Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The End of Mai Otome *Spoilers* - Minitokyo

The End of Mai Otome *Spoilers*

page 1 of 1 15 total items

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Well, the last episodes of Mai Otome aired last week and I just got to finish watching them. I thought the ending to the series was pretty good. The fight between Arika and Nina was awesome and the presence of all those otome, especially seeing Nao finally in her column robe. I was just a lil dissappointed with a few things that were left out unexplained.

They did show a ruin of Fuuka Gakuen where Miyu goes to and activates the "Hime-star," so does that mean that Otome takes place so far in the future of Hime? What happens to Tomoe after she is picked up from the fall after facing Arika? Was she arrested like Nagi and his crew? Is Yohko staying at Garderobe and not going with Aswald (Rad especially)? Those are my main questions.

Also I little dissapointed with some of the reprising hime characters and their "little" screentime. I know Mai, Nao, and the others aren't the main characters, but it would have been kewl if they had a little more action and screentime. I mean Nao just got her robe, which luks awesome, but little is shown with her in action. Same with Mai. Just introduced in episode 23 and didnt even show much. Just the same scene from the intro.

Its funny how some scenes from Otome are very similar to Gundam Seed. Here are a few screenies comparing:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5984/dkcfuytdkltdldty8ia.th.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9964/rck686kc6rkrdxk4ul.th.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1747/krfy7y6l8rfl5xt.th.jpghttp://img93.imageshack.us/img93/285/hawzh5etjezshj6zj1tr.th.jpg

Other than those, I thought the ending was pretty good, edging Mai-Hime by a little bit. Whut did u guys think?

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Me, I'm not very fond od the ending much. yeah its kinda nice and all, but its somewhat 'common' to me.

about the fuuka gakuen, yeah it does seems like rather than alternative world, looks like more towards the very far future.

on the little screentime point, yeah. I wanted too actually more of Mai. at least a 1 on 1 fight.

on Tomoe, yeah I bet she's arrested. she's just plain evil.

there is one thing I want some explanation. arika's shining hair. they actually showed arika in action with her glowing hair. so it must meant something.

i'm pretty sure the glowing hair meant that she was related to Alissa Searrs somehow... that's what Miyu said anyway... (although i fail to see how that's possible, but... whatever, Miyu said it, not me... ....technically she said related to "that person"... hmmmm..... not Alissa-chan...?)

and i think the ending was okay... it wasn't the best ever... but i'm not gonna hunt them down or anything... ^^; tops Mai HiME's ending...

i wanted to hear that 4th verse thingy to the lullaby again, though... it was fairly awesome...

"All those with life were born to die" -Sailor Lethe

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you have tried.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Yeah Arika's hair shined like that because of her relation to Alyssa Searrs, according to Miyu. It probably shined like that in the final battle because she was fighting for the sake of all she cares about.

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by pn0yvstyle

Its funny how some scenes from Otome are very similar to Gundam Seed.

Try imagining Gundam Seed's 3rd opening theme "Believe" sung by Nami Tamaki in place of My Otome's 2nd opening intro. A fan had made a video of it that's out in the web somewhere and by the looks of it, the song nearly or perhaps perfectly matches the flow of the opening sequence.

Signature

well... i just wanted to know ... serghey is yuichi right ? and he's the "mysterious guy" who mai fell in love with right ? ...
and well i was hoping to know more of mashiro... she kinda disapointed me in mai otome, tho she was one of my fav character in maihime ... (with natsuki of course :p)

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

I don't think it was ever confirmed about Sergey and Mai's love being the same person. In ep 12, there was a letter Sergey was reading that was stamped with the Tohika name, but that may be referring to Takumi talking about world affairs. Mai never talked about the fate of her love interest. At the end of the series, amnesiac Sergey does look a bit like Tate from My Hime. I think that's about the only similarity beyween the two.
I liked how Mashiro developed into an able and caring ruler. The only thing that was somewhat disappointing to me was that it was never revealed where she really came from. Miyu mentioned something like " it doesn't matter if you are royalty or not, just as long as you are a good ruler/have the will." With that said, it was probably not important to further dwell in Mashiro's past.

Signature

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Yeah I thought Sergey and Mai may had that love connection but it was never touched so I guess it wasn't true. The episode explaining the legend kinda showed an image similar to Sergey when Mai's legend was "animated" hehe. anywho that's one of the things I wanted the series to touch basis on but it wasnt/

Miyu did hint that Mashiro may be related to Fumi, the first Otome or whut not. THats another thing that was unexplained at the end. Oh well, everything ended happily ever after haha!

Well Well...
The Mai Otome End was good in my opinion...
Ok, it was really common... but the fun in the serie was the mid...
How the things happen... that is the good ^^b
And the mistery and the holes in the serie maybe will be solved with the future OVAs...
Bye bye ^^/

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

the ending i thot was priti good tho common some things i didnt like about it was they gave so little screentime to some of my favrites like mai and nao and natsuki of course xP which i wulda luved to seen them more especially natsuki in those robes but ah well... and also miyu said arika was related to alyssa i dont now how but her hair did shine golden thats something else that was unexplained and also about mashiro..didnt learn so much about her past thats another thing...well i still liked it and all is well...mayb theyll release an oav..later!

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Yeah I kinda think myself that OTOME might have been in the far far future of HiME. As far as the Sergey/Mai thing...think about it...practically everyone's role's where the same as they were in HiME...so I think that leads us to believe that Sergey(who I think is Tate with a different name) was Mai's love interest. Interesting enough tho...Sergey sure has a lot of womens. How many did he go for? Arika's Mom? Nina? Arika? hehe How many more I wonder.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Compared with the ending for Mai HiME, I think that Mai Otome far outshone it! I was actually quite satisfied with the ending for Mai Otome... though I do agree that it felt rushed. However I did have an inkling of this just because they had built up so many side storylines... I would have liked to have seen more of what happened afterwards instead of just seeing random shots during the credits. I'm sure they could have had one last episode... Well, hopefully the OVAs will answer some of the questions that have been left unanswered! I would love to see more about Aswad though... Midori was hands down my favorite character from Mai Otome! :D

Signature Image

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

I wonder if My Otome would had been better if it was a 52 episode series. That amount of episodes would give the creators enough room to dwell into extensive character develpment and perhaps the ending wouldn't be too rushed. Hopefully, Sunrise is listening to its fans. From what I been reading in other forums, most want (including me) the OVAs to cover some of the story and characters that were not fully explained/completed.
And I wouldn't be too surprised if a director's cut was made for the final episode like they did with My Hime. I would like to see how some of the characters continue on with their lives.

Signature

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by UltraMarineI wonder if My Otome would had been better if it was a 52 episode series. That amount of episodes would give the creators enough room to dwell into extensive character develpment and perhaps the ending wouldn't be too rushed. Hopefully, Sunrise is listening to its fans. From what I been reading in other forums, most want (including me) the OVAs to cover some of the story and characters that were not fully explained/completed.
And I wouldn't be too surprised if a director's cut was made for the final episode like they did with My Hime. I would like to see how some of the characters continue on with their lives.

I think Mai Otome would have been really good if it was extended to 52 or so episodes, leaving a lot more room for character development, more screentime for popular reprising HIME characters, more story time for twists, etc...

Yes there will be a 4-episode OVA for Mai Otome. No info given about who will reprise their rols, story, or anything, but its still sumthing to look forward to:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/03/29/random-musings-extra-episodes-edition/

And regards to the Mai and Yuuichi/Sergay thing. I kinda vaguely remember that Sergay was in his office and one of the subordinats, I think it was Smith, said something like "You use to look forward to getting her letters." Then it shows a letter with the Tokiha symbol on it. I dont know if it means anything. Others say its just a letter from Takumi about political affairs or what not and if Smith was referring to either Mai or Arika. I was a lil confused but assumed that Smith was talking about Arika's letters maybe? o_0

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Nah, 52 is too much, at the height I say 28 was actually good enough, if they extend the wars, and then a large fight for the ending it is perfectly fine.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.