Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How did Anime get into your life? - Minitokyo

How did Anime get into your life?

page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next » 396 total items

Well, for me my cuz brung over Naruto around last year 1-54 or so and when i watched all that i thought woah... there must be more then this, and bam today I've seen over 150+ animes and still going.

stoven2005

stoven2005

Toshi-san

it was all my brother's fault several years ago...and i am always thanking him for it :)

"Nothing can ever come from being around normal people."

me.. my friend kinda introduced me to anime when we were just 7...
and I liked it and I watch Anime ever since.......

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

Well, i kno alot of Asians (not trying to b a racist or generalise or anything like that!) at my skool, and weneva i hang around them they r always talking about Naruto and Bleach. I wanted to kno wat was soo good about it so i saw a couple of episodes. and yeh, it went from there.

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

MystralBlade

MystralBlade

[MystralBlade]

I realized I was already watching it maybe sometime after I got over watching popular Japanese action heroes like Bioman/Maskman (aren't those anime-themed as well?)
Like I was uhm... 8years old maybe? sometime in 1989 O.o and YES - I'm OLD lolz dun remind me tee hee <3

[Keep it Cool Keep it Real with "Jenny's Music"]
~Respect is Earned Not Readily Given~

my grampa introduced me to it when I was like 4?

i think the first anime I watched was Doraemon ...the first episode ....it was great but I lost the VHS >.<

I the middle of grade 6, my friend introduce me to anime

It's a bit silly thing but first time when I saw anime was on the video out of my fathers locker.It was hentai VHS Night shift nurses if I recall.Watched it ( at the age of 12) and after that I started drawing girls and boys with big swords :D No return ,

Zero37

Genosis

Well, my first experience with anime was Sailor Moon on TV when I was about 7-8, and a few years later, DBZ (oh the pain). So, I'm sure you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw InuYasha and a couple of others, and found that they were actually GOOD - at least compared to DBZ they were, anyway (which, ofc, is comparable to watching paint dry).

Armagedon

Armagedon

OH! Yeah

Anime got into my life first when I was a young kid, I used to watch Voltron and Transformers(late 80s early 90s, yes people i am that old) after that i stop,until recently I started watching Adult Swim, I instantly got hooked on Inu Yasha and Gundam 0083, and lets not forget Cowboy Bebop. I have to say that Cowboy Bebop did it for me since then I have accumulated to over two hundred titles.

oh boy, i got into anime by a great friend of mine ( I thank her ) I was staying the night over at her house for the frist time and we were eating when she dropped everything cold because her shows were coming on. I watched them with her and found that it was really cool, so i slowly got into it from then.

I can't remember what station it used to come on. But I was in elementary school, and I remember getting up in the morning and watching Speed Racer before I went to school.

1979 - Speed Racer and Starblazers! I was hooked from then on out. Astroboy was next. I didn't really know what I was watching then. I was just a baby. It was cartoons! I didn't really understand what it was until 1984 with the airing for Robotech (Macross). I think that was when I became a true fan. I was not able to start collecting until 1995 when I was a teenager with a job finally. My first anime purchases ever were black magic M-66 and akira on VHS. Ten yeas later I now have over 400 anime shows on DVD and I run a local anime club in Fort Worth called otaku high. ^_^ V I may be old.. But I bet I make more cash in a day then you do all week and it all goes to the anime industry and to the cause I have crusaded for years; convert Americans from watching eye melting brain numbing American animated crap to watching Japanese Life giving anime! I have proudly in my time converted 24 people to the Otakuism religion and still going.

When I die I plan to have my coffin drapped with anime wall scrolls and have my entire model collection come with me. rock! ROCK on!

Signature

well i got hook in this anime called Yuyu Hakusho, i was new from me because of the plot is very intersting and unique, if you compare to american cartoons. and after that i started looking for new animes.

My brother introduced anime to me when he started download Love Hina and Slayers episodes and I've loved anime since then.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

My brother showed me anime shows when I was young. But since then when I got older, he didn't need to show me anime shows anymore. Cause I wasn't dumb

Quote by Zero37Well, my first experience with anime was Sailor Moon on TV when I was about 7-8, and a few years later, DBZ (oh the pain).

Same here...when I was in, say 4/5th grade. I watched a few eps with my sister, but we lost interest...

Though, the first time that anime really got into my life was when a friend of mine introduced me to "Air" (which was 6 or 7 months ago). I loved the series, so I started looking for other anime of that genre or similar, those kinds of anime appealed to me the most. I thank him for showing me :D

This is my signature!

I was at my friend's house and we both watched Ninja Scroll for the first time. The quality of the animation and the mature nature of this animated film blew me away. Too bad the next films he let me borrow were crap like Angel Cop, Violence Jack, etc. If I hadn't picked up the Ah! My Goddess OAVs off my library shelf, I probably would stopped watching anime then and there.

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

A long time ago when i went to a comic book convention with my brother I came across a manga section and as I was reading the mangas there, it just took over me and I loved anime ever since.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo da Vinci

Well I first got into anime with the dubbed Sailor Moon. I never knew that was anime though until a long time ago. I lost interest, but my friend got me back into it.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

same here, watched the first one where there was a kid with sharp ears or hair....which is actually astroboy, found it interesting at the age then and continued chasing that genre of entertainment....
however, my style of preference now encompass the following traits....
1. Miko
2 maid
3 nekomimi
4 swimsuits
5 waitress
6 school uniforms
7 nurses
8 sm
9 more nekomimi
10 more fetish....

i am sick am i....

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Kassatsu

Lucky's Gal

Few years ago I was flipping through the channels and came across some anime. Stopped and watched, stayed with it.

-Kass

:o Liek. W. teh. F.
Signature
(\_/)
(-_- )
(><)
This is not Bunny. This is Commander Bunny.
He's second in command of the Evil Bunnies.
He WILL dominate this world.

<('.'<) ^( '.' )^ (>'.')>
Kirby can out dance anyone. So, admit your defeat.

~Day-Dreamerz~
~Love-to-Stars~

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

i used to watch digimon when i was younger, but i didnt know that was anime. and then about 2-3 years ago i saw an episode of Inuyasha on tv and from there i started watching more animes and became a fan. :D

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

Hm...i grew up with animes...don't know what my fist anime was...i can remember Galaxy Sheriffs, Thundercats, Nadia and Saber Rider...

page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next » 396 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.