Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which fansub groups do you turn to for your subbed anime needs? - Minitokyo

Which fansub groups do you turn to for your subbed anime needs?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 64 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

So. . . which fansub groups do you prefer, and why?

Some of you know that I absoltutely abhor threads that ask "what is your favorite ___" as I find them to be on average pointless in their aim. More often than not, they are created (especially by newer members) in order to harvest posts in order to increase their level. Lest astute observers accuse me of hypocracy, let me note that the point of this thread is for members to share their experience with various fansub groups so that others know what groups to avoid when obtaining fansubbed anime.

For example, I have a number of preferred fansub groups that I will watch exclusively. However, none of those preferred fansub groups have decided to take up a new anime that has piqued my interest, and therefore I am at a loss for what group to go for. One possibility is for me to download an episode from each of the various fansub groups working on the series and watch them all to make a comparison, but most of us, myself included, have neither the time nor bandwidth and hard disk space to make this a common exercise.

Therefore, I would like to use this thread for members to post the names of fansub groups whose work they have watched and to give a brief review or critique of their work so that the rest of us, who may not have had experience with those particular groups, know whether or not to get their work in the future or to steer clear.

Your assistance is appreciated!

Fansub Groups

Below are the highest-rated fansub groups, based on the number of members who indicated them as preferred purveyors of fansubbed anime.

ANBU ===============11
A-Keep ================12
Ani-Kraze =====7
AF-F ====5
AonE =============================19
AnY =========7
Conclave ==5
Froth-Bite ===6
Live-eviL =4
Lunar ==========================18
Static ==========8
Triad ======6

DVD Release Groups (updated 05.05.22)

KAA =====5

Last update: 6 July 2005

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I like The Triad. Some people don't, but I think their translations are a nice mix of accuracy and readability, their font and color choice is really sound, and they put a lot of effort into subbing background text and the like that a lot of other groups just gloss over.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I don't downloaa fansubs.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by akari-chanI don't downloaa fansubs.

Why not? Is it just that you don't like subtitles or another reason? I personally enjoy subtitles over dubs (though I know some Japanese so that makes a bit of a difference) and I think the fansub groups put a lot more work into their stuff than the "professional" anime licensers.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

What is the anime you are thinking of downloading and who are the fansubbers?
In line with the topic, I like: Kick Ass Anime, Lunar, AonE, anbu, ZX

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by punker0017What is the anime you are thinking of downloading and who are the fansubbers?
In line with the topic, I like: Kick Ass Anime, Lunar, AonE, anbu, ZX

I prefer AnimeOne (AonE), Anime Keep (AKeep), ANBUdom (anbu), and Animeforever (aff) because I have found that those groups meet a consistent standard of quality both in the raws they choose and the actual translations and subbing. However, none of those groups are doing anime such as Futakoi Alternative (which was the anime I was referring to in my example).

Also, though this is just a technicality, if I remember correctly, KickAss Anime isn't a fansub group. Rather, they do DVD rips, which is why their releases are of such top-notch quality.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Quote by shinsengumiAlso, though this is just a technicality, if I remember correctly, KickAss Anime isn't a fansub group. Rather, they do DVD rips, which is why their releases are of such top-notch quality.

Yeah they are (brainfart).

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

I was a fan of Anime-Keep, and while I still respect the name, I think I'll be more inclined to get subs from their Conclave faction in the future; they seem to be the ones who'll be more likely to sub shows I'd be more inclined to watch.

I also like Ani-Kraze, the Triad, Lunar, Ayu (even if they do make molasses in a Siberian winter look fast), Anime-Empire, Froth-Bite, ANBU (who need to hurry up and release the rest of Starship Operators), and Static-Subs. AnimeYuki is decent, but they're not my favorites; they do have the advantage of doing series other groups won't touch. (It's from them that I'm getting Futakoi Alternative). There are also other groups that have popped up this season for some shows that I'll have to take a look at to determine if I'll keep up with them in the future (I've been told that Section 9 is the best group for Erementar Gerad, for example).

As a final note, though they're pretty much silent now, I liked Anime-Station. They're the ones I got r.o.d the TV and Koi Kaze (not like there was much choice here) from.

sakurasuki

sakurasuki

rakuen

akeep, ao, live-evil, um.. yeah. a lot of them from scarywater. :)
the way they translate fits accurately with what the character means, and they have the least misspelled words/ grammar.

but.. i try to not stare at the subs in order to practice more of my aural comprehension. ^_^

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I don't really care, as long as translation is accurate and quality is good, then its all good, plus each fansub group seems to focus on certain genres so yeah

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I am a big fan of Solar and Lunar, their translation is more consistent, and plus I like the font that they use in the sub, it is just the right size and color. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Anbu & Aone- they're awesome at accurate, good vocab tranlations (meaning proper spelling, easy to read, and no cussing!)

Dattebuyo- They're the fastest. Lol.

Claude

15th Division Taichou

i like any fansub tat does the anime wit high quality, such as anbu, aone, Lunar, Static-subs, Frost-Bite and Anime-Kingdom

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

I like Anime-Keep, Kick As Anime, Ayu and new Conclave. :D

You know what? As long as the quality is decent, the translations are good enough for me to understand waht's going on, i'm happy...but then again...there are som pretty funny things out there like BS-Subs that my friends have started. You can go check it out at bssubs.shenje.net

I do not download fansubs I don't like stealing other peoples work.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I like Anime Forever, Static-Subs, A-Keep, Anime Yuki, Shinsen, The Triad and KAA. Those are my favs!

Earn money reading e-mails here

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Okie dokie. . . I'm going to start posting the names of the fansub groups that members have indicated as their preferred groups at the top now; the numbers in parentheses are the number of unique members who have noted the particular group in question as one of their favorites.

I'll try to keep this as up to date as possible so that it can be of service to the community at large.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Quote by necromanzaI do not download fansubs I don't like stealing other peoples work.

I don't download fansubs to steal other peoples work but, rather download them so that I may view an anime that could possibly take years before it's translated and made available to DVD.(In my area.) On top of that, onced translated, the anime takes on a completely different meaning because they have to synch the words with characters mouth movement.

Fansubbers don't sub so that they can disrupt the distribution of one's intellectual property and promote piracy but, rather do it so that they can share a good, possibly great anime with people who does not understand the language. As a matter of fact, a lot of fansubbers are respectful on a studios request and will stop a project when requested to do so or if the anime is licensed. Also they ask you to support the anime once it's available in your area.(Which I do.)

But, I guess, to each his own as far as opinions go.

As fof which fansubbing group I prefer, I pretty much pick the group based on the release I'm looking for. Ishin, A-Keep, Conclave, AonE, AnY, Static-Subs are a few that comes to mind when it comes to acquiring an anime. Anime-Planet also gives great insight on who might possibly be subbing an anime and how each group compare as far as the quality of the release go.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by necromanzaI do not download fansubs I don't like stealing other peoples work.

As clone123 mentioned, many animes can take years (or never) get here. Look at how long Shinobuden has been out and that hasn't been licensed and it's great. Also, a lot of "professional" subs/dubs come out as really poor quality work. They just want to get a check and charge you ($40 bucks a DVD for only five episodes is a rip off btw especially now that more and more groups have stopped offering discounts for box sets). Fansub groups do it because they are fans and they almost always come out better and they're the uncut versions just as were shown in Japan.

If you feel like you're stealing them, I'd advise you to buy the Japanese DVDs and (if you don't speak Japanese) then download the fansubs.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

arayende

the many misconceptions of me

As said before it is fairly dependent on genre however I have to say that I'm most inclined to go with wannabe fansubs, aarinfantasy and well all the others [like anime-keep, ayu etc] have already been listed.

I've also found Iichan fansubs to be very professional but they soley deal with an anime called Emma which is why one would assume it turns out so well

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

animeone, animetwo, lunar and ayu

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I like groups that focus on older series, or just ones that aren't going to get vast audience attention. You know, not the latest thing that we know is going to be localized like the latest Gundam series or Gonzo production (I do like several Gonzo productions though).

Anyway groups that release more obscure titles- and with great subtitles, in order, include-

Live-Evil
Hikari No Kiseki (HnK)
Anime-Fansubs (just for their subbing Twin Spica..)
Central Anime (I think they just rip old fansub tapes, but I could be wrong.)
a.f.k.
Anime Coalition

Alcrin

Alcrin

The Ilusion

100-anti-kikyo. Because I hate Kikyo

Intentar sacar la espada no hará que salga. Intentar ser más fuerte no te hará más fuerte

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 64 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.