Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A concise guide on making gallery comments - Minitokyo

A concise guide on making gallery comments

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I've been looking through all the threads, n00b bibles and anything that seemed to be a sticky topic or a guide... including the Minitokyo Policy and the FAQs and I found nothing really on good guidelines on how to post gallery comments.

All this may be a little obvious to some, but I have decided to write this up onto a thread as a (nearing politically correct~ trying to not type wallpapers, changing them to artworks now... credit DernierCri) guide on how to post gallery comments. Really, it's so simple, but it confuses me sometimes when I receive a comment. I don't know if I should report some of them. *shrugs*

Here is just what *I* think. As I said there were no real guidelines found so these were ones I made up some time ago. I typed them up twice but never managed to post them anywhere, so here they are for everyone to read.

PS: WILL BE UPDATED WHEN I REMEMBER SOMETHING I FORGOT TO WRITE

***All examples of quotes are not real quotes. They were written by me as examples***

Also the credit parts are those comments I have received on this thread which has made me word some sections differently :) I'm getting there... I ain't perfect, so point out anything I have left out ;)

---===---
((what is going to be talked about in this guide))

* Introduction (credit casplim)
* Write something that is of use to the waller or drawer
* Don't write misleading comments (Don't download the artwork? Don't comment)
* Don't misuse sugar (Edited: for tareren)
* When commenting on a wallpaper, don't comment on the scan unless you've seen the original
* If you see there is nothing wrong with the artwork
* If there is something to criticise, remember WHAT, WHERE, HOW
* Keep comments objective rather than subjective (when it comes to criticism /credit KorganoS; first pronoun use/credit almina)
* Keep in mind the textual integrity of the scan
* Try not to rate artworks.
* Suggestions on commenting on scans (credit gekiganger)

---===---
Introduction

Due to a post from casplim, it triggered in my mind if this thread was misleading or not. I knew it was a bit, but here it is.

A gallery comment can:

* Praise an artwork
* Suggest things for improvement
* Condemn an artwork

Whilst all these are valid for commenting- do try to stay away from the last one... there is no use in flaming something that has nothing wrong with it. If you do feel it is poorly done, please PROVIDE REASONS (what where how... later in this guide).

Mostly gallery comments are a combination depending on what you are trying to comment on.

DISCLAIMER: This thread is NOT teaching you how to write your comments, and it is not complete. This thread is here to simply suggest a few other options and things you could possibly write in your comments.
In return, if you do try to follow some (not all) of these suggestions, you could 1. help reduce spam 2. help improve our galleries

I'm not a genie of course. This is just a thread with suggestions--- no more :)
Whether or not you choose to follow this guide is completely up to you- this is just here if you need or want it :)

---===---

* Write something that is of use to the waller or drawer

You may be surprised that there are many comments that fit over the 64 character limit but might as well not even be posted.

Quote: I never knew that you were going to submit this afternoon and I was so surprised when I got this notif and now I'm looking at the screen and now I'm looking at the colours and now I'm typing this comment. Good work I like.

It doesn't take me long at all to write something like that. Sure, it's legal, and still 'relevant', but it doesn't help an artist at all!

Say something that is based *ON* the artwork.

It doesn't take that long for you to at least squint at the thumbnail if you have a bad internet
connection- and if you can't make out anything at all (because you didn't download it) don't even bother commenting.

I know that there are people who don't download wallpapers or doujinshi and make a comment.
Don't do it! More than likely you are going to say something that:

1. Makes no real sense because you don't know what you're talking about
2. Will direct the artist to a part of the artwork which is perfectly fine
3. Copies the person above because you can't be bothered making your own comments.

GENERAL RULE: Don't download the wall? Don't comment on it

There are comments (like Kryuzei and toxictea23 mentioned) that aren't on the wall itself.

There are comments which advertise their wallpapers, and comments like the example above. They are not illegal, but I encourage you all to write comments that aren't like that, so that it's fair on the comment receiver. Besides, if you want to advertise, put the link in your signature. Posting a link in a gallery comment already takes up about 20 characters, so really, those who aren't bothered to type, won't type much about the wallpaper at all.

Also, Don't spacebar your way to 64 characters. It's unfair T_T

(Credit soujiokita) There are also LOTS of comments that look like this:

Quote: GREAT WALLIE!* :) :) :) :) :) I LIKE!

It's great you're so enthusiastic, but it is kind of spam :\ Try not to overuse emoticons and exclaimation marks... especially when they come one after the other ^_^' (* imagine lots of exclamation marks... Mt3 disabled that XP)

---===---

*Don't write misleading comments

I've seen many comments that can be paraphrased as:

Quote: there's nothing really wrong with this wallpaper but because I've got nothing better to do I'll just say that you have some extraction problems and that'll make you improve hahahaha.

NO.

Don't write anything like that. It confuses the artist, and it makes them wonder what's wrong with a perfectly fine piece of art. In other words, don't direct the artist to a section of the wallpaper which has nothing wrong with it.

---===---

*Don't misuse sugar

I've seen walls with a scan slapped onto a gradient background, with a few sparkles from photoshop default brushes and there are comments as such:

Quote: WOW! It's so pretty... this is so nice... this is so cute! Must fav.... must!

Uh... it's a nice comment, but it's misleading ^_^' But if you really think that way, go ahead!

But please:
BE HONEST and COURTEOUS about it.

While being nice about criticising something is really important, say it in a way that doesn't mislead the waller into thinking their stuff is completely fine- just let them know if they're on the right track or not.

Making a wallpaper requires a lot of effort.
Whether you are a n00b or someone who has been around here for a while, please take note that some wallpapers and artworks take even months to complete. It's horrible to get a comment which sinks the artwork.

SO:

* I suggest if you haven't seen their previous work, have a little look at that as well to compare and shell out some thoughts.

* While the comments should point out something wrong with an artwork, don't be too nasty. Use the correct sugar levels accordingly and appropriately.

If you don't want to be too mean, do something like this (and I encourage unmeanness):

Quote: The idea of the (in this case) wallpaper is nice and I know it's your first, but don't you think that this doesn't look too great for a desktop? I know that you'll improve for sure. Have a look at the extraction and download a new set of brushes ^_^

Look at the smilie at the end. Smilies do wonderful things in this world. Use them.

NB: Don't be mean when you're talking about a good artwork. Some people really do write nasty comments when there is nothing wrong. So please, if there is anything wrong, say it... accordingly to the 'wrongness' of the artwork.

By this, I mean that you should be as nice as possible, but don't ignore the flaws. Just nicely suggest what you think can be improved :)

Respect the artist when you make a comment, because works take a very long time to make, and a lot of concentration. The most important thing to keep in mind is that it'd be nice to have encouragement from fellow MTers; motivation to keep on walling, drawing or scanning: *not* super harsh criticism, because it's not very pleasant -.-'

---===---

*When commenting on a wallpaper, don't comment on the scan unless you've seen the original

Sometimes when wallers submit something, people tell them there is something wrong with it.

However, most of the time, people haven't seen the original scan. It is not the waller's fault for not editing the scan most of the time, because it can ruin the scan's textual integrity (the idea the original artist had when they were drawing the scan).

Some tips in the future:

1. Don't comment on the use of the scan.
It doesn't matter if the scan is ecchi, buff, an animal or mech, whatever. This will cut down on the number of these kind of comments:

Quote: CUTE GIRL!

NB: this is fine when commenting *on* a scan or on a doujin, but on a wall, it really doesn't help.

2. Only comment on elements of the scan or techniques used.
This includes extraction, colour contrast, pixelation (if any, which there shouldn't be), scan manipulation etc.

3. Comment on the suitability of the scan with the background.
Not a bad idea. Some walls are wonderful, but the scan doesn't fit. It's your job to tell em.

---===---
*If you see that there is nothing wrong with the artwork

Obviously you would want to post. This section is written for the likes of jakulito.

So if there's nothing wrong with the artwork, and you really like it, there's nothing wrong with writing:

Quote: Great (in this case) wallpaper! The colours are good and the scan goes really well with the background. I don't see anything really wrong with it. Great effort!

Provided that it has some sort of truth to it.

I'm sure that the gallery would gladly welcome these kind of comments rather than the "wow cute girl!" type comments.

Some things you can comment on (credit Chibi-Lizard)

* Colours
* The feeling / atmosphere of the artwork
* Symbolism or cleverness - do try to look into the motifs of someone's work :)
* Why you like it or not
* Suitability of background
* The cleanness or the dirtiness and how you feel about it
* Creativity or originality
* The technique used
(credit omni) eg. if you feel it took a lot of skill making the artwork, be it sketching or photoshop, mention that

These are some things you can talk about, without actually having to comment on the scan, and it helps the creator know what others feel about their work. ANYONE can write a decent comment containing these things :)

---===---

*If there is something to criticise, remember WHAT, WHERE, HOW
That's copyrighted by me. Don't steal it XD

==-==

***WHAT

You have go to be careful of what you are pointing out.

*There are poor details
Tell us. What details were lost in the first place.
eg. The details on her face are poor. I can't see her nose anymore.
(the NOSE is the what)

*Extraction problems
Then you must tell us where. On the arm, leg, hair- left side, right side, fringe, top of the head? A wallpaper is large.
(following the above example, the FACE is the where)

*Body proportionality problems
On a doujin artwork, you gotta say what.

BAD *below*

Quote: There's something horribly wrong with the characters

(What is wrong? Where on the character? How can I fix it? This comment tells me nothing.)

GOOD *below*

Quote: Your shoulders are drawn too straight

Be specific. The first one tells the artist nothing. What's wrong with the characters? You must tell them what. In the second example, it is clear that it's the shoulders. Very easy to determine the problem, and it can be fixed without confusion.

==--==

***WHERE[(...) be surprised how large an artwork is. In most cases it includes a character, so you must be specific.

The hair, the shoe, the eyes, the shoulders, the legs (left or right, please specify).

In most cases, it'd be great to give a comment like this:

Quote: There's a little white patch still stuck to her hair, just near the lowest branch of the tree

It's great to know that your commenters have seen the wallpaper or artwork, and know what they're talking about. Please include **WHERE** the problem is in the future.

==--==

***HOW

In most cases once you've specified the problem and where it is, wallers generally can figure out themselves how to fix it. However if you feel that you are commenting on someone who just started with photoshop or drawing, do try to provide an answer.

1. Refer them to a tutorial
If you know any, it'd be great to direct them to one. Otherwise, you can search up an existing thread with some good links.

2. Refer them to a group
There are plenty of groups in Minitokyo, and if you're not sure on how to give advice on these matters, I'm sure another group or member will.

3. On the matter of extraction problems, *never* tell them to use the magic wand
It's immoral. Just don't do it. The thing doesn't work 95% of the time. It's more likely to confuse people. So if you don't know, just say the pen tool. Or nothing at all.

---===---

*Keep comments objective rather than subjective (when critising)

Most of the time, wallers and artists do art for themself. You don't know what the artist was doing at the time of creating the piece, so bear that in mind.

And most of the time if only one person doesn't like a particular part of the artwork, chances are the artist will ignore you, unless you provide a ***logical*** reason. This may require you to mix the subjective and the objective together (eg. I feel that...) [credit almina]

BAD

Quote: Those hearts you put on are stupid. They look dumb.

GOOD

Quote: Those hearts... there are too many! I feel that they stand out too much as well... perhaps lower the contrast a bit or get rid of some?

Give a reason. State a fact. Don't look like an idiot.

When you don't criticise anything, you can always revert to the subjective

But bear in mind, subjective does not mean this:

Quote: I love Kira! Kira Rox! Kira lives in My Sox!

or

Quote: That section of the wallpaper is so annoying... blah blah blah

Keep your comment balanced. If you feel that it's a wonderful work of art, by all means, say so- but if you don't like something, at least try to justify it somewhat :\ It's not very nice when someone says that there is a particular aspect which is not nice, and the creator doesn't know why.

Comment vs Statement
Credit: tevi

Statements- yeah, shows you know what you're talking about, but try to make it meaningful.

Quote: You used black

Yesh, that's great... I know that too :\

Quote: Black here is great for the atmosphere!

:) You get the idea ? ^_^ That's something a lot nicer and meaningful ... <3

---===---

*Keep in mind the textual integrity of the scan

Textual integrity= the idea of the original scan

More than often you see comments criticising a wallpaper or artwork for being ugly.
If you do not know the anime or the category or the themes of the anime, chances are either you don't understand the wall, or either the waller doesn't understand the wall.

Most of the time, a rather 'unpretty' scan can *only* go well with an 'unpretty' background.
This is not the fault of the artist: it only can work one way. Usually you can tell.

The main point is, the background must fit in with the character. If they don't, obviously you can say something about it, and the artist will get back to you and explain things, if there was some sort of misunderstanding.

Another subheading under this is the artist's textual integrity

There are artists create stuff for themselves rather than for the general public. Respect their intentions when they made the piece.

---===---

*Try not to rate artworks. (credit tareren)

Rating artworks... uhhhh... well. Usually rating wallpapers don't provide any reasons... just a score. Really, it does fill up 64 characters and sometimes it's great that we know you've thought about giving a score, but really it doesn't say too much. It's a number @_@

We'll just leave scoring artworks to those who have joined groups to score artworks ^_^'

---===---
Commenting on scans
credit gekiganger

Well I didn't think of this before, so full credits. Here are some suggestions on what you could say on a scan:

* yes, "cute girl" is okay (since the poster didn't do anything to the scan, so these comments are generic but are still good to receive)
* colours
* feelings or ideas you get from the colours (dark, gloomy / happy, cheerful)
* art (the style of the artist or studio or whatever)
* rare scan or not (some might like to write down "wow this is a rare scan... I haven't seen this one before")
* scan quality ("high quality!" or "hmmm wish the quality was a bit better though")
* resolutions ("I wish this was in a larger size though..." or "great resolutions!")

There are probably more you could think of, but here are just a few :)
These could probably be applied to doujinshi as well :)

---===---

FOOTNOTES ~~~ why this was written for the general public

Artists make mistakes. Looking at a particular artwork for a period of time, really washes out the brain.
Artists check over their stuff before submission, but because of the long exposure time, sometimes it's really easy to miss out on a little thing.

Of course not *all* the time you'll hit a wallpaper with lots of mistakes if any- by all means go and write down I love this I'm using it on my desktop I can't wait to see your new stuff! That is perfectly fine- just remember to write something a little more that can tell the creator just some more info on how you feel about the work ;)

Hopefully by following this little guide, there will be better comments in the gallery in the future, and if one person, or two or three people will start to set this example, surely in the future many more will follow.

Improve the galleries! Cut down on spam.

It's all good people. Cheers.

Misa

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

I agree that some "idiots" use gallery posts as a form of contacting people, i have seen it a lot before...many many many times. If people need to contact someone, you use pm or guestbook. I agree, gallery comments are for critiquing and applauding the creator/designer.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Hey Misa...

You really got here but I think you have a point. I also reviewed the Policies since I don't have much thing to do here and no concise guidelines as you said.

I'm not an artist but considering your intentions, I'll agree on that! Geez... Galleries are not really perfect!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

well done, neechan! i couldn't have said it better myself :D
hopefully this will make people start having a clue on how to comment. >.>
the guide is here, people. USE IT! XP
:sweat: imbeciles...

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Well, thanks for taking the time to actually wrote the guidelines ^^ one interesting guidelines... ;D

On the point on 'don't boost the sugar' though, am sure if you are a beginner (or no waller), you would never know the difficulties/hard work that it took to make a wall... -_-
i know cos I am also a n00b once (my 1st wall was made 6 mths ago), well everybody was.. and i still remember that before I actually understand Photoshop, I really do not know whether a wall take up so much effort or not, the only thing that can guide me is the details that is provided by the artist, such as amount of layers, hours they put in, and such... >_<
Of course now that I understand PS much better, I know which wall would take up more time,which would be really difficult to do and all... XP
So if the n00bs are making that kind of comment, you can't really blame them since they (kinda) dunno wat they are talking about... :) ugh, am not trying to argue with you here,but maybe you can edit that part a bit (for the n00bs...)

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenmaybe you can edit that part a bit (for the n00bs...)

Hmm... I think that's a good idea since some n00bs are just making comments and faving walls for no particular reason... oh yeah, there's one actually...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

aye... ok then... I was trying to write that part better but I spose I'll have to reword it a bit...

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

That's a great guide kuroimisa, thanks for putting in the effort of typing it up. I agree especially with the "Keep comments objective rather than subjective" point. Hopefully we'll see a bit less n00b comments and a bit more useful ones. :-)

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

hacha..you could've changed to elite member Misa-san.
Oh yeah, forget to tell you that there are some people who are distributing they're wally instead commenting other people wall.( some of the comment just say "good" or something like that).
Is it okay or something?

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Ahhhh.... I know what you mean. There are some people who advertise their own wallpapers in gallery comments.

It's not illegal, but I think that it's not that of a good idea.

Firstly, putting the link to their own scan is probably going to take up more than 20 characters anyway... you can't stop them.... :\ but those don't say much about the gallery item, do they?

Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

yep..... just said that its good.. or maybe "wow !!" or something like that, its just like they didn't want to comment it. duh..
oh yeah.. i still doesn't understand about the footnote problem..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

This is basically aimed at those who have great walling techniques. Why would I listen at a comment from a guy who doesn't even know what a brush is.

And another thing, the truth hurts. Not many people can accept criticism in their works like you. And people are lazy (don't lie to yourself), even if you did take some time in making a grand comment, only a handful of people will use that as a basis on updating their current sub or use it on another.

You probably hate me the most, kuro, and you wish that I should get fed to sharks while tied to a boat because I don't give constructive comments.

But anyways here's somethin that I know you'll love:

Nice Thread!!!

Signature

Flummox

Flummox

Figment of my Imagination

Its so true, ive had a look through some of the most popular scans, walls (havent rally looked though doujins, not really my interest), most of the comments are in the range of "wow, cute, nice colours, +fav.
I reckon its ok to fav something even if you dont comment. As for some of the most popular walls and scans, your oppinion doesnt actually get read by anyone, so you just spam it. I personally dont comment on scans or walls becasue of that, and im not exactly proficient at PSP and the like.
And as jakulito said, not many people actually take heed to what you say.
Im not sure if i mae much sense with this post, but i know what im saying ^^
Nice one
^_^=V

I'm mearly a figment of my imagination

Signature

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, a true friend will be siting next to you saying "Damn that was fun!"

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by jakulitoThis is basically aimed at those who have great walling techniques. Why would I listen at a comment from a guy who doesn't even know what a brush is.
And another thing, the truth hurts. Not many people can accept criticism in their works like you. And people are lazy (don't lie to yourself), even if you did take some time in making a grand comment, only a handful of people will use that as a basis on updating their current sub or use it on another.
You probably hate me the most, kuro, and you wish that I should get fed to sharks while tied to a boat because I don't give constructive comments.
But anyways here's somethin that I know you'll love:Nice Thread!!!

I do accept criticism on my works, but you never made a proper comment on my works. Especially the last one you wrote. It had basically nothing on my wallpaper.

And a good proof to how I accept criticism is by updating my wallpapers. Something many people don't do.

And I know people are lazy. They won't even read this. But I'm here to write what I think. That's all. I don't really care if people think this is a bad gallery commenting guide. It's just a guide. It's a free community and it states in the Policy that we have freedom of speech and that we can express our thoughts accordingly. Whatever you think is your business Jak. I'm here to just do what I think is needed.

And this is not aimed at those with great walling techniques. It is aimed at anyone, so that when they make a comment they will think twice before trying to level up. The amount of spam in galleries is silly. I'm not surprised why there are so many poor quality entries being submitted: because even friends can't comment truthfully.

And on top of that, it doesn't matter if I can or can't take criticism. I usually have, or else why did I keep submitting? And now it doesn't matter at all. The thing that matters is that people start commenting properly. And I said I'm not walling. Damn straight I'm not going to. That way, with one fewer submitter like me, there'll be less spamming, and until then I'm going to make this gallery commenting work as much as I can. You can carry on with whatever Jak. This is my own business.

Quote by Kryuzeiyep..... just said that its good.. or maybe "wow !!" or something like that, its just like they didn't want to comment it. duh..
oh yeah.. i still doesn't understand about the footnote problem..

it's not a problem. It's a conclusion.

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Very enlightening thread, Misa! Mad props to you.

I'd like to see some sort of decrease in n00b comments from now on.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

*I bash my head against the wall*

Okay let me put something up. I know you're cool in accepting comments from anyone, but I just wanna ask:

Would you take advice from a great artist SilentMasamune or a nobody named Dirt who don't know what a brush is?

Of course, it's more practical to listen to someone who has exceptional skills rather than a beginner. And beginners usually make this kind of stuff like CUte Wall or Nice Girl comments.

But as you said, mah biz-nazz is my biz-nazz.

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

I know what you mean. Of course there are guidelines to who has more authority making comments. That's why I wrote that if you're not sure, just don't write anything.

Look, even noobs can write something like this:

Quote: Great wallpaper! The colours are good and the scan goes really well with the background. I don't see anything really wrong with it. Great effort!

I'm not saying that these comments are bad. They still comment on the wall, and they aren't spam. If only noobs could write something a bit more substance like what I just wrote. I'm sure it's not that hard.

But whatever, I'll add that point up to the top.

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Well, actually I think we should try to be in the shoes of the n00bs more.. (note that what I meant by n00bs are those who are beginner in walling, not n00bs in MT overall)
I mean, they dun really know what to say and all, and since they are not that good in walling (or never wall at all), >_< they cannot just pinpoint the fault that is apparent in a wallpaper, and they think that this particular wallpaper is perfect with no fault whatsoever...^^ therefore there are those who made comments such as 'nice wallpaper, really great' and all.. not cause they are spamming, just bcos they dunno wat else they could write there since they find no fault with it :D
so we cannot really say to them that if they do nt have reputation (or no expert in walling) they cannot comment..(I think this will offend them) there are times that some walls as forms of art (yes walling is an art IMO) can touch some people and give some touching impressions on some and people just wanted to comment on this, about how great the wall is and how it 'moved' them and all.. And this kinda comment is good sometimes cos it can b a great motivation to the wallers ;) so as long as it is not total spam (OMG the girl is so cute, so sexy, i wanna eat her... OR OMG nice sparkle... +fav............................................ OR love the scan you used, fave............. OR something along those lines) I think it is pretty okay to comment ;) (provided they are really giving out their true honest opinions on the walls ^^)

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Then could you please point out what where and how I can change the first post then? >_<

I already added that section into the first page where it says *if you feel there is nothing wrong with the wallpaper*

people shouldn't follow it all, but if there are still any problems, please ... oshiete T_T

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Umm, what I mean is the part where 'if you don't have a reputation or you're not sure, just don't write anything.' thingy..I mean, >_< kinda not fair to them and all cos that way they cannot comment at all, .. but what if what they were saying are their true feeling? Uh, x_x I dunno how to help u change, cos I think you have your own view in this matter, am just pointing out that this part may offend some people and make them feel undermined.. maybe you could soften it, and it would be fine already ^^ I hope you could get my point in this...

Signature

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

mimi ... you're cawazie XD hahah .. i actually took nearly 15 mins reading this whole thingy (while arguing with mah ni-san >.< )

bout this part .. and also to tareren's post

Quote by mimi*If you see that there is nothing wrong with the wallpaper

i think a person could comment bout the colors (choice, usage, shade/tone, etc), the artistic value of the wallie, perspective (if the person has a lil knowledge bout walls), etc .. and maybe why that person likes the wall (other than the cute gurl scan >.<). i think maybe even n00bs should be able to talk bout the bg a lil ... like what's in the bg (eg. the trees in the bg ish lovely and they look real. i like how those fluffy clouds look and the sea looks so calm and peaceful. the colors used make the wall look happie and bright ~something like that ? >.<) dunno .. not sure ... x_x

so yeah .. kudos on the hard work and time taken to make this thread :D (i'll addiee this to the bottom of mah siggy)

and i notice lots of people likes to "spacebar" all the way for the whole post just to make it fit the 64 character limit >.<

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulitoThis is basically aimed at those who have great walling techniques. Why would I listen at a comment from a guy who doesn't even know what a brush is.

Geez... that made me really laugh...

Quote: And another thing, the truth hurts. Not many people can accept criticism in their works.

Right. I think that's a weird thing since as always... not all Walls or Doujins are perfect. There are certain glitches on their work and sometimes, even some sees that, are just ignoring things...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

ok.... trying again then @_@ lol... will add the space bar thing and will change the reputation thingo.... X_X will add about colours and stuff.....

Signature

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

ok here is my two cents...
when I post my works here I don't really expect or hope the comments to give me points for improvement, since I am not trying to reach this very much virtual term "better" wallpaper.
My only intent is to convey a feeling, an idea, or send a certain message to the fellow members... in this string of thoughts what i am looking for in a comment is the reaction of the viewer to the submitted piece. Once that reaction or reflection of the commenter is there, then i am glad to see his/hers suggestions on how this feel they got from the art can be enhanced even more... I hope that makes sense..

Think when you are commenting that you are writing a short essay on a book you've just read. Only this time the book is visual. You cannot judge it by the cover, so download full view (read it). Then write how it made you feel. and if it fits the intentions of the creator, he/she will feel very very good. But hey that doesn't mean sugar coating ok!!!

In one word: Enjoy and Reflect!!!
and for everyone's sake don't call every single submision a wall...
DCout~

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.