Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will you trust your online friends? - Minitokyo

Will you trust your online friends?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 61 total items

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if everyone trust their online friends from the beginning (online meet) to the end (the actual meet and a bloom of friendship)? If not, why so? If so, why? Please explain your reasoning for trusting or not trusting your online friends.

s9031496c

s9031496c

.:. NAMIE .:.

I'm not sure but I do trust them b'cos they are kind and friendly ppl whom I can share my thought to^^

Thanx endoftheworld for the sig^_^
Signature
You can call me Namie or Batrisha. May God Bless ya always!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Dumb question, we know nothing about our online buddies. Why the fuck should we trust them right off the bat? That's probably the response you wanted, but I say WTF is your problem for asking a dumb question anyway. I have to be brutally honest, we are not saints, nor are we perfect. It's ok, no matter the mistakes you make, perfection lies in imperfection.

-repeat-

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

yes I know it is dumb. But ideally not everyone is like "Oh its an online friend, I won't trust him/her until I meet him/her." I trust some of my online friends, but not to the extent of making me fall into a trap or hole of something terrible.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

I agree that some of my online friends are just pretending >_>

but not all...
I trust some of them... that always care for me :)

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

hmmm.... thats hard, it all depends on how long iv known them, I guess... and of couse how much I know about them as well.^____^

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

ChunkySkillz

ChunkySkillz

~Kira Yamato~

Quote by Ayasalhmmm.... thats hard, it all depends on how long iv known them, I guess... and of couse how much I know about them as well.^____^

But what if they lied or told you the wrong info about themselves?
Well, I think I can trust online friends, coz what will they gain from fooling us? Unless, if they tried to do something suspicious of course. I knew this coz one of my friends often tricks someone in the net.

Group Administrator of ~ Make-A-Friend ~ MT-Singapore ~ Kira-Lacus~Athrun-Cagalli

Signature Image
Friends need not agree in everything or go always together, or have no comparable other friendships of the same intimacy. On the contrary, in friendship union is more about ideal things: and in that sense it is more ideal and less subject to trouble than marriage is.

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

I trust a few. There are sum where i feel like were family other i just dont talk to as much. There is 2 MT members here where i feel like i can trust them. Cy and Wint.

pheniox87

show your true nature to me

They cover my back and i'll cover there's. end of agreement, they may feel differently about me, but that is there problem, not mine.

my reason is that i just don't trust people anymore.

Two phrases that i live by:
1) "what once was, is and shall be again, that is the way of all, and it is the one true constant."
2) "there is no reason to ever get mad, it is a waste of energy and it dulls your ability to think through things before acting."

People just add me and i just be nice to them as possible.
For the question, I rarely have a real friendship face-to-face.

We are Humanoids :P

Gavrieel

Gavrieel

Eternal Daydreamer

I tend to trust other people, no mater if I know them only on-line or IRL, but it's not like I trust everyone in everything :/ The longer I know them, the more I trust them... but there are only a few people whom I really trust.

if u no this person for lyk 4 years or sum then mayb u can trust them a lil.. but to a stranger, they could jus lie abt their kindness then call u out.. then kidnap u.. it mayb happen

I don't trust the random people I meet online at all. If I trusted someone, I would feel free to tell them personal information ahout myself, but its extremely dangerous to tell a stranger you can't even see things like that. Haven't you ever seen that commercial where that girl is talking to her online friend on the computer, and on the other end is an old man pretending to be some 14 year old boy?? And then the old man turns out to be a policeman, and he comes to visit the girl and her family to let her know she told him enough information for him to kidnap her! It may seem drastic, but its possible.

Ahhhhh I'm hungry.

ryuu-niisan

ryuu-niisan

The Ninjama

i trust two online friends, hahaha ><" one i have known for 7 years now, and they other one 3. but to trust someone from the beginning just aint my thing, its just like trusting some total stranger you meet on the street. the only certain thing that will come from trusting a stanger is betrayal.

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

uhmm...some i fink

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I trust noone so I care less...

But if I'm to trust someone here, it's only one...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

i trust the ones i have now and will till we meet. i have no reason not to believe them

Well, I've got a veeery nice onlinefriend, we know each other for 3 years already I think, and we know each other pretty well. I just don't have the feeling that she somehow tell lies, and I have a good sense for that.

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

I guess u can trust them after time but, i had this expericence of a friend online who posed as a 16 yr old and ended up was 22...so sad she lied to me and 2 other fellows but i didn't mind i guess she had her reasons or sumthing...but now she anit online no more so sad...

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

elsenrail

hmmm.... i must say..

some can be trusted, some can't. for me, there is a certain level of trust towards people online.
i even trust a person who i havnt seen yet but i dont mind (from online games). its just up to your discretion and experiences with that person if you decide to trust or not. However some people are just good actors, so watch out! ^_^

Signature

Not for me, but always for somebody else .....

most people does not believe online friends...this is because they think most online players arent serious about one relationship... but they are actually wrong!there are some people who really wanted to be friend with others...they wanna talk about their problems and matter.....i was one of them^^so if anyone wanna chat with me,u can add me in msn(zack_cass@hotmail.com) or in Yahoo(yapkarming@yahoo.com)...Please dont send me virus,spam,bug,etc...><

never.
online friends are cool
but they could be lying their ass to you.
the most i would ever do with an online friend is meet them and maybe watch a movie with them.
i wouldnt trust letting them in my home, or with money etc.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Quote by jasaiyajinDumb question, we know nothing about our online buddies. Why the fuck
should we trust them right off the bat? That's probably the response
you wanted, but I say WTF is your problem for asking a dumb question
anyway. I have to be brutally honest, we are not saints, nor are we
perfect. It's ok, no matter the mistakes you make, perfection lies in
imperfection.

and I am also stating that the question starts with "will" that shows a possiblity in trusting.
So this makes this thread exactly an opinionated topic for everyone.

I do trust some of my online friends: those in cal, washington, and canada (I dun want to list them).
I already have talked to many of them for a long time (some more than a year, some more than several months and others...)

But then what is the point in adding people to your friendslist continously without an intention of trusting them or even meeting them, since you always will have doubt of strangers?

lol, i will try to let them knoe mi n i will try to knoe them, i will try my best to trust them, as i believe this world is still not tt decay..

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 61 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.