them to the list. Also feel free to include links, so I can add them up here to make it an updated directory of sorts for common topics.

Thanks for helping to keep the forums clutter-free!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

nice thread shinsengumi! i have one to add:
fav band/singer/artist

ill edit this if i think of more

Signature Image

Slow connection or Speed up the Internet
Best/Worst game in the year or life...or something...??
Best/Worst anime...
Consoles comparison

there is a lot more...gotta think...later

Signature Image

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Happy <insert holiday>!! threads; not only are there so many duplicates, but they're all "one-day threads" so afterwards they all just idley sit in the forums

=> on a side note Happy B-day to me! threads, i guess not really a duped thread since its unique to every member but they are also "one-day threads" ~ maybe MT could have a member birthday list or something

=> will edit this post if i think of more stuff for your list *goes off to search & ponder*

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

At the suggestion of the mods, I'm moving this thread over to Welcome to MT forums. - Read me before creating new threads in the Entrance Lounge forum so that newbies don't need to hunt through multiple threads for information.

Edit: Please feel free to continue posting here though; it's easier for me to keep track of new posts on this thread than on the other one.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.