Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 why you like anime when above 20(age) - Minitokyo

why you like anime when above 20(age)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

why you like anime when you age have over 20
in China , when someone tall this
he will ? and say why ?
you have been already 20 years-old......

I don't know if completely understand your question, but I think I get the idea.

Personally, I do not think liking Anime is a matter of age. It is a matter of the way you see things and life. I'm 20 years old myself (21 next March ^^) and I'm really proud of being Otaku, 100%. My girlfriend is Otaku as well, she will be 17 this June. Anime is quite deep and beautiful, teaches us to encourage our dreams to reach but also gives joy to our life, and it makes us explore so many themes, from fantasy and traditional Japanese culture to philosophal and adult matters.

That's why I think age has nothing to do with it. Anime is culture. ^^ Hope no one feels offended, not my intention, I swear. just my humble opinion. Namarie (Elvish for "good-bye", according to Tolkien's Quenya)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Okay, if I understand your question correctly you are asking why a person would like anime over the age of 20? Like Elven-Inccubus-san said, it's not a matter of age, but what a person likes. An anime can be appealing to me based on the storyline, the art, or the music. It's not a matter of "Oh, it's a cartoon... isn't it for kids?"

Signature Image

davidh01

davidh01

No Longer Active...

You don't have to be a child to enjoy anime. I find with anime that there is a storyline that can appeal to most ages - if you are of a mind to explore it. Anime particularly appeals to me because of the mature storylines oriented towards the older teens and adult market, and generally no premise of "cartoons are for kids" (as already discussed in this thread).

I also find that the likes of Disney and Dreamworks are now getting onto the wagon and packaging "Western" cartoons sometimes aimed at children with inside jokes aimed at the adults often seeing them with the child as they finally wise up to the idea that a decent cartoon with a good storyline can appeal to all ages.

merged: 02-12-2006 ~ 05:45pm
You don't have to be a child to enjoy anime. I find with anime that there is a storyline that can appeal to most ages - if you are of a mind to explore it. Anime particularly appeals to me because of the mature storylines oriented towards the older teens and adult market, and generally no premise of "cartoons are for kids" (as already discussed in this thread).

I also find that the likes of Disney and Dreamworks are now getting onto the wagon and packaging "Western" cartoons sometimes aimed at children with inside jokes aimed at the adults often seeing them with the child as they finally wise up to the idea that a decent cartoon with a good storyline can appeal to all ages.

BTW: I'm 33 - and not looking at stopping my anime collection in the forseeable future.

Quote by thinker123
you have been already 20 years-old......

my dad always said to me like this

I have always loved anime since I was old enough to start watching the TV and still do even now. If anyone asks me that sort of question, it is almost always coming from those who don't watch and hence don't understand anime. In that case, I don't give a damn.

Something important is the fact that this world has a extense variety of opinions. Your father has its own point of view towards Anime fandom.

Guess you don't have to worry about that. One must make up his own mind, and understand (or at least try to) each other's opinion. I've always been victim of my classmates jokes, making fun of me for being a little "dreamer child" and "sick weirdo" for liking Anime stuff...but, well, I know I'm not the only one...^^...

P.S. Anime 4 Ever! X3

fray

fray

The lost one

My parents (above 50) don't say anything. To say the true... they watch anime with me :) In our opinion anime=movie. Why do people watch movies? Just 4 fun! :) There are good and bad animes and the same with the movies.

Signature Image

WHY? BECAUSE!...
I guess I don't really understand the question (or if I do, I don't see the point, sorry... )

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

The only people who think anime should not be watched when someone is over the age of 20 (arbitrary number) is someone who still thinks anime is like every other "saturday morning cartoon". Anime to me is something that should not be defined by age (nor most anything else for that matter). I watched it when I was younger, and I'll continue to watch it when I'm much older as long as there are still titles I find interesting. Anime is something I enjoy watching, so my age doesn't matter in the least.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Some people just don't understand anime. Sometimes it's so much more insightful and deep than any of the crap on tv. For example, in the UK there are shows like Big-Brother and HollyOaks which are obviously aimed at mentally defunct people. I mean seriously why waste half an hour watching crap sandwiched between commercials advertising crap?

A lot of people, especially westerners, have the mistaken assumption that since anime is technically cartoons then it must be juvenile. I have loads of friends who are anime fans too, and I've also managed to convert a fair number of people since I came to Uni.

I am not the least bit embarrased that I love anime. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my life and I'm an Otaku, but it certainly is something that I will always enjoy.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Quote by KidderSome people just don't understand anime. Sometimes it's so much more insightful and deep than any of the crap on tv. For example, in the UK there are shows like Big-Brother and HollyOaks which are obviously aimed at mentally defunct people. I mean seriously why waste half an hour watching crap sandwiched between commercials advertising crap?

Exactly. Most anime I've seen is far more mature in content and story than the live action show on TV. The only people who think anime is designed for kids haven't truly experienced it.

Quote: why you like anime when you age have over 20

For similiar reasons that the Anime creators, themselves, (who are often well over 20-years old) enjoy the form so much -- because it's a medium that allows for a huge breadth of impressive storytelling & art. The sky isn't even the limit.

There are many reasons really, but getting down to it, good storytelling can be found in a variety of places and anime is simply one of them. Good storytelling doesn't carry an expiration tag. Take one of Miyazki's films like Castle in the Sky for example; the story is timeless -- whether you're 6, 24, 48, 67, whatever. No different than Alice in Wonderland which, in it's many forms, has captivated folks of all ages generation after generation.

Another way to look at it, perhaps, is that there's a difference between the childish and childlike. There is childish anime (often parading as mature anime) which I personally wouldn't probably care for, but there is childlike anime which can/should resonate with people of all ages for the values it teaches, etc.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Why, because growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

That's not really a good reason now is it. Could it be that I just enjoy a story that appeals to me. I mean come on, hollywood is not going to make a movie like Gundam Char's Counterattack. And TV series the likes of Urusei Yatsura, Gundam and Legend of Galactic Heroes are few and far between here. I'll just say it, most movies and TV shows suck. There are anime that does as well, but I'll watch what I enjoy. That's about it, like reading a good book.

BTW I'm over 30.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

My parents think its childish for me to still like Anime and manga...but to me...liking them has nothing to do with age...As to why...i really dont know. Not everything need a reason to be liked, right?

kup0

Chipp

Anime just don't focuses on younger people but also towards mature people. It looks childish because some people think that "animations" is just for kids. They just look at that and not on the story of the anime itself. You shouldn't really care if someone tells you this. Some people can't live without anime you know (like me) so be proud of it!

I don't think there is anything wrong with liking anime when over 20, 30, 40, etc. There are certainly a lot of anime out there that I don't think are suitable for younger kids, and are made for an adult audience. Anyway, if something, regardless of whether it is anime or whatever, has a great story and great characters, than it is a story that can speak/appeal to all ages.

Oh and btw, I'm well over 20.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Since there's much anime made for a lot of age groups, I don't see any problems with continuing your own fandom beyond the 20's/30's.

i was introduced to anime in my 20s, i wasn't much of a fan of manga or anime in my young age. i thought he-man was the best cartoon ever! the first anme i saw that got me hooked DBZ, since then i cannot live without watching anime! i know it sounds a bit psychotic, but im hooked!
anime isn't only about super human powers and mystical creatures but it can also be related to real people and real lifes witch are for more mature individuals.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I'm 20 years old right now (21 in August), and I am pretty much just getting into anime. I took up an interest in it when I was 19 and now my interest is really growing. Its not about how old you are, it all depends on your interests and the kind of things you like.

I like how anime can seem like a totally different world, and even though you know its not real, it feels like it is. Just the way the stories are told and how good the animation is, it makes it seem real. You feel like you can really connect with the characters, and you almost care for them as though they were real people. Well, at least that's how it is for me. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

I'm 35 and have been watchin anime for about 17 years, I still enjoy the things I grew up with, that includes The Muppet Show as well. Its good to take a break from the real world.

i didnt watch anime when i was younger. my passion for anime starts when i was 18..
so its like i'm making up for my childhood which should be spent on watching anime and cartoons..

by the way, my childhood was spent on books~

Signature

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

Well I've liked anime for a while I watched some when I was little not really knowing that it was a different kind of cartoon. But I think the thing that appeals to me most is the fact I like to live vicariously through these lucky anime women who get to hang out with these gorgeous anime men. And the fact that the majority of the characters are so unique and have amazing personalities and are funny which is like the ultimate combination.

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

i think that actually we can like and watch anime every age.I watch Anime since i was young.And watch many cartoon too.Now i'm 19 and i think that i'll watch Anime even i above 20 or more than that.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.