Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why can I save a jpeg pic only as a bmp ? - Minitokyo

Why can I save a jpeg pic only as a bmp ?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Ok, I'll make a thread since that doesn't seem to be a thread about that - and not mix my post with another thread a little related.

I can only save the files as bmp -the "downloaded files"- with IE even though the files are jpeg... I think this situation has begun last friday.

And I have deleted the files in the Intet Explorer temporary files, I have restarted IE, I have even deleted the cookies to be sure, I have restarted my comp. I have checked how many place there is left in the harddisk.

I went to animewallpapers to be sure that I can save jpeg files as jpeg files, and that worked fine.

The interesting thing is that the walls or pics opened (the greatest pic) don't seem to go to the IE "Temporary files" while others (background, thumbnails...) do - and no problem with saving these last as jpeg or whatever format they are.
I can't even save the webpage.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

that's what I meant in the other thread. I can save jpg from other sites, I have emptied the temporary internet files folder and yet it does not work.
and I have emptied it twice, just to make sure everything is deleted.

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

I'd like to know the reason for this as well.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

Kouta-domo

Kouta-domo

Dark Savior

i have the same problem sometimes, but there is a way to fix it yourself.
i use a image viewer program to change the format myself.
the one i use is called FastStone Image Viewer.
you can download it at this website http://www.faststone.org/

Do as you heart tells you,
so you won't regret it later.
War brings Sorrow, but we must fight
to protect our loved ones from the sorrow.

Quote by Kouta-domoi have the same problem sometimes, but there is a way to fix it yourself.
i use a image viewer program to change the format myself.
the one i use is called FastStone Image Viewer.
you can download it at this website http://www.faststone.org/

That's quite a waste of time to change back every picture... anyway, I think that when we change a format, we can't have back the original picture. Had fun once reducing the size of jpeg pics by saving as jpeg pics with different names with ACDsee without touching anything else (sometimes the colors were a little different).

I've tried downloading five scans, vector art or wallpapers, I had to save all of them as bmp (Impressed that a 500 kb scan became a 10 Mo file)

Signature

I changed it with ACDSee as well, I tried it again some hours later and the images remain bmp.
But this only happens to IE, not to firefox, right?

I am also having the same problem. I can only save pictures from Minitokyo -- and only MT -- as .bmp files. This happened to me before with a different website and I looked it up. The problem that time had something to do with multiple periods in the filename. I remember though that very long filenames can cause the same problem.
Oh, and changing the pictures from .bmp to .jpg every time is not merely annoying, but also noticeably lowers the quality of the pictures.

Edit: I just tested saving images with Firefox and it worked fine. It turns out the problem (in IE) is the same as it was for me last time it happened; that is, there are periods in the filename that somehow screw with Internet Explorer.
:hmpf:

normally it happens when the temporary internet files folder is too full. but mine is about empty now and other sites work fine

so I guess it must either be something wrong with MT or it just won't cooperate with IE anymore

I guess wasn't the only one with this problem. Yeah, I tried all the things above and none of them works. It only started to save as BMP file recently so maybe its a server bug or something like that. Hopefully, they will fix it soon or else every image we download will be 10 megs.

you can change pictures from bmp to jpg yourself with ACDSee or any other image program. it is a bit annoying, but better than nothing

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Well, you could change it by typing ".jpeg" in the file name, but that's annoying. Why have the files changed from jpeg's to bmp's?

well, obviously nobody knows and nobody can't do anything about it. it does seem to be IE's problem, not the personal problem with computers as I can save .jpg pics from other sites, just minitokyo is giving me this problem. but also it worked when this version was installed, so it can't really be related to that either!

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

I'm facing this problem too... Hope someday it'll be fixed cause it's very boring to have to save pics as bmp and then convert them to jpeg...

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

TekkZero

TekkZero

Kouji Maeda Must Die!

I have the same problem too, used ACDsee to convert the pics to jpg, but anyway, I would like to know why this happens too :P

ZERO: "Begone, My Nightmare!"
X: "Farewell, My Destiny!"

"FINAL STRIKE!!!!!"

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

It also slows down the amount of wallpapers and scans I download...

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

In the past I have seen websites use ActiveX components to try to protect images on their site by making it very annoying to save them as bitmaps. They would often leave the component active on all sites. Try removing suspicious ActiveX components.

In your Internet Options in the Temporary Internet Files area, click Settings, then View Objects. I only have the JRE in there, but most people have a ton of crap.

Signature Image

I'm having the same problem, but there is a way to get the
jpeg file in IE. When you are viewing the full size image choose
save as... from the file menu and save the entire page.
Unfortunately you end up using double the amount of
credits since the download page is visited twice.

o got lost halfway with some of thee techinical talk going on, since the upgrade to MT, everything's been saving as ginormous bitmap files, and i've been having bucket loads of fun converting them manually with photoshop, but i think i might try a different browser (since you guys say it's something to do with IE) like firefox, thanks for the info and thanks to the thread maker for referring me here ^_^

I think the double credit use is also no solution really. it is a bit strange we all got the same problem around the same time though

I really think the too long namefile with lot of dots is the problem with IE.

I know that when MT3 was first "out", there wasn't this problem cause the namefile was something like 189465.jpg.
Well at that moment, I didn't have trouble saving my files.

But it has been changed to something like :
wallpaper.anime.soukyo.no.fafner.nameoft(...) .

I've read that we could perhaps choose how the file is named in a close future, so that's maybe no "official" response so far.

If I could change "my" browser (I really like FireFox), I would but since the computer I use isn't mine...

---
me just watching my credits rising without spending them

Signature

but now we at least have a solution.
I was a bit worried over this issue. It is not my computer as well, so I can't change the browser so easily, but at least I know that I did nothing wrong.
Thanks for finding out, almina

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

does it work now?

ysb2552

ysb2552

Neko mania

heh i guess its working fine with me now :nya:

Signature

Oh that works now. Thank you Shequel.

Signature

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.