Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does anyone understand FMA? - Minitokyo

Does anyone understand FMA?

Tagged under Fullmetal Alchemist

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

chanome

*Shocked*

Hey people. Let me start this off by saying that if you havent seen the ending of FMA, you prob should leave since there are going to be spoilers. Anyways, I'm really confused about the ending of FMA. The whole thing with the door and the artifical humans doesnt make much sense to me. I dont understand how the door thing works and how the artifical humans die. Well, let me know so I can clarify things.

Well there are two worlds, the door is sort of a bridge between both worlds.
When people in one world die, their energy is transfered to the other world. With their energy people in the 2nd world (or the eric brothers world) can perform alchemy.

Thats how i understand it.
But i think the movie will explain it better!

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

ok that part is explained the homonculus[false human] are weakened when they come in contact with parts of their previous body that give edward enough time to create the alchemic circle which makes them regurgitate the pieces of the stone which gives them their strength do that and they are as good as dead, hope i helped at least a little

The door, as said before is the connection between teh two worlds: Hagaren (Where Ed and Al is from) and Circa (where Hohenheim was sent to from Dante through Rose's baby). As I see it the door can only be opened if somebody from Hagaren died or failed a Human Transmutation because thats where they arrive in front of to see the so called Truth of alchemy by the creature that is kinda like the guardian of the door.

The Homuculous are failed humantransmutations. They can have many lives due to the "red stones" that are given to them to eat...once those runs out in their body they die. And yes they are weakened...or rather immobile from seeing or being touched from an item of their previous body or life. Combiined w/ that and a seal you defeat a homuculous.

As for the ending of FMA...the very ending just well...symbolizes that Ed and Al will find a way to overcome the gate and find each other again

@___@ i'm a bad explaniner, hope this helped

Salvador Dali + Roy Mustang = Mad Men

And there's a movie to end the serie so...

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I still have to wait a few episode to see the ending. thanks anyway for the spoilers. I love spoilers.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by WMagnusI still have to wait a few episode to see the ending. thanks anyway for the spoilers. I love spoilers.

That's why I never read a thread about a serie I haven't finished to watch... but the problem is when it's a general thread like "when was the last time you cried ?" and the first post say a major spoiler in a book you haven't read yet... :'(

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

please think about adding the tag "spoilers" to your thread title

Signature Image

Quote by fireflywishesplease think about adding the tag "spoilers" to your thread title

A thread about a finished anime is only going to have spoilers.

Signature Image

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Note: heavy spoilers in my comment.

What is confusing about the homunculi? The homunculi, the 'artificial humans' of which you speak, are killed through a specialized alchemy array that incorporated the mercurial serpent (also known as Flamel's Cross), and an artifact. This artifact is usually a piece of the body of the original person that the homunculus was supposed to be - i.e. before Edward and Alphonse fought Sloth, Edward went back to Resembool and dug up their mother's grave so he could destroy the homunculus. That, plus deprivation of the Red Stone which gives them their power, are the only ways to permanantly kill them.

The Gate, (also known as Shinri no Tobira, the Door of Truth or also just The Truth) connects two worlds, if not more. (I'm assuming two, just for the sake of clarity.) It is where the energy is stored that fuels transmutation in Amestris, and that energy comes from people dying on the other side of The Gate. No one can easily travel through the Gate, it takes powerful alchemy and sacrifice to do so - Edward is the only person who's been through the Gate and back again that I know of.

Does that help at all?

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

FullMetalAlchemist02

The Greatest Swordsmen Alive

To go with Renkinjutsushi's comment the alchemy array for killing the homunculi drains all of their extra lives (which is why they cant be killed through conventonal method i.e. a gun shot to the head or spearing through the heart, "both happend to Lust") and also sealing their powers as long as they stand on the array.

On The Gate, Renkinjutsushi is right about it connecting worlds. It is also what allows Ed to use alchemy without an array, he has seen the other side of the gate and thus knows the truth, this allows him to bypass the need for the circles. How ever Renkinjutsushi was wrong about Ed being the only one, Dante has also seen the other side as she is keeper of the Gate and im assuming Ed's teacher also saw the other side of the Gate as she was Dantes student and can also use alchemy without a circle. If anyone has anymore questions let me know, im a huge fan of the series and i know almost everything about it.

DeadlyEraser

DeadlyEraser

Free Image Haxor

Quote by cheeseavatarWell there are two worlds, the door is sort of a bridge between both worlds.
When people in one world die, their energy is transfered to the other world. With their energy people in the 2nd world (or the eric brothers world) can perform alchemy.

Thats how i understand it.
But i think the movie will explain it better!

WTF! MOVIE! MUST SEE!

I never seen it..Only a couple of times and I didn't find it that great.. I mean, I think it's a great anime to have around and stuff--just something I would perfer watching.

DeadlyEraser

DeadlyEraser

Free Image Haxor

- Addition -

Oh and the gate is filled with the lives of the people from this world (our world, 1940's; that year was picked just because of the refrence to the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombing (also in Samurai Champloo...), did anybody notice?) and the lives of the people from our world fules the alcehmic reactions resulting in a transmutaion... but what confuses me is in the episode where Ed uses the no-circle for the second time (In the alchemy exam) how the guy that he saves, the one who makes the tower, he runns out of energy, and is exahusted. Whats up with that?

FullMetalAlchemist02

To reply to Deadly Eraser, the alchemist can run out of physical energy as too much strain is placed on the body, the more adept and alchemist is the longer they can use alchemy without being strained

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by FullMetalAlchemist02To go with Renkinjutsushi's comment the alchemy array for killing the homunculi drains all of their extra lives (which is why they cant be killed through conventonal method i.e. a gun shot to the head or spearing through the heart, "both happend to Lust") and also sealing their powers as long as they stand on the array.

On The Gate, Renkinjutsushi is right about it connecting worlds. It is also what allows Ed to use alchemy without an array, he has seen the other side of the gate and thus knows the truth, this allows him to bypass the need for the circles. How ever Renkinjutsushi was wrong about Ed being the only one, Dante has also seen the other side as she is keeper of the Gate and im assuming Ed's teacher also saw the other side of the Gate as she was Dantes student and can also use alchemy without a circle. If anyone has anymore questions let me know, im a huge fan of the series and i know almost everything about it.

I dont believe dante nor ed's sensei have seen the OTHER side of the gate, just the gate itself which the gate is "the truth". Only Ed and Hohenheim have been through and back right, which would explain Hohenheim's disappearence for so long.

i dont see the point of seperating when they could have been together, poor ed, hope it works out for him... ^_^'Oh wait its not real. OX

FullMetalAlchemist02

Quote by fluke

Quote by FullMetalAlchemist02To go with Renkinjutsushi's comment the alchemy array for killing the homunculi drains all of their extra lives (which is why they cant be killed through conventonal method i.e. a gun shot to the head or spearing through the heart, "both happend to Lust") and also sealing their powers as long as they stand on the array.

I dont believe dante nor ed's sensei have seen the OTHER side of the gate, just the gate itself which the gate is "the truth". Only Ed and Hohenheim have been through and back right, which would explain Hohenheim's disappearence for so long.

Dante is the keeper of the Gate, she has seen the other side as has Ed's teacher, both have performed human transformations and created homunculi. They can also use alchemy without circles and that only happens when one has withnessed the "truth".

*deep breath* Ok, I've seen the movie and I've read the manga as well... hopefully I'll help... With the gate aka The Truth aka The door, it is a midpoint between our world and Ed's world. Currently in our world, it's WWI, hence Alter!Ed getting Zepplin'd. There are alter people in our world that are very similar to people in Ed's world (HagaRen world). Once a person dies, they don't go into the alternate world, their soul goes into the afterlife, etc. In the movie you come across many people the we know and love in the Hagaren world, but they don't know Ed in our world.

Homunculi die by having their stones transmuted out and killing them like a normal human or keep on killing them until they die. The number of times you have to kill a homunculus depends on how many stones they ate. Pride died after a few tries because he was almost human. He had only eaten a few stones, he was a human before, but then he got turned into a homunculus. The don't explain that in the anime, but they do in the manga. It took many many tries to kill the other homunculi because they had eaten many stones.

*MOVIE SPOILERS*
Ed and Hohenheim are the only ones who have been across the gate, at least in the anime. In the movie, many more people go across. The title of the movie is The Conqueror of Shambala. Well, Shambala is the Hagaren world. Dante and Izumi have never seen our world, that I know of.
*END MOVIE SPOILER*

I hope I cleared some things up, and if I didn't I'm very sorry...

FullMetalAlchemist02

Quote by Winry-Rockbell10*deep breath* Ok, I've seen the movie and I've read the manga as well... hopefully I'll help... With the gate aka The Truth aka The door, it is a midpoint between our world and Ed's world. Currently in our world, it's WWI, hence Alter!Ed getting Zepplin'd. There are alter people in our world that are very similar to people in Ed's world (HagaRen world). Once a person dies, they don't go into the alternate world, their soul goes into the afterlife, etc. In the movie you come across many people the we know and love in the Hagaren world, but they don't know Ed in our world.

Homunculi die by having their stones transmuted out and killing them like a normal human or keep on killing them until they die. The number of times you have to kill a homunculus depends on how many stones they ate. Pride died after a few tries because he was almost human. He had only eaten a few stones, he was a human before, but then he got turned into a homunculus. The don't explain that in the anime, but they do in the manga. It took many many tries to kill the other homunculi because they had eaten many stones.

*MOVIE SPOILERS*
Ed and Hohenheim are the only ones who have been across the gate, at least in the anime. In the movie, many more people go across. The title of the movie is The Conqueror of Shambala. Well, Shambala is the Hagaren world. Dante and Izumi have never seen our world, that I know of.
*END MOVIE SPOILER*

I hope I cleared some things up, and if I didn't I'm very sorry...

Well you did kinda, lol but then how can both of them use alchemy without transmutation circles? and they use the blue alchemy light when they use alchemy and it was my understanding only people who knew the truth could use that otherwise there is no way around needing a circle or a fake alchemist stone or red water ect. XO lol if anyone can clear this all up please do because im kinda confused.

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

Well the manga keeps going... no clue if they'll do any more eps. Right now I am buying the translated Mangas from my new fave store I found in my city. :D

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

FullMetalAlchemist02

The movie takse place after he crosses the gate....maybe it would give some insight into it

There will be no new episodes of FMA ever coming out again. The anime is finished in Japan, I have seen the whole thing.

With the whole transmutation circle thing, anyone that has seen the truth, and remembers it, can clap their hands together and perform alchemy. Al has seen the truth, but he forgot what it was, so he needs a circle. Even though they have seen the Truth, they still need to obey the laws of equivalent exchange. There are somethings that are very different in the manga.
*MANGA SPOILER*
In the book, Al actually tries to remember the truth, and he does remember it. In later books, he can clap his hands together and perform alchemy just like Ed and Izumi. In fact, Ed feels less powerful after Al is able to do that. It was quite funny...
*END MANGA SPOILER*
I over analyze things a lot in FMA, so if there are anymore questions, just ask!

FullMetalAlchemist02

so i was right ed's teacher has seen the truth?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.