Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rozen Maiden Gothic - Who is behind you? - Minitokyo

Rozen Maiden Gothic - Who is behind you?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3435/rozen1600x1200v14ma.th.jpg
I've been working on making this wallpaper for the UA8 contest... but I keep getting stumped... initially I wanted to do a scenic, but I suck at scenics and I'm tired of them... So it turned into this. The verse is a children's game with a spooky overtone to it where the last line is a question "Who is behind you now?" Since this contest is 1. Gothic and 2. Meant to be post-halloween, I wanted to do a spooky-feeling wall. And I vectored the two dolls because their outfits are gothic... But now I'm stumped and I think the wallpaper looks horribly pathetic... please help me bring this wall up to snuff!

The idea I had is the doll in green is singing the song casually, and the villain of the series Suigintou shows up in the shadows behind them. for the spooky air...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

You might try doing a background with abstract art? Since you vectored the characters, maybe you can vector the background as well? You seem to be good at that.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

But I'm not sure what to do... I know nothing about abstract art... the only thing I'm really good at is vectoring...

Signature

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

the idea of having the doll in green laying her head into the other doll's lap is great.
uhm...as for the background...if you're trying to create a spooky atmosphere....a scenic bg would be more appropriate...cuz i think an abstract bg would be quite hard to achieve that....well....that's in my opinion...lol
so..what kinda of bg would fit?....here are some thoughts that i came up with
the blue doll sitting on a chair...her back facing the window...and the villain u've mention, Suigintou?...outside, peeping at them....wooo =_=
so i'd make them smaller...since they are taking up most of the wall's space.
good luck to u in the contest ^^

boo

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

well, firstly the text is really distracting.. and I find it very hard to read. The name at the bottom of the wallpaper is too overpowering as well... it clutters it up a bit...

I also don't like how it covers over your vectors... they are so clean and then there are these dark bits over it. The face in the top right is kinda distracting too >.< I would probably just not use it ^_^'

I think that if you put them in a doll house, that'd be nice :)
Just some simple wall panels or wallpaper and a little window ^.^ Maybe some curtains... and that's it :D

I know you might be a bit sick of scenics... hmmm... well grunge could work...
Abstract would be a bit harder to use in a gothic theme, but if you remember the UA collab on the left, what I did was simply draw a shape with the pentool, set it on different transparencies, blending modes and I duplicated it, scaled and rotated it numerous times to get that effect. No filters needed :) So in a way it's like vectoring an abstract shape and randomly placing it.

The vectors are very high quality ~ <3

Kudos ^.^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3377/rozen1600x1200v24uj.th.jpg
I tried Misa's suggestion... and I added some random poetry text for some flavor... doing things this way was fun, but I'm still not satisfied... I think I've seen too many awesome wallpapers lately to be satisfied with my own work...

Poem found here: http://www.emule.com/poetry/?page=poem&poem=4129

Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

i like the first one better...
i think the second one looks too flashy..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

the first one:
-i think the scan is too large so it sort of overloads the wall a bit.
-the bg doesn't have enough - it needs more things in it - perhaps Suigintou could be made to be a bit more visible, not just her eyes flashing in the dark
-the font style doesn't really fit the wall and i think you might have put too much

if you want to do a scenic one, you could always start over...
the concept that pop up into my head is a window behind suiseiseki and souseiseki and then put suigintou behind that window.

anywayz, about the 2nd version:
-interesting concept but i don't think it goes together with the vector that well
-i think souseiseki might need to sit on something. she's floating - although she can fly when she wants to. ^^
-i think it's the fact that you've made everything seem copy pasted in the bg that makes it less interesting. you could try different shapes and even some textures.

just some suggestions that comes to my head, but you know, i've been looking at rozen maiden series and scans in the last few days A LOT and when i look at that scan, i get no ideas on wall that pops into me. i think it's a really difficult scan to work into a really nice wall. keep trying until you get something you like.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.