Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is death good or bad - Minitokyo

is death good or bad

good or bad

good
16 votes
bad
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

is death good or bad like the name is it the begining of a new life or the end opinons ECT.

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Death comes for all of us when it is time. It is... beyond whether it's good or bad, really. It can be good, in a way, for those who do not have much spirit to go on living due to personal circumstances. However, the reverse is acutely true for those who will leave behind loved ones and a relatively happy life. I have not yet started on the religious side of it... ;)

Traize

Traize

Design Student

Its not really something you can qualify as good or bad, as Enchanter says, its beyond that.

Sure a lot of people don't like it & it can make many people seriously upset & even worse, but, you don't know what lies beyond, & to term it bad is to suggest theres nothing after...

Its not good for most people, but, you know, if you believe in heaven, it could be a wonderful thing.

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

Death is something we would want to escape from. But death is also some people's wish. People who wanted to live, must work hard on work, on family, on anything in their life. Life was precious to them and they try to protect life. BUt somehow death was a wish. People who lost everything wished death. And sometimes they has decease which hurt so bad, so bad till they think death was far more better. Diferent people has different thing to say.
This relates to one thing, when we see people who wanted death, pursue him on dreams and encourage him life was not an end for him. When we see people who was happy, help him realise life is short and try to think more.

Life is a journey; no one survives of it. Also, religion has a lot meaning with that how you think about death. In my opinion, death is good, but some people think that it's bad. Dying in vain is bad. I believe in resurrection. Death is something that is with us and we have to accept it and we don't have to be scared of it.

Signature Image

It all depends on the person, the life and situation they come out of, and if they have completed their fate or destiny or not. For me when I complete my reason my death will be good. I will be secure in the knowledge that I will NOT be returning to this life and it's dying world...ah I will be so happy. On my assent to the other worlds I will be playing Hands to Heaven by: Breathe and screaming with such delight that all other ascending spirits will just have to turn their heads and stare at me. WOOO HOOO it will be glorious!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

You know when you get bored of your life and have to change things up or you'll get depressed? Imagine if you never died. Eventually you'd see pretty much everything and be in agony every day.

You definitely don't want to become old and even older (use your imagination!) and never seeing the end to it. ;)

some people think death is good, some think its bad..cant really tell

aiya.

Quote by schimkesome people think death is good, some think its bad..cant really tell

Same here! Dunno if it is bad or good cause noone can tell what comes afterwards! -_-

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

I don't really want to classify it as something good or bad. It's natural that life has to end at some point.

up up and away

dragonbard

dragonbard

Imitating Sanji

what would people do without death?
what would they think?

Well, life depends on AAYAA

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

Its bad but good at the same time. For example:
Death scares me because I feel I havent done enough in this world.
BUT, Its good because I'll be sitting at God's table when i die.

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

SoulPunisher

SoulPunisher

Grimm Reaper M-1

that depends on the person...bad for those who are hellbound.
good for us who are on the way to Heaven

Dream24

Dream24

~*Eternal Dream*~

Is death good or bad really depends on the person. I look at it as something that has yet to be known to us, since obviously we cannot come back from the dead and talk about what goes on. From what they tell us through some religions, death is viewed as something bad. But how can death be good or bad if we have yet to experience it ourself. I guess it is how you view death, that makes you decide if it is bad or good. I don't know what will happen after death but we should be focusing on living through today instead of thinking constantly about death. That's just my idea on death.

death is neither. Death is death. What matters is how you die, what do you leave behind when you die.

merged: 03-10-2006 ~ 01:24am
>sorry about the double post<

how you die: bravely?
how good your death is depends nearly entirely on how good your life was. Did you accomplish your dreams? did you live chasing after illusions and fake happiness? or did you get and cherish the essential in life?

Heaven on earth for me is:
-to do what you love for a living.
-to have a partner (of the opposite sex) to share your life with
-to stay away from drugs, alcoholism and drunkeness, cigarettes and smoke... away from crime, prison,...

One leaves the world a better place by having built his life, by improving himself. The individual is the basis.

Lightaura

Lightaura

Devil Alchemist

Um but how does it matter how you die if your already dead how does this change the fact that you are dead and that you aren't coming back.

Human alchemy is just like the sun get to close to it and your gonna get burned.

It's ALL ABOUT THE FALL.
It is important how you die, because you can't choose when you die. So say you are in a bank and it is stormed by robbers who quickly turn into hostage takers. They threaten to shoot like a hundred times every hour. Do you squeal and beg for mercy? or do you tell them that you are prepared to die and if die you must then you will face it stoicly.
One can only be prepared to die by having lived to the fullest. So there, a good death can only stem from a good life.

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

I feel death is neither good nor evil. It just is...we run from it, and it takes us. We accept it, and it...takes us anyway. It is the only thing that truly chooses no favorites. The only thing we truly fear about death is if we have to stand up to our actions in the end...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

I feel death is either good or bad, depending on how its caused. If you've lived life in misery, day after day, not doing anything...well then yeah, death is going to be bad. But if you've lived your life to the fullest, and your happy, then death would be good I suppse...

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

I agree. Death is neither good nor bad. Death, like life, is what you make of it. I also agree with Ar-Pharazon II's point that death is only as good as your life. There is no point taking one's life if one has no good life. i.e don't commit suicide because your life is a mess, instead strive, like all humans do, to have a better life. There is nothing that justifies death but there is some things that make sense out of it.

(please don't take my comment offensive!)
Well, some people said that if you had a good life then death will be a good thing. I don't get quite the idea of that to be honest. I think if you have a happy life with a lot of friends and a great family etc. and then you die... I'm sure the people arround you who liked you would be pretty sad that you faded away; how can death be a good thing in such a case?
Also, what 'arpharazonii' said has confused me bit: how can you die a good death? That example you gave doesn't make sense to me at all; if someone aimed at me with a gun it doesn't matter if I beg for mercy or face it bravely (for god's sake life is not a game!). Well, I think the latter would be a little heartless don't you think? You said that you can only "die a good death" if you lived life to its fullest meaning that you have met a person to share your life with (according to what you said); if I had a wife and someone aimed at me with a gun I would certainly try to stay alive because I wouldn't want my wife to be sad and also if we had children it would be even worse for them. It doesn't matter if I faced death bravely at the moment that guy shot since those whom I left behind will certainly be sad; I don't see anything good here...

Back to the topic:
I think you can say if death is a good thing or not; but not in general only in some cases you can. For people who built themselves a great life death would be a bad thing I suppose. Those who live a sorrowfull life and don't think it will ever become better may think of death being a "nice" option to escape from life. I don't want to encourage anyone to commit suicide; it's quite the opposite: I think those who thought of doing so should just try to live further on; we are sure to die one day so why not staying alive and find out what fate has in store for you?

Death will always be something we fear since we don't know what happens after death: will we be resurrected, will we go to heaven, will we go to hell or will we just stop to exist... nobody knows and nobody ever will. You will never be able to find out if death itself is good or a bad thing. But a persons death will always be a bad thing for those who liked (loved) that person.

Its not something you can say is good or bad... death simply is. Everything with a life must die sometimes - its just the way it is. Ultimately, I suppose death must be a good thing - otherwise how could any living creature have the chance to be reborn?

only the twinlight of the darkness in the end ... can see the true of that question

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.