Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is Weird? - Minitokyo

What is Weird?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

So was talking with a friend, and it occurred that if you call someone wierd, that's in comparison to someone normal; however, no one is normal, so what is normal?

Oh, I'm not sure which catagory this should actually go in...

What is normal you ask? Well it depends on the perspective of everyone. In today's High School social life, I think normal is defined as someone who doesn't stand out in the crowd. A person who blends in and acts/looks ordinary. Of course, it is just based on what I think wierd is.

we are all individuals... so blending in could be weird... hmm... i do see your point though. I think normal cant be defined that easily :p every one has their own opinion and no one can be trusted lol

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

no such thing as normal, tell your friend that's weird

-repeat-

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I hate it when my mum uses the word normal, everytime she does i end up in a fight with her where i'll say she's being narrow minded and nieve and she'll abuse me for some random thing which isn't even related.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

normal is what u see everyday by ur standards...some people think its weird but o well u can find something weird wid them later on

What is it?

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

normal is defined when u happen to have a cup of coffee and you put sugar in it, and then u realize that inside, there is a cockroach...
by normal standards, you would have thrown that away...
sue the manager, get a refund or expect free lunch

weird is when u said:
thanks for the extras, u are so kind!
I will pay u extra if you will give me an even more "robust" coffee
nah, i don't want free lunch, u are so nice i would be taking advantage of you!

depends on what you define as normal, i consider myself normal, again, people may assume i am weird.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.b9aafda0ce.jpg
I don't consider myself to be normal and if someone calls me weird then I consider it a compliment. Back in high school instead of being labeled or leaving the labeling up to the "popular kids" I silently labeled myself as a Freaks III and I don't even consider myself to human anyway. To be normal or what everyone else expects you to be is just stupid. I have been called crazy because I lust after Anime man...yeah sexy and beautiful shirtless Anime men...there is nothing better rrrrrrrrrow (kiss!). ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Weird is something you don't consider normal. lol ^_^ That doesn't explain anything... hmm... Weird is something which can stand out, something you don't see often. Thats what people consider 'weird'. (thats what I think anyway ^_^;

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

what is weird? that's a hard question...some things are weird to people some are not...same with ugly, fat, normal...it's all different

You know, everyone is a little weird in their own way. That is what makes life so interesting

tronks

The Archer

your question is weird. No, that´s false. In fact nothing is normal and nothing is weird

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

In my opinion normal would be when everyone else acts and talks like everyone else! BORING! Go with the flow type of thing.

I'm weird. When everyone is doing the exact same thing, I'll be doing the opposite! Go against the flow! YAY! ^__^

merged: 01-22-2006 ~ 10:36am
There are no set conditions for normal and weird, it's your own opinion.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I believe being "normal" is what the majority of the public wants to see the average person as, but everyone is fairly unique in a way, and there's just too many questions drawn upon the line about what "normal" practically is this present time. How a person reacts, and what he or she does on a regular basis usually helps determine if they are normal or not, but just because a person is somewhat different from the "norm.," does not mean the public shouldn't always define them immediately under the "weird" or "unusual" category. Unique - is more like the word I would use here.

Besides, I would only consider things normal as long as certain events doesn't seem to go out of line.

Need some examples? Okay, then let me see here. I would consider it things out of the "norm" when:

- People start running up the escalator when it was practically meant to take you down.
- While driving a car, people decide to head right into a one-way street when other cars are clearly heading through the other direction. Somebody needs to look more carefully, you know.
- A group of people line up at one booth which is heavily packed, while another booth just two or three yards down is just free of service just around the corner. Anyone could practically see it from there, but nobody bothers to go, really. Strange how people just follow others when this sort of thing happens.

Then you have the other bizarre moments when people try to push other cars out of the parking lots in the mall just to squeeze in, which is illegal to do, but some crazy individuals do it anyways.

Then you have others who ride their bike down tight food marketplaces when it was clearly marked as a no-vehicle / no bicycle / no scooter zone, which can lead to very unfortunate accidents.

The funny part is how people lock all their doors tightly with their security alarms in place, but decided to leave their windows without screens wide open.

Finally, before a lot of things are said and done, never cut a bag of candy with a kitchen knife.

Amazing how people think these days.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

There is no normal or weird in this world all is just different from each other. So you can't really tell what is "normal" from "weird"...

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

I would most likely go under weird.

Normal is relative, usually defined by society, but still relative. But I'm weird in a sense that I'm quircky in a good way. I hope.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.